PDA

View Full Version : Canes: Useful?

Robantifast
Dec 21, 2002, 08:41 PM
Do you think canes are useful?

Robantifast
Dec 21, 2002, 08:41 PM
A bit random I know, but I just can't see any use for canes. Why not use a Saber? They're the same weapon, canes are just a bit different looking and have lower ATP...what's the use?

DEATH TO CANES

Eum
Dec 21, 2002, 08:45 PM
Canes increase your EVP. So, yes, I think they're useful.

Kupi
Dec 21, 2002, 09:04 PM
The special Canes are especially useful with their Simple Tech boosts. Great for FOnewearl!

Kalbelgarion
Dec 21, 2002, 10:01 PM
In general, no. IMHO, Forces should never, EVER use a mele weapon. Canes are only acceptable when they give technique or MST bonuses.

Of course, this is just my playing style.

CajunSamurai
Dec 21, 2002, 10:03 PM
Absolutely! Long as you can count rods and other assorted cane-type weapons, at least. I'm constantly switching between Agni, Indra and Dagon, as they're all elemental canes/rods/staves that boost elements of their nature by 20%, I believe. That's a lot of extra damage!
As a melee weapon though? *snort, snort* Yeah, right. Might as well use my fists. It's all about the special spell bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ina
Dec 21, 2002, 10:16 PM
Nop....

I use Rod in close range battle, and wand if i need MST.... so....cane is really useless, and I think rod looks better ~~~ n_n and in battle mode, I'd b happy to find a wand for my force

Robantifast
Dec 21, 2002, 11:29 PM
AH! Heh. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding with a few of you. I do not mean wands or rods. I like those weapons. By canes I mean canes like the ones your force starts off with. I didn't know they increase EVP, but still, why not just use a saber if you want a melee weapon? Wands increase MST, why not use those? Rods have longer range, why not those? Not to mention guns and slicers for online mode. The only excepetion I think would be if you found a Club of Zumiuran, a Mace of Adaman, or a Sting Tip. Those weapons are very powerful and the Sting Tip restores TP. *shrugs* Just my opinion.

Kent
Dec 22, 2002, 04:38 AM
Canes are more accurate than sabers, so they're more reliable at early levels for that last whack on an enemy after they've been weakened with techniques.

DirewolfX
Dec 22, 2002, 11:42 AM
Canes are safer to use than Sabers. I had a dream last night where I was holding my saber upside down when I turned it on. Luckily I didn't get hurt (whew!)

Robantifast
Dec 22, 2002, 01:24 PM
Ah alright, more accuracy...why not feed your mag for DEX? Ah, nevermind I see your point. For low level forces they're more reliable. Good deal.

You had a dream about PSO direwolf? Hmm...