PDA

View Full Version : STOP LOCKING THE F**KING KB THREADS!!!

googles
Dec 22, 2002, 12:03 AM
if i want to reply to a CERTAIN thread on the keyboards i cant because you want everyone to make a huge ass confusing 100 page thread. Who the F**** wants to spend 2 HOURS browsing 1 THREAD?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

eRUPT
Dec 22, 2002, 12:14 AM
What? You simple goto the last page in the thread, Please don't tell me you view the whole entire thread from start to finish everytime there's a new post. And yes that thread is stickied in general for a reason and thats to NOT have 50 keyboard threads.

ABDUR101
Dec 22, 2002, 02:45 AM
We would'nt need one massive keyboard thread if everyone knew how to reply to the correct keyboard threads in the first place.

There were once 3-4 keyboard threads on the first page in General just because it was easier to post a new topic than look for a topic that may already exist in the recent history.

I for one thought we were doing everyone a favor by stickying a keyboard thread to the top and keeping the info organized in a single thread for anyone who wanted it instead of making people look back through multiple pages of threads just to find that one thread that had that one post which contained that one paragraph which contained that one thing that they thought they read.

Nawms
Dec 22, 2002, 04:32 PM
I think threads should be locked unless there in the fresh kills landfill. If you post there nothing should happen.

Ness
Dec 23, 2002, 05:02 PM
I agree with Nawns. There have been way too many threads being locked. I can see you locking them for flaming, but sometimes you lock them up for stupid reasons.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36100&forum=14&8

It's the link to my thread in fresh kills. You mods usually give a good reason why you lock something up, but Abdur did not.

ok, that was alittle un-needed ness. If you were going for humor, you missed your mark by quite a distance. =

Even though you aren't being serious, you are most likely offending alot of people who read this.

So to stop the offensiveness and any possible flames, I'm just going to lock this thread.

*lock*

I mean come on what kind of reason is that? If these people are dumb enough to take this seriously are becomer depressed about then they are too stupid to come here. I bet 99.5% of the people knew I was joking.

Possible flames?
What kind of reason is that? It's just like a cop shooting a man whose reaching for his driver's liscence on the justification of probable cause.
Every thread has the possibility for flaming. In fact, there have been several threads made by me and other users that have not been locked up that actually had flaming. Yet my thread had no flaming and you lock it up. And even if it did have flaming, you could just give us a warning and besides it's no different then anything I get in Off-Topic.

Abdur, you are a good mod, but make sure you know what you're doing before you lock up a thread. Your mistake cost me a thread.

ABDUR101
Dec 23, 2002, 05:47 PM
hehe, funny. Well if my reason wasn't "good enough" thats too bad. = That's the reason it was locked, whether you agreed with it or not.

/short reply

Why be so difficult? Was that spam thread so important? Do you even understand the idea of why it possibly being highly offensive to someone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-23 16:24 ]</font>

Ness
Dec 24, 2002, 09:29 AM
On 2002-12-23 14:47, ABDUR101 wrote:
Why be so difficult? Was that spam thread so important? Do you even understand the idea of why it possibly being highly offensive to someone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-23 16:24 ]</font>

You can tell me why if you want to, but that isn't what matters to me. It's the fact that no one seemed to be offended by it and if anyone was then they didn't speak out and that's their problem. If enough people were to tell me they were offended, then I would have editied my post without a fight.

But, you had to come along and lock it just because you thoughtthat people may possibly be offended. There is no factual evidence on why you locked it, just a bunch of subjective opinions and possiblities.

To answer your queastion earlier, it's not the fact that the thread was locked, it's why. It goes back to what I've been saying, the mods are still too subjective. It's gotten better, but it's still there.

Nawms
Dec 24, 2002, 09:54 AM
That was THE funniest post I have seen in my opinion by a longshot. You threw the body in the road. And you told your friends and got mixed reactions. lol.
Im really crackin up.

Im mean just the first statement made me explode with laughter.
No Im not a sick person and the post about it was the girl next to you was a little unneeded. But still it shouldnt have been locked. Cmon Abdur, it was already in the fress kills section. It is fresh kill, why lock it?

Ness
Dec 24, 2002, 08:04 PM
On 2002-12-24 06:54, Nawms wrote:
That was THE funniest post I have seen in my opinion by a longshot. You threw the body in the road. And you told your friends and got mixed reactions. lol.
Im really crackin up.

Im mean just the first statement made me explode with laughter.
No Im not a sick person and the post about it was the girl next to you was a little unneeded. But still it shouldnt have been locked. Cmon Abdur, it was already in the fress kills section. It is fresh kill, why lock it?

And like I said earlier, if enough people said that they wanted that part taken out then I would have done it without a fight or if it hurt Abdur so bad, he could have edited it himself.

Balthor
Dec 25, 2002, 08:22 AM
So many. . . I don't even have the words to express what I see here.

People need to take more Prozac.

ABDUR101
Dec 25, 2002, 07:01 PM
My mistake then on that thread. I saw Nawms post in it and thought "yeah, here it starts". Thus why I locked it and gave the reason stated, I did'nt want the thread to keep going and have it snowball. I honestly thought Nawm was offended, so I thought I'd catch it before any harshness insued.(If one person is offended, it's a safe bet that there are others offended as well)

Since no one was offended then, I'll unlock it. I apologize for taking the initiative on it, but understand that thats part of the job I do.

Ness
Dec 25, 2002, 09:14 PM
On 2002-12-25 16:01, ABDUR101 wrote:
My mistake then on that thread. I saw Nawms post in it and thought "yeah, here it starts". Thus why I locked it and gave the reason stated, I did'nt want the thread to keep going and have it snowball. I honestly thought Nawm was offended, so I thought I'd catch it before any harshness insued.(If one person is offended, it's a safe bet that there are others offended as well)

Since no one was offended then, I'll unlock it. I apologize for taking the initiative on it, but understand that thats part of the job I do.

Ah don't worry about it I see that you've learned from your mistake and that's all I wanted in the end. The thread is dead so don't bother unlocking it. Please spread the lesson that I worked so hard to teach you.

ABDUR101
Dec 25, 2002, 09:23 PM
On 2002-12-25 18:14, Ness wrote:
Ah don't worry about it I see that you've learned from your mistake and that's all I wanted in the end. The thread is dead so don't bother unlocking it. Please spread the lesson that I worked so hard to teach you.

You taught me nothing that I did'nt already know. o_O

But enjoy your thread, I already unlocked it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-25 18:25 ]</font>