PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Sega e-mail regarding 7/13 incident

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
I got this generic e-mail from Sega today out of the blue (I hadn't written to them since the day it happened), thought I'd share it since it's nice to see that they still do actually care. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I am writing to give you an update on what the Phantasy Star Universe
team is doing about the recent reports about hacked partner machines,
items missing from storage, and stolen room decorations.

The development team's first priority has been to work on security, to
prevent a reoccurrence of this attack. Although we patched the servers
on the morning of 7/13, they are working on additional security patch
that will be ready very soon.

The team has been investigating the data logs for the accounts that have
reported hacking, and this takes a lot of time. In the past SEGA has not
restored lost items, so we do not have tools available to respond to
issues like this. Although we would like to be able to completely
restore the item data, the developers are not sure if this is possible.

Please be patient while we continue to work on a solution. And although
we are trying to fix this on the servers, we may have to compensate you
on a case by case basis which may take longer.

We understand how much time and effort go into collecting rare items in
PSU and developing partner machines. We are sorry that this security
hole was not fixed sooner. While we still do not know how we will
compensate you, I assure you that everyone in the North American and
Japanese Phantasy Star teams wants to find a fair way to get this done
as soon as possible.

If you have any further question please email us.

-Jake
Sega Support

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-07-19 17:22 ]</font>

Para
Jul 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
Onoes its not Juan anymore.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 19, 2007, 07:25 PM
He got fired. So they hired another J person.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:22, Wallin wrote:
The team has been investigating the data logs for the accounts that have
reported hacking, and this takes a lot of time. In the past SEGA has not
restored lost items, so we do not have tools available to respond to
issues like this. Although we would like to be able to completely
restore the item data, the developers are not sure if this is possible.

I call lies.

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 07:28 PM
On an interesting note, I just realized in my e-mail that Jacob from SoA sent me an e-mail half an hour before I got this one, but all that was in it was the disclaimer information... not sure what that was about, LOL.

Serephim
Jul 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
I'm actually extremely surprised they even decided to consider restoring items.

Zorafim
Jul 19, 2007, 08:19 PM
They... acknowledged us?

RegulusHikari
Jul 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-07-19 18:19, Zorafim wrote:
They... acknowledged us?

Recognition is enough for me. Replacing the actually items is something that has yet to be seen. I doubt it'll happen. But if it does, "(b'')b" to ST.

Niered
Jul 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
If this was any other development team, I'd call bullshyt on them not being able to return your stuff, but this IS sonic team were talking about. It doesnt strike me as too out of the question for them to not have the foresight to add powerful administrative tools that would make such a process easy. Annoying, but at least it seems they are TRYING to do whatever they can with what they have.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Coolness. Go Jake, goodluck and godspeed ST!

XDeviousX
Jul 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
Just received this email as well...

DLShAdOw
Jul 19, 2007, 10:10 PM
Thats a good thing to see honestly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:05 PM
lol it's full of lies.. they're saying it pretty much ISN'T POSSIBLE. Sega Sucks. That's all there really is to it.. =/

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:05, Crono114 wrote:
lol it's full of lies.. they're saying it pretty much ISN'T POSSIBLE. Sega Sucks. That's all there really is to it.. =/

Sega sucks soooo much, oh man, I can't even begin to describe how much they suck. They suckity suck so damn much. Can't stand how much they suck.

Suck suck suck.

Huh? $10 to Sega every month for PSU? The shittiest shit game made by the suckiest suck? k.

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:09 PM
i agree with crono , sega is just giving u false hope so u keep playing , lol u guys aint getting ur items back if sega had the ability to restore items they would have done it months ago when all this first started happening lol sucks for u guys XD lmao

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hey man.. don't have to be a dick about it.. lol but.. yeah.. they're not comin' back everyone. =/

Arietta
Jul 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
Ryuk and crono are right, its all lies, you'll never see those items again, sorry

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
i agree with crono >.> except for the dick part i have one but i aint one lol but yea sucks to be u guys right now sega feeding u all this bull if i was u i would stop playing and quit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
It's funny cause they didn't say they were giving items back. Jokes on the morons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:19 PM
yup yup sega implied u guys were getting the stuff i deleted back and they dont care all they want is for u to keep playing thats all i dont even ppay for an account anymore i get mines free u guys should learn that too lol sega=waste of life , psu players = suckers

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:19, Ryuk_0 wrote:
i dont even ppay for an account anymore i get mines free

psu players = suckers

Owned.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
we may have to compensate you

That means that they will go to you one by one, asking which items/meseta/etc. did you lose and they will eventually restore them during a maintenance. It will take longer, but at least you will get something back in return, eventually

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
This is true. I only have paid for one account the whole time I was on psu. 2nd account.. I got free.... I didn't ask for it either.. It was offered to me. I"ve been offered other accounts too.. but meh.

Otis_Kat
Jul 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
yup yup sega implied u guys were getting the stuff i deleted back and they dont care all they want is for u to keep playing thats all i dont even ppay for an account anymore i get mines free u guys should learn that too lol sega=waste of life , psu players = suckers

Whoa, did you really do the hacking in PSU? You must have an amazing social life outside of your mom's basement and you have to at least be banging 30 chicks a night! Congrats!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-07-19 21:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-07-19 21:26 ]</font>

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:26 PM
DJ i known u for a long time so u know kno i dont mean nothing by this , but everyone lies everyone is going to say they got items stolen that they never owned every force this in the game is going to say " he stole my P-Wand" just to see if sega will give them one , the game is full of greedy ppl that are in love with haxeta and any cheat they can do but get mad when someone else does something they cant. SEGA AINT DOIN SHYT , all ur items are gone and if sega will give u anything it wont be for months and months by the time AOI comes out u might get 1% of ur items if any at all so just be happy that FSOD aint possible here cause it could have been alot worse

Arietta
Jul 19, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:25, Otis_Kat wrote:

Whoa, did you really do the hacking in PSU? You must have an amazing social life outside of your mom's basement and you have to at least be banging 30 chicks a night! Congrats!

lawl wut?

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:29 PM
All that hacking took like what.. 1-2 hours? Tops? I'm sure he has no life. Damn.

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:29 PM
lmao i live in my apt. soon to be married and im 20 u think just because some one got bored and hacked a game just for the fun of it makes me a loser like u and ur family no mofo , i just like seeing ppl get hurt u should meet me in real life im an ashole u will like to fight me but the fact is u cant beat me so stfu cause ur just mad u coudnt do something like that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuk_0 on 2007-07-19 21:31 ]</font>

Deja
Jul 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
I hope to GOD our education system didn't spit out your 20 year old self. LERN 2 GRAMAR 'n TYPE

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:33, Deja wrote:
I hope to GOD our education system didn't spit out your 20 year old self. LERN 2 GRAMAR 'n TYPE

I didn't know he was capable of operating a computer without his mom turning it on for him, let alone hacking PSU...

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
Eh.. this is the intraweb. Anyone can Spell and use grammar however they choose to. lol

Zorafim
Jul 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
Wow. The mighty Ryuk can't even type legibly.

Deja
Eh.. this is the intraweb. Anyone can Spell and use grammar however they choose to. lol

Shh quiet I'm trying to mess with the haxx0r

Arietta
On 2007-07-19 21:35, Crono114 wrote:

thats right, welcome to the interweb, everyone and anyone who is sane, spells properly or is under the age of 8, please leave at the nearest exit

thank you

Ryuk_0
flaming doesnt do anything but just make u guys get mad when another hacking incident happens lol so to me its just funny i hope u guys have fun and remember lock ur shops lol

Ryuk_0
Jul 19, 2007, 11:39 PM
lmao this is becoming funny too funny

VanHalen
Jul 19, 2007, 11:40 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:39, Ryuk_0 wrote:
lmao this is becoming funny too funny

But their laughing at you, not with you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:41 PM
Does he have to? I can read it, if I can, I'm sure you can, unless you're slightly or fully retarded. ;D

Arietta
Jul 19, 2007, 11:41 PM
wow so many haters in this topic, really says something about the PSOW community, good job their guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:42 PM
I can't imagine someone who spends their time "Hurting others," would waste their time hurting nobodies on the internet. Wouldn't you rather spend your time hurting people you'd get to see reactions out of? How tough could you possibley be if you have to, "Hurt others," (By the way, it's pretty funny you use that term in context on a video game, lol) behind a computer screen. You're so tough and badass, yeah. I'm 27, a professional boxer, I lift 150 lbs weights with my teeth. Beat that shit, yo.

Your imagination is also laughable. You read manga, AND you're tough? Unbelievable! All manga readers are scrawny and small http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I mention the manga reading because obviously your imagination is so lacking that you can't even come up with a good name for yourself

Who in their right mind would marry you? Or, rather, how much did you have to pay her?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 21:42 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:26, Ryuk_0 wrote:
DJ i known u for a long time so u know kno i dont mean nothing by this , but everyone lies everyone is going to say they got items stolen that they never owned every force this in the game is going to say " he stole my P-Wand" just to see if sega will give them one , the game is full of greedy ppl that are in love with haxeta and any cheat they can do but get mad when someone else does something they cant. SEGA AINT DOIN SHYT , all ur items are gone and if sega will give u anything it wont be for months and months by the time AOI comes out u might get 1% of ur items if any at all so just be happy that FSOD aint possible here cause it could have been alot worse

Ya. There's a lot of greedy people throughout online games. I've seen it with my eyes in PSU and through friends I party with, random people I play with or see, and shops I come across.

You known me. I've always played fair and legit and always get screwed over sideways. It's just how life goes in this game I suppose.

I really do hope though, that those that worked hard for their items and lost it, be able to get something back.

Arietta
Jul 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
well obviously its working, he's getting quite that childish reaction out of you isin't he?

and on a side note manga rocks, shame on you for saying such things

PJ
Jul 19, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:44, Arietta wrote:
well obviously its working, he's getting quite that childish reaction out of you isin't he?

Childish? You're the one who's following him like a pet, supporting his every move without a thought. Because he's so brilliant!

What makes what he does SO much less childish than what I'm doing?

Crono114
Jul 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
Following him like a pet? No one is doing anything like that.. if that was so, you'd be his bi***. Anyways. Trying to get back on topic here.. since you all like to start fighting for some reason.. We voiced our opinions on the topic. If you seriously believe you will get your stuff back. by all means, keep believing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crono114 on 2007-07-19 21:56 ]</font>

Arietta
Jul 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:49, PJ wrote:

On 2007-07-19 21:44, Arietta wrote:

Childish? You're the one who's following him like a pet, supporting his every move without a thought. Because he's so brilliant!

What makes what he does SO much less childish than what I'm doing?

hmm where should i start

for starters, your insulting him over what he did, saying he shouldin't be proud of what he did because its just a game, yet here you are throwing a temper-tantrum over that very same game.

secondly i'm not "following him like a pet" i'm supporting him in his argument aginst you because clearly he's right and you are not.

lastly your over use of sarcasem is a clear sign that this topic is fruterating you, yet you continue to return and throw a tanturm with every post.

now ask yourself, who again is living in the basement of the parents house?

i thought so

edit: its 1am here so i care not of any spelling mistakes i made

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arietta on 2007-07-19 21:58 ]</font>

Ryuk_0
Jul 20, 2007, 12:00 AM
lmao i fought ppl like u think their badasses till they get scared from me lol i aint childish maybe just get bored easy from all the years of smoking weed i quit that though but i still come at me all u want cause i aint no lil kid i had boxers afraid of me so its fun making ppl like u get mad just to see if u even got the balls to do anything so come give me all u got cause u guys just want someone to blame for sega's flaws and ur own stupidity lol makes it more fun for me

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:01 AM
So when ST restores all those items, you'll bend down and suck my balls?

I mean, I'm clearly wrong...

Edit: And also, I'm not really throwing a tantrum or anything over this. I'm playing Pokemon and just having fun making fun of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:04 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.luclin.org/files/jamond/Retarded.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif >_>..... <_<

Crono114
On 2007-07-19 22:05, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

lmfao, Props to you. XD

Ryuk_0
the first step is admitting that your wrong and i ain't got no problems with u , u seem like a hacker to me so eh

Arietta
Jul 20, 2007, 12:06 AM

i lol'd

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:07 AM

Old/10

I didn't know Slowpoke had internet

Etc.

On 2007-07-19 22:05, Ryuk_0 wrote:
the first step is admitting that your wrong and i ain't got no problems with u , u seem like a hacker to me so eh

What?

On 2007-07-19 22:05, Crono114 wrote:
lmfao, Props to you. XD

It was directed at you too, you know?

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 12:08 AM
I quit arguing, in case you can't tell, besides, even if it is, It's still funny. Like I actually care. lol

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-07-19 22:09, Arietta wrote:
now your just trying to hard >>

My post took a grand total of one third of a minute to write.

What?

Trying too hard, acting tough on the internet, this thread is good enough I put my DS down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:10 ]</font>

Arietta
Jul 20, 2007, 12:09 AM
now your just trying to hard >>

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 12:11 AM
OKay man.. for one thing.. you've wasted too much time in the internet.. You know everything out there, don't ya? Just 'cause it's an old picture or whatever, doesn't mean it isn't funny ;D

lol put your DS down? Playing hardcore pokemon huh? I bet you're the darn best pokemon trainer out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crono114 on 2007-07-19 22:12 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
omg... now your argueing about the pic.. LOL. *face palm*

PJ
No, I really don't know a lot of the internet memes, but considering that picture is from like...2000....

And too much time on the internet? Didn't you use to waste time hacking PSU?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:12 ]</font>

Arietta
i mean't

now your just trying to hard to upset them, its not working and your only making yourself look foolish.

heres some wise advice that i know your not gonnalisten to, but i'm gonna tell it to you anyway

just stop posting here, your posts have been nothing but flames, read this one last comment, then just walk away.

seriously it'd be the smart thing to do but hey, thats just my two cents

Almighty_Envy
Holy Sh*t

Defending a hacker!

Last time i did that i got exiled....

Long time ago o_O

That is, if you are in fact Ryuk, I have no doubt you are but ya never know, people have pretended to be hackers before.

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-07-19 22:12, Arietta wrote:
i mean't

now your just trying to hard to upset them, its not working and your only making yourself look foolish.

heres some wise advice that i know your not gonnalisten to, but i'm gonna tell it to you anyway

just stop posting here, your posts have been nothing but flames, read this one last comment, then just walk away.

seriously it'd be the smart thing to do but hey, thats just my two cents

If anyone is taking this topic seriously, they really should just lay down and wait to die.

And I'm not upsetting anyone? I beg to differ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:15 ]</font>

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
It's him I can assure you it. and huh.

On 2007-07-19 22:12, PJ wrote:
No, I really don't know a lot of the internet memes, but considering that picture is from like...2000....

And too much time on the internet? Didn't you use to waste time hacking PSU?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:12 ]</font>

PSU is all about wasting time.. so yes, I did waste time on psu. I was bored at the time. Wasting my time right now. ;D

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
OMG H4X, and so forth.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.ishkur.com/posters/internet.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif in before lock.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
Hmm well since it is him i might as awell join the fray.

He hacked, end of story.

Okay im good for a while.

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I'd like to think everyones just wasting time here. But PSOW has been serious business for a long time, so...

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck about hacking in PSU anymore. And I really don't care if items do get restored or not, I didn't lose anything. Nor did any of my friends.

Crono114
On 2007-07-19 22:17, Almighty_Envy wrote:
Hmm well since it is him i might as awell join the fray.

He hacked, end of story.

Okay im good for a while.

Lol ,okay. Well ya'll have fun with this. This is way off the topic already. Read back.. wonder who's fault we got off it? Anyways see ya'll 'round.

Arietta
I don't believe you >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arietta on 2007-07-19 22:19 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 12:19 AM
Thats fine.

Oh, my downloads done. See ya guys later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-19 22:21 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah im going back to my safe haven

Have fun you guyz, and dont annoy Ryuk to much

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-07-19 22:00, Ryuk_0 wrote:
lmao i fought ppl like u think their badasses till they get scared from me lol i aint childish maybe just get bored easy from all the years of smoking weed i quit that though but i still come at me all u want cause i aint no lil kid i had boxers afraid of me so its fun making ppl like u get mad just to see if u even got the balls to do anything so come give me all u got cause u guys just want someone to blame for sega's flaws and ur own stupidity lol makes it more fun for me

Am I the only one who thinks this just SCREAMS pre-pubescent internet badass? Please, lets take a moment to dissect this shall we?

1. Originally claimed he was 20. Good generic age, allows for scaled up maturity levels. Unfortunately, in order to back this up you have to show...well, y'now...MATURITY. Also, a basic grasp of the language you supposedly speak is a MUST.

2. Marriage, once again, this supposedly adds to the maturity level. Unfortunately for this internet badass, by dragging such a thing into said arguement he actually disproves his original intent. Any male mature enough to take care of a potential family would have realized that simply griefing in a game and then gloating about it was childish.

3. Weed. Actually, this ones probably true. 12 year olds are fucked up kids these days, especially script kiddies. You probably need to be stoned on something, although claiming your badassery by saying you can get your hands on a substance so easily attainable I could drive a mile from my house and get some really doesnt make me care about your lackluster white trash lifestyle anymore than I did originally.

4. "Boxers were afraid of me". This is also quite possible, often times foaming at the mouth and clawing madly at your opponent is associated with rabies, but im sure a mental defect is the actual case.

So boy-wonder, heres some questions from a real 20 year old (ZOMG MAH E-PEEN, IT SWELLS WITH THE MERE MENTION OF MY LUDICROUSLY WISE AGE):

You graduate high school? How'd you do on your essay question on your SAT? Are you going to college? Or, were you in fact, so badass you dropped out, went to rehab for weed (please.) and then "h4xx0red t3h natl. b4nk" for your cash?

P.S. please, dont forget to call your fiancee tonight, shes worried the "party van" has caught on to your badassery script-kiddying. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-07-19 23:28 ]</font>

Authenticate
Jul 20, 2007, 01:44 AM
I'd be suprised if Sega did anything. You know if this happened on the JP servers that they'd be all over it. I guess there's the language barrier and all, but we pay just as much as the JPs do. They could at least try.

You think you're an asshole, Ryuk? I kick puppies. AND KITTENS. At the same time.

l_Will_l
Jul 20, 2007, 01:48 AM
On 2007-07-19 23:44, Authenticate wrote:
You think you're an asshole, Ryuk? I kick puppies. AND KITTENS. At the same time.

ROMFFL that made my day.

Ryuk_0
Jul 20, 2007, 01:52 AM
wow mad flaming on me for that when all of u that flame are mad over a game that just makes u sad i can say anything and u wont believe it cause all u want to do is blame someone , thats fine dont believe anything i say lol keep calling me a script kiddie u got to remember its a game and ur the one thats mad lol and on the weed i havent smoked it in years since i was about 17, never went to rehab its a recreational drug so eh just got tired of it oh and i dont need to type well who cares its a fucking forum u kno , u can say im twelve or watever but lets compare u actually play the game when i just went in for mayb 2 hours last week and hacked it and that makes me the loser cause u rank up ur hours and i got 2? hmmm lets think about this.......and its funny kick puppies and kittens lol i just find it too funny lol

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-07-19 23:52, Ryuk_0 wrote:
wow mad flaming on me for that when all of u that flame are mad over a game that just makes u sad i can say anything and u wont believe it cause all u want to do is blame someone , thats fine dont believe anything i say lol keep calling me a script kiddie u got to remember its a game and ur the one thats mad lol and on the weed i havent smoked it in years since i was about 17, never went to rehab its a recreational drug so eh just got tired of it oh and i dont need to type well who cares its a fucking forum u kno , u can say im twelve or watever but lets compare u actually play the game when i just went in for mayb 2 hours last week and hacked it and that makes me the loser cause u rank up ur hours and i got 2? hmmm lets think about this.......and its funny kick puppies and kittens lol i just find it too funny lol

THE PERIODS...I CANT FIND THEM! IT DOESNT STOP...IT JUST KEEPS RUNNING ON AND ON AND ON AND ON! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS HELL OF A GRAMMATICAL CHARADE?!

F-Gattaca
Jul 20, 2007, 01:58 AM
"Killers get their kicks from imposing themselves on others. This may be "nice", ie. busybody do-gooding, but few people practice such an approach because the rewards (a warm, cosy inner glow, apparently) aren't very substantial. Much more commonly, people attack other players with a view to killing off their personae (hence the name for this style of play). The more massive the distress caused, the greater the killer's joy at having caused it. "

That's from Richard Bartle (http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm). I wonder how accurate this would be if you replaced "attack" and "kill" with "hack?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-07-19 23:58 ]</font>

Isabella
Jul 20, 2007, 02:00 AM
whatever* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif >>

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 02:03 AM
Guys, srsly. Watch it. Hes scared off BOXERS. Plus, with his totally 1337 knowledge of "the system" he'll hack our accounts, track us down, and beat us up. Then he'll smoke a blunt and fuck his wife on top of our graves. Ive seen him do it.

l_Will_l
Jul 20, 2007, 02:04 AM
haha soo off topic but now i remember you F-Gattaca lol

Gryffin
Jul 20, 2007, 02:04 AM
I've never seen a thread degenerate into a more entertaining scene than this.

I love you all.

Keep going! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mikura
Jul 20, 2007, 02:14 AM
Hmm, so this is the guy that deleted my Crea Doubles...I only have one thing to say:
"Die in a fire." -.- Okay, that's about all I had to say. <.<

Sorta back on topic, I hope Sega can and will eventually restore all the lost items but I also tend to agree that it probably won't happen since anyone could make up an excuse to get an uber rare they didn't own before. But we'll see.

Ryuk_0
Jul 20, 2007, 02:22 AM
On 2007-07-20 00:03, Niered wrote:
Guys, srsly. Watch it. Hes scared off BOXERS. Plus, with his totally 1337 knowledge of "the system" he'll hack our accounts, track us down, and beat us up. Then he'll smoke a blunt and fuck his wife on top of our graves. Ive seen him do it.

lmfao

-Ryuki-
Jul 20, 2007, 04:40 AM
This guy isn't Ryuk. The real Ryuk types properly, and wouldn't even discuss it like it was an accomplishment.

Ryuk_0
Jul 20, 2007, 05:02 AM
>.> its really me >.>

Mayu
Jul 20, 2007, 06:03 AM
-_- ok I'll ask you my self personally

creativehope
Jul 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
And it just keeps going. I havent lol'd this hard in a while.

Otis_Kat
Jul 20, 2007, 09:30 AM
I am the CEO of Cisco Systems, I make over $400,000 a year and have sex with super models on a regular basis. I have muscles from here to yaya and can bench 320. My physique is so fearsome I make golden glove boxers run in fear. And to top it off, I love hurting weak people, that's why I hack obscure online games.

Ryuk, that's why people here aren't liking you(besides the fact you claim to have done the hacking ;P), you just don't sound believable.

chibiLegolas
Jul 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-07-19 18:21, RegulusHikari wrote:
Recognition is enough for me. Replacing the actually items is something that has yet to be seen. I doubt it'll happen. But if it does, "(b'')b" to ST.

I agree. False hope or not, at least customer service is up and checking each case when they come in.

You guys sound WAY too harsh for a game you play a lot.
O_o
Or maybe I'm just too laid back 'n easy going. And too much of a Sega fanboy.

{[EDIT]
OMG! Topic totally derailed from page 2 onward?!
Anyways. It's time to take a deep breathe, walk away, and start playing PSU again. Enough time on this dumb side track.

You guys are acting like the mindless citizens from 1984 with their daily 2 minute hate sessions. And are scare'n me with it. We're better than that, right brother 'n sisters?
http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-dict.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-07-20 09:54 ]</font>

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 12:05 PM
No actually, we simply get a kick out of of making fun of others blatant disregard for basic intelligence.

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-07-20 10:05, Niered wrote:
No actually, we simply get a kick out of of making fun of others blatant disregard for basic intelligence.

This is true.

Gryffin
Jul 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
'Ryuk_0'..... I may be onto something....

K is the 11th letter in the alphabet, and look at the underscore being the 11th digit in the number row... Add 1 and 1, divde by two, for wanting to remove the K and the underscore, and you discover the truth!

RYU 20 IS RYUK!!!!!

[spoiler]Hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/spoilet]

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-07-20 10:14, Gryffin wrote:
'Ryuk_0'..... I may be onto something....

K is the 11th letter in the alphabet, and look at the underscore being the 11th digit in the number row... Add 1 and 1, divde by two, for wanting to remove the K and the underscore, and you discover the truth!

RYU 20 IS RYUK!!!!!

[spoiler]Hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/spoilet]

lol.. wtf.? haha-

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 12:24 PM
Nah, ryuk's just a dumbass 12 year old who found out that griefing gives him pleasure, much like a kid with a magnifying glass and an anthill.

Ryu20 is...well...we dont KNOW what ryu20 is. Government operative? Primitive alien contact? The Loch Ness monster? None may ever know...

We do hope though that hes not this godamned stupid at the very least.

RappyRobot
Jul 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-07-19 22:18, PJ wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to think everyones just wasting time here. But PSOW has been serious business for a long time, so...

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck about hacking in PSU anymore. And I really don't care if items do get restored or not, I didn't lose anything. Nor did any of my friends.

THEN Y ARE PPL STILL HACKIG IT!!!!!

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 20, 2007, 04:10 PM
this is the funniest thread ever.

It's really Ryuk, if you knew him, and knew the other account's he's had on PSOW, he uses horrible grammar purposefully to get on people's nerves, but he actually talks perfectly otherwise. He loves annoying/pissing people off, but let's be honest, we all do sometimes.

And saying he's a loser with no life and that's why he hacks? Honestly, most of the hackers I knew hacked because they DIDN'T have the time to waste to hunt down items. They have LESS time on their hands. Who is more pathetic, the guy who plays for 15 hours a day to get 1 item, or the guy that spends 15 minutes hacking to get the item? Who has more time to waste on a game? And before you go on saying I'm a loser who has no life and plays too much or live at home with my parents.... I've been home about a month, and it's the least I've played in the entire time PSU has been out. I play LESS when I'm at home too.

Psu is all about wasting time anyways, so mocking other people for how they chose to waste their time, is just absurd

oh and about the items, you may get them back, but who really lost something significant that they worked hard for? Honestly, people are complaining about Decos which mean nothing, or something like a Crea Doubles which you prolly didn't even get yourself. Get over it, it's a game, just play to have fun with friends.

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
It's rather difficult to have fun when something you work hard on is lost.

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
Niered Why aren't you a comedian! XD

Serephim
Jul 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:05, Crono114 wrote:

-_-

In the event that World of Warcraft had this problem, Blizzard even wouldn't have restored your items most likely. They have more people, but the audience of people who got screwed over would have been much bigger.

Sega sucks, sure, but find a good reason to link it to why they do before you say crap like that. I can see complaining about alot of things in this game, but this is one of those things that usually just does NOT happen in MMORPGs.

They wouldn't email you back a lie. They aren't that stupid.

EDIT:

@ Jackel

Don't try to justify malicious hacking. They dont have a life. The hackers who want to play the game hack to get what they want and perhaps play with it/show off. Hackers who have nothing to do but fuck with people need to get laid. Nothing wrong with playing a game if its fun. But doing things to people that you KNOW will piss them the fuck off just because they can get away with it (and thats the only reason why they still do it. I sware to GOD if i ever come in contact with a hacker that's messed with something that affected me im going to beat their ass.) means you have less of a life than anyone who plays the game. Put your hacking skills to good use and hack something beneficial to us or yourself.

EDIT AGAIN:

And you people underestimate Sega's budget. They aren't poor. If everyone who got hacked had left after they said they wernt restoring the items they would get over it pretty quickly.

Hell, if 50% of the Ps2 population left it wouldn't hurt them too badly. 360 and Japan servers pay off for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-20 14:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-20 15:04 ]</font>

Forumchibi
Jul 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-07-20 14:10, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Who is more pathetic, the guy who plays for 15 hours a day to get 1 item, or the guy that spends 15 minutes hacking to get the item?

oh and about the items, you may get them back, but who really lost something significant that they worked hard for? Get over it, it's a game, just play to have fun with friends.

The difference is that the guy who played for 15 hours for the one item didn't have to screw over a hundred other people to get it. It's fine if it's personal and I don't care if someone hacks or buys from eBay or whatever, but not when other people have to suffer for it, like it's one thing to buy firearms for self-defense, it's another to use them on people for pure entertainment.

And no, most of the items lost were not of any significance, but having their PMs reset to zero is pushing it IMO. There may be a lot of hacked meseta and items out there, but why did the people who didn't have those have to get dragged down too?

And I have no friends in the game, they all keep quitting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zael
Jul 20, 2007, 05:12 PM
I agree. Anyone who hacks at the expense of innocent people is pathetic and should die in a fire.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
lol
it all comes back to the fact that he messed with people?
I'm sorry but of any game I've ever played, this community has to be the worst. People are completely mean to each other left and right. This community on PSOW is harsh to one another. I've been kicked from a party for TALKING. What type of online game doesn't want people talking? Why play online if you don't really want to interact with people. I'm not saying everyone in this game is bad, but the general feel is like that. I say a lot of people deserved to have something happen to them, but it doesn't mean everyone who got hit deserved it. It happens, innocent casualties.

All I'm saying, is if people didn't give him a reason to do it, he wouldn't have. Simple as that.

THE JACKEL

Serephim
Jul 20, 2007, 05:15 PM
I have no problem with normal hackers, but whatever faggot was running around Zeroing pms needs to get pistol whipped.

Hard. In the face.

Edit:

LOL @ JACKEL

If you think this game's community is bad then just about every other MMO on the planet must be unplayable for you.

Maybe its just you? This game has the best community ive ever played in. Its tons more interactive. Every game has its share of retards to dodge, and out of all the rude noobs ive destroyed in every MMO ive ever played, this game really doesnt have any. Forums or in-game.

Only annoyance i get in this community is contact with someone who's steadily playing the game and bitching about how pso was "so much better".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-20 15:18 ]</font>

Zael
Jul 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Well well well... looks like we have an ass-kisser here. Trying to justify innocent casualties? And even worse, thinking it's okay for hackers to "put those people in their place"?

I'm not surprised people don't like you.

Forumchibi
Jul 20, 2007, 05:19 PM
I have never had that kind of experience personally.

I go on that Neudaiz mission all the time - I see a lot of naive players, or a few annoying ones, but maybe only one or two rude ones. Maybe it's because I'm not high enough to do elite missions.

And there's no reason to this, you don't have innocent casualties if there's a reason. If the intent was to teach people a lesson, you would do it against certain individuals, not randomly target stores.

So people overcharge for items - guess what, it's because of hackers like him that those things happen in the first place, so don't blame the rest of us. Items are expensive on PC/PS2 because if hackers spread million mesetas and everyone was still charging X-Box prices, then they would own the whole freaking market. Players try to conform to the hackers' interference since Sega obviously wasn't doing anything to solve it, and then get burned for it, WTF?

And the people who are up to their ears in S-rank items and millions of meseta - they don't even care that they got hit. So they lost a Crea Doubles, they'll buy another, it's like pocket change. Meanwhile the rest of us, I for one was not even around when the hacked meseta was abundant, we're the ones ranting and flaming on the forums because we don't have anything to fall back on. Yeah, some lesson.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forumchibi on 2007-07-20 15:24 ]</font>

Serephim
Jul 20, 2007, 05:22 PM
You cant put logic into defending assholes.

Bout it. Their motives are on par with those of a psychotic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-20 15:23 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
lol people don't like me because they don't know me, and I'm not kissing anyone's ass.
People need to grow up, it's just an online game. I like to have fun, joke around, PLAY WITH FRIENDS.

Isn't that the real purpose of the game afterall, to play with people online. It's nice to have stuff like rares, but I'd much rather have friends. I've given my friends my rares to get them to stay and play more with me, because I'd much rather have them than rares.

I'm not justifying innocent casualties, it's unfortunate. But some people need to friggin relax and learn it's just a game.

And honestly, I don't care if the general population likes me. I have friends I can play with that enjoy playing with me. You got a problem with me I don't care. I'm sure plenty of people do. I just have fun, I don't care about any of the crap people hold so highly on these damn boards. I try and help people that need help, and give my opinions on things. Disagree, again I don't care. That's why it's called an opinion.
And honestly, your little personal attack there was completely unnecessary. It has nothing to do with anything, and really more than anything else, puts yourself in a weaker position. You didn't even argue anything.

THE JACKEL

Mayu
Jul 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
I guess this is suitable <.<

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/Ryuugu-Rena/ComicStriplol.png

Zael
Jul 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
It's just a game etc.

A common excuse among people who have no regards for others. Weak.

Mayu
Jul 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
It may be a game -_-

But to piss someone off by destroying maybe everything they worked for

When the person has done nothing to you

Is ... -_- retarded <.<

Zael
Jul 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
Exactly. It may just be a simple game, but the people behind those avatars are real.

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-07-19 21:29, Ryuk_0 wrote:
lmao i live in my apt. soon to be married and im 20 u think just because some one got bored and hacked a game just for the fun of it makes me a loser like u and ur family no mofo , i just like seeing ppl get hurt u should meet me in real life im an ashole u will like to fight me but the fact is u cant beat me so stfu cause ur just mad u coudnt do something like that

Read your own posts much? Your posts make you a loser. You dont need anyone else to do it for you.

Forumchibi
Jul 20, 2007, 05:33 PM
It must be nice having friends... it must be nice having a level 80 to go on S and S2 missions all the time... it's gotta be a lot better than being stuck doing Neudaiz missions at level 43 for days on end and then getting hacked and being stuck with a single A-rank rifle, some cheap handguns, and no money...

Hack the game so that all the good rares drop in the lower-mid level missions and some of us can catch up, then I'll be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mayu
Jul 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
-_- I mean

You could just at least ADD CLOTHES with hacking

to impress us <.<

Not destroying people's PM's

Nor stealing there stuff hahahhaa and writing in there shop ''You're a loser you got hacked''

-_-

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
Karma. Good thing I believe in it.

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-07-20 15:35, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
-_- I mean

You could just at least ADD CLOTHES with hacking

to impress us <.<

Not destroying people's PM's

Nor stealing there stuff hahahhaa and writing in there shop ''You're a loser you got hacked''

-_-

A tip of the feathered hat to Robin Hood. That would actually be pretty cool and more of a living legacy imho, but the concept is beyond those that do these sorts of things.

Its sad SEGA still lets these kinds of things happen. Through all the PSO versions up until now I can think of few online games handled worse from a security standpoint. They had all of the user and platform tests needed to know not to place GG on PSU and the need to go for something better, yet, here we are. They'll never learn, and its too bad really.

Arietta
Jul 20, 2007, 05:46 PM
lmfao you guys are still freaking out about this? lol what a pathitc bunch, seriously even my 8 year old sister knows when to call it quits.

sheesh

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
And yet again someone else puts their two cents in.

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-07-20 15:46, Arietta wrote:
lmfao you guys are still freaking out about this? lol what a pathitc bunch, seriously even my 8 year old sister knows when to call it quits.

sheesh

Uh huh. Pot calling the kettle black, huh? The game has security holes a drunk blindfolded senior citizen could drive a semi through. Its worth noting that its been this way since the very first days of PSO. SEGA deserves every bit of criticism they can get and can hear when something like this happens since they are the idiots that ignored 5+ years of experience with PSO on multiple platforms to release PSU with the same security system.

And I dont know who you are referring to freaking out about it. I quit long, long ago after writing many letters to SEGA when I was playing PSU in an unsuccessful attempt to get them to pay attention back when the **** started to hit the fan. I just drop in once and a while to see if they've fixed things because I actually *liked* the game and occasionally think I might return. But no. Obviously they are just as incompetent as ever.

Zael
Jul 20, 2007, 05:54 PM
Oh, the irony.

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
If all people want to do is complain and moan on what Sonic Team is doing wrong. Then leave and go play something else. Obviously most who play right now are pretty content on PSU. Sure things can be better. But if Sonic Team really didn't care about the community they wouldn't have even bothered to send out an e-mail regarding the hacking.

We have all little gripes. but don't act like your the only one. This hurts the comunity in whole. At least Sonic Team is trying. And I tip my hat off to them for it.

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:07, ShinAnt wrote:
If all people want to do is complain and moan on what Sonic Team is doing wrong. Then leave and go play something else.

I did. Like I said, I sometimes come back to the forums to see if security got squared away, since I played PSO for years and actually liked PSU. We're in a topic specifically about a security-related incident, so we're free to express our opinions on it here. I dont stray off topic in other topics. I simply find it shameful in a pay to play game with so many years experience now that SEGA is still letting these kinds of thing go on. No more. No less.

On 2007-07-20 15:54, Zael wrote:
Oh, the irony.

Lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Well it would be, if I defined myself as freaking out. Just dropped in to see if these kinds of things had gone away and posted a few of my thoughts on it. *shrugs*

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 06:23 PM
In no means was my post directed toward any individual. When people say. " Oh well it's not like PSO." Or "PSO was waaaay better." Is there really a need for it. I'm just stating my opinion on it thats all.

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
And In Sega's defense. It hard to keep a somewhat big community happy all the time.
I hope this problem gets resolved for all can go back on hating Parum. Xd

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:23, ShinAnt wrote:
In no means was my post directed toward any individual. When people say. " Oh well it's not like PSO." Or "PSO was waaaay better." Is there really a need for it. I'm just stating my opinion on it thats all.

Yup. I just reacted to [paraphrasing] "go play something else" since it did seem directed my way, but no worries. I just get annoyed at the dont rock the boat, dont criticize or point out any flaws, munch on the same grass as everyone else sort of stance common on forums. SEGA by all rights should be on top of this kind of thing, and should have been long ago. I played through it on all iterations of PSO, listened to promises while waiting for PSU, and then played through it in PSU until I could no longer.

On 2007-07-20 16:25, ShinAnt wrote:
I hope this problem gets resolved for all can go back on hating Parum. Xd

Haha, yes. Wise words indeed.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
know what the real problem is? Gameguard.... of all the online games I've played, gameguard ones get hacked the most frequently. Not even joking.

THE JACKEL

ShinAnt
Jul 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
I hear that alot actually.

Helly
Jul 20, 2007, 06:50 PM
Not to like backseat mod or anything but is there some special reason this Ryuk guys account here hasn't been nuked o.o? It seems in bad taste ta leave him be and could like ya know maybe reflect poorly on PSOW. He didn't contribute to the game in a good way and here all he's doing is inciting like flames and stuff.

PMB960
Jul 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
The one thing I don't like is when people say "Oh well WoW has this" or "There is no hacking in WoW" like WoW is some magical game where there is no hacking and everyone who plays it is happy about every part of it. Honestly PSU isn't any different from any other ORPG. Yes there is hacking etc. but stuff like this happens in every other game regardless of security measures. And yes the game needs improvements but there is no game every made that has nothing that could possibly improved about it. Why can't you just thank ST when they attempt to do something about a problem? There was a hacking incident and they said they would try and replace or compensate everyone who had stuff stolen. Very very very few other companies would even think of doing that. And its pointless to say they should have had this fixed before. How can you fix a glitch that you don't know is there? Someone exploited it and now they are patching it to make sure it can't happen again. Thats about all you can do. There is no way to prevent any hacks from happening ever. You just have to deal with problems as they arise. ST is showing that they are trying to crack down on this stuff. The problem was handled rather quickly with e-mails being sent out to those who had problems the following day. I just don't understand what else you could expect from them.

Remedy
Jul 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-07-19 18:19, Zorafim wrote:
They... acknowledged us?

But not the people that had it happen months ago (like me). Awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
I didn't read all of that.. but.. hey.. this was supposed to be a topic of how stuff was going to be restored-> Why don't you got back to talking.. you know.. about the topic? I -still- think they wont. But. I want to know, how many of you believe they are? I don't say this to be a dick. I never said "I KNOW THEY AREN'T GOING TO" but, let's be real here. It' SegaTeam.. Anyways as I just said-> How many of you believe they will fix stuff? Even if it takes a while?

AeraLure
Jul 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-07-20 18:00, PMB960 wrote:I just don't understand what else you could expect from them.

How about learning from past mistakes for starters? Maybe avoiding Gameguard and investing in something better? SEGA as a company does not learn and doesnt respond to things very well. I remember all the promises that PSU was taking steps beyond PSO so we wouldnt end up there again. The kinds of problems we see in PSU I do not see in other online games. Not to this degree. When something happens, so much time goes by, if they address it at all.

The e-mail from SEGA was nice. A change maybe? They used to try and brush it under the rug but here at least they come out and apologize and are fairly prompt about it. It doesnt say much though, since they cant compensate lost items or PMs and really have no way to patch the security holes in GG afterall. I feel so bad for them, but they bring it on themselves to no end.

Glad you still carry the torch for SEGA though. I did for years and years on end.

aquafire
Jul 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
this topic is still going eh....>_> <_<

juno-6
Jul 20, 2007, 09:41 PM
dammit. we must find Juan before this Jake guy gets too powerful...

Crono114
Jul 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-07-20 19:41, juno-6 wrote:
dammit. we must find Juan before this Jake guy gets too powerful...

Lmfao. Dude, that was awesome.

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 10:43 PM
I never said this was a topic focused on getting items back, the e-mail clearly states we may never get our items back. It was just nice to get an e-mail from Sega following up on anything! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That was all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I never asked the mods to close even when it became heated this was because of how many ways it was interpreted and what you guys feel is worth fighting for.

Ranting and venting frustration is also the great pasttime of humanity, baseball is up in the list because it involves the swinging of melee objects. Complain to anyone who will listen, take a breath, and then go on with life, I do it all the time myself. That's why pretty much everyone who is here will still continue to play the game even after they've argued their piece. Some people obviously needed to get things off their chest, some still do, so I suppose this was a good a place as any.

PMB960
Jul 20, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-07-20 19:01, AeraLure wrote

How about learning from past mistakes for starters? Maybe avoiding Gameguard and investing in something better? SEGA as a company does not learn and doesnt respond to things very well. I remember all the promises that PSU was taking steps beyond PSO so we wouldnt end up there again. The kinds of problems we see in PSU I do not see in other online games. Not to this degree. When something happens, so much time goes by, if they address it at all.

The e-mail from SEGA was nice. A change maybe? They used to try and brush it under the rug but here at least they come out and apologize and are fairly prompt about it. It doesnt say much though, since they cant compensate lost items or PMs and really have no way to patch the security holes in GG afterall. I feel so bad for them, but they bring it on themselves to no end.

Glad you still carry the torch for SEGA though. I did for years and years on end.

Other online games do have the exact same problems as PSU. The difference being that PSU doesn't have the same user base as those other games. Take WoW. When 1000 hell even 10000 people have items taken do you think you would hear about it? 9 million people play that game, so I mean whats a couple thousand people to them? Those other games have far far far more serious problems too, beyond what you could possibly imagine.

As for investing in something better than GG? The Phantasy Star series isn't exactly popular in the US and Europe. For the companies perspective is it better to put the money in a game you know will generate lots of money or something that might? Sega isn't Microsoft. Who knows how expensive it is to get these security solutions for these games.

I really do think they will refund the items or compensate people in some way. The guy stole room decos, meseta, and 0 bombed PMs. People asking for Crea Doubles and P-wands(which weren't out then) will obviously be refused. Sega obviously doesn't want the series to die entirely which could very well happen if they continued to ignore these problems so yeah they have to do SOMETHING about it.

ST did fix problems from PSO too. Remeber having your charater corrupted and restarting from level 1? Remeber getting FSOD and losing all unequiped items? That kind of stuff really isn't possible anymore. So yeah I would say that is a gigantic improvement over PSO.

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 10:54 PM
The difference between this and most other games is that PSU generally doesn't even acknowledge the problems, whereas in most games a GM will at least eventually get back to you. That's why this was actually quite a surprise...
*singing* Time to check my e-maillll... e-mailll... e-ma-whoa, holy cow, there's a new update from Sega??? This is like, rarer than the Frying Pan and the Sonic Decoration! * saves three copies and prints out five more while singing the 'Saving and Printing' song *

Okay, it didn't go quite like that, my printer is broken. But I personally think it was worthwhile to note that Sega actually did write again instead of quickly sweeping it under the rug. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PJ
Jul 20, 2007, 10:56 PM
On 2007-07-20 20:48, PMB960 wrote:
Remeber having your charater corrupted and restarting from level 1? Remeber getting FSOD and losing all unequiped items?

Nobody remembers that shit, because they want to keep PSO in their minds as the greatest invention to ever grace their presence.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 21, 2007, 09:50 AM
On 2007-07-19 21:22, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

we may have to compensate you

That means that they will go to you one by one, asking which items/meseta/etc. did you lose and they will eventually restore them during a maintenance. It will take longer, but at least you will get something back in return, eventually

The obvious loophole, which was pointed out: ask for stuff you never had. They could give you a limited amount of items, so you get something back for your troubles. I'm an honest guy but this is a game, so I'll take the items, but I won't abuse it.

@Jackel--- I'd find your claims about losing an item more believable if you weren't in possession of multiple S-ranks -__-

@Thread--- Also, I dislike hackers but most hackers do have lives, contrary to popular belief. Hell, I used to hack on Counterstrike. I was one o' dem scrip kiddies. But I stopped after a short time of doing it. Problem is, you're ruining the game for real people on the other end. It's not fair. Having fun is good and all but you shouldn't be taking it away from others. Hack all you want, do it all any time, as long as you want, rain, sunshine, Hell, freakin' wank as you do it for all I care but don't ruin our play experience because you "just wanna have fun" or whatever justification you can spew out.

@Sega--- They should be doing a way better job on this game, they've had countless experiences in PSO. At least they're trying, enough people still play the game and their doing little things like this. I say little because they may not restore you items at all. But they said they'd compensate, maybe a server-gift is in store, who knows?

PS--- What am I doing in PSU General?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-07-21 07:50, Sgt_Shligger:
The obvious loophole, which was pointed out: ask for stuff you never had. They could give you a limited amount of items, so you get something back for your troubles. I'm an honest guy but this is a game, so I'll take the items, but I won't abuse it.

They're scanning data to see if you indeed had the items.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 21, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-21 09:28, Almighty_Envy wrote:

On 2007-07-21 07:50, Sgt_Shligger:

They're scanning data to see if you indeed had the items.

Ah, that works too though I don't gain anything.

Crono114
Jul 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
They can't scan the data to see if you had it, sega never had that ability, they "MIGHT'VE" Just added this update that passed due to what happened, but it's never been there before. Otherwise they would've known who started out making unreleased S ranks from the start and would've only banned me and a few others. But hell, I wasn't even banned when the others were.

imfanboy
Jul 24, 2007, 06:41 AM
I dunno; they nailed an acquaintance of mine for cheating about, oh, 3 months ago chrono. Said they had log data proving he'd used a CE in the past. What really stinks (at least for my friend) is that he was holding on to a friend's purely legit Halarod, won fair and square from Onmagoug's clutches (back when that was the only way to get one, aside from cheat).

Long story short, it seems that sometime about the beginning of May they added a whole set of controls to their ops, and started using them to track down the cheaters who WEREN'T dumb enough to walk around with full palattes of De Ragan Slayers or Ryukars or whatever weapons were cool enough to suck up to cheaters for. From what I can tell, they swept up quite a few people at that time who probably weren't cautious enough to cheat on a secondary account, and then transfer the items to their main account...

I'm assuming you do that, Chrono. The example of your Greed account recently shows that you're certainly not dumb enough to risk your main. Seems they're adding some controls to make sure that they can keep track of who the cheating character interacts with, as well...

Crono114
Jul 24, 2007, 09:58 PM
It wasn't my account, that Greed one, 2ndly. I never had a 2ndary account Until prob about April. or so. I only wanted to play around publicly, so Ryuk lent me it to mess with hacks publicly. However, it does seem Sega can see which accounts have been used by a IP/MAC address. That's why when I had been on Ryuk's account, it also banned my 2nd account. (And another account I had been on, my friend's) because they had all been on my MAC/IP address. Anyways.. that's been taken care of. But I can guarantee you, they cannot check how or when you got your items.

Wallin
Jul 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
Saw this interesting post on the official PSU forums by Chillaura under Announcements:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=37412

This is not an update. Sega is still in the process of verifying the logs for recently reported "my room" hacks on the PC/PS2 servers. If you have received an email response or update from Sega Support, your account is being checked. If you tried to contact Sega and have received no response please use the link below to resend a report of any unauthorized tampering with the the contents of your room for verification. Please remember to include your account name or partner card id number in the "Gamer Tag or Game ID" field in the support form.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

Vashyron
Jul 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
I got a reply but this is what I got......

We are sorry about your hacked store. I can verify that you were hacked
by greed, and we should be able to compensate you soon. We have banned
greed and the accounts that helped him, and are working to close the
security holes they exploited. Please be patient, we will email you soon
with a solution to your missing item issue.

-Jake
Sega Support

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
Whoa, when did you get that e-mail? I don't know why, but I think it's cool they actually decided to confirm the fact that greed stole stuff from you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vashyron
Jul 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
I got that yesterday when I sent another report.

Superguppie
Jul 27, 2007, 06:57 AM
Ryuk_0 wrote:
all of u that flame are mad over a game that just makes u sad

It's not the game that makes us sad, it's you...

Niered wrote:

QFT

ShinAnt wrote:
Niered Why aren't you a comedian! XD

Who said he isn't?

Serephim wrote:
But doing things to people that you KNOW will piss them the fuck off just because they can get away with it

Yup. Power corrupts. And it's even more sad that he does it only when he won't have a cop come up to him to put him away with the other sociopats.

THE JACKEL wrote:
All I'm saying, is if people didn't give him a reason to do it, he wouldn't have. Simple as that.

And what reason do I give him playing the game nicely and quietly in a corner of the servers, minding my own business? The main reason he has is that when he hits me I cry out in pain. The only way to avoid that is to NOT play the game. And that would with high likelyhood leave me going insane.
Maybe I should do what he (and others) do: Hunt down some innocent victim for the sheer pleasure of having some fun on his head. Not that it is likely I actualy find mutilation fun to do. But maybe that would get my point across.

Zael wrote:
It's just a game etc.

A common excuse among people who have no regards for others. Weak.

QFT. But the people who use that argument are too far gone to see that anyway.
It's just a game = It's for people to have fun, and ruining that fun is even more silly than that fun.

AeraLure wrote:
Read your own posts much? Your posts make you a loser. You dont need anyone else to do it for you.

QFT. Although people who write like that are to stupid to understand.

AeraLure wrote:
Its sad SEGA still lets these kinds of things happen. Through all the PSO versions up until now I can think of few online games handled worse from a security standpoint. They had all of the user and platform tests needed to know not to place GG on PSU and the need to go for something better, yet, here we are. They'll never learn, and its too bad really.

I may not be an expert on it, but as far as I am concerned getting specialists to put in security after getting it wrong as badly as they did on PSO does look like they are learning. Anyone know of a better game-security expert/product?

AeraLure wrote:
Obviously they are just as incompetent as ever.

AeraLure wrote:
know what the real problem is? Gameguard.... of all the online games I've played, gameguard ones get hacked the most frequently. Not even joking.
And you can do it better? What's keeping you?

The age/maturity discussion: I know a 14 year old who is mature enough to play with most adults, and a 40 year old who still gets his kicks burning ants. I think the wannabe 20-year-old-groom would be heading in the same direction as that last guy.

I think the problem with returning items is not that they are unable to put stuff in inventory. The main thing may be it is impossible to see what any of the players had prior to loosing stuff. Although Sega wants to get people their stuff back, anyone could say he/she/it had a load of s-ranks. I hope ST learns to log things better so it will be easier on the next occasion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2007-07-27 08:41 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Aug 1, 2007, 12:06 PM
Man. I missed all the good stuff. Shoot. This was getting good.
Ah well, might as well move on past the flaming, and add in this:
This isnt the first time people have hacked into games. People are acting like it is the end of the world because of this.
Lets face it, Sega most likely won't do anything. Not like we expected them too.
Anywaaaay, i think its pretty sad that people are defending a hacker, no matter how "badass" he seems. Christ people can you do anything yourself?

THE DIKKYRAY

Almighty_Envy
Aug 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-07-24 19:58, Crono114 wrote:
But I can guarantee you, they cannot check how or when you got your items.

How do you explain your own log's then?

I highly doubt ST isnt able to check.

Unless you work for ST there is no way to prove or deny the fact that they cant.

DikkyRay
Aug 1, 2007, 01:11 PM
ST can documnt everything you pick up, say, or mail.
call me crazy, i think there is something that document trades.
So itknows if you pick up (insert S rank) or traded for it.

Superguppie
Aug 7, 2007, 11:57 AM
It may be possible to make logging of item drops, trades and what not. Doesn't mean they actualy did make that. Also, if they did, it may be so much it's hard to actualy find out anything, really. I know from experience making, keeping and analyzing logs is not an easy task. My main comment to them saying they can't would be to start working on it so they can. Won't help the people who already lost stuff.

Saigan
Aug 8, 2007, 02:15 AM
They can and do document- it's how they catch RMTs.

Wallin
Aug 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
They've been quiet for some time now though, so who knows if they're still working or if they just hoped that everyone would forget about it.