PDA

View Full Version : Help with 360 repair

jayster
Jul 22, 2007, 07:40 AM
Can someone help me real quick and tell me what I do to send my xbox360 in for repair. I would appreciate it, thanks.

Sinue_v2
Jul 22, 2007, 08:14 AM
Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Get through to an operator, and they'll talk you through the rest of the process. Box ships out 3-Day mail, so if you call them up Monday, you should be able to get your 360 to the service center by Saturday. Will take 2-3 weeks for repair. Perhaps longer, since they're pretty backlogged right now.

MS pays for shipping, there's a shipping label included in the box. Though you might want to secure it with your own tape. That "Pressure Sensitive" tape they send you is worthless. I wouldn't trust it.

jayster
Jul 22, 2007, 08:27 AM
ty! the help is appreciated, I'll get on calling them right away. Hopefully I can get my 360 back before the cod4 beta!

Midicronica
Jul 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
I don't know when the COD4 beta starts, but the repair center received my 360 on the 15th of July and sent me an e-mail stating that it would take 4-6 weeks before I got my 360 back.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
Just be sure to do what I did, they'll take a whole month to send the shipping box for you, so call 6 times over a period of time, and write a complaint letter to Microsoft's Vice President. The woman who fixed my Xbox 360 compensated by giving me 6,000 Microsoft Points and 3 free months of Xbox Live.

McLaughlin
Jul 22, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, if you don't get your box after three or four days, call in again. With the extended warranty announcement though, don't expect to get it back quickly.

NPCMook
Jul 22, 2007, 06:17 PM
For Future Reference as soon as the "Cool guy" starts speaking just say Agent

jayster
Jul 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
Well I thought my 360 was doomed because it kept getting the 3 flashing red lights. So I call up xbox help and I listen through this automated msg on troubleshooting before you can connect to an agent to get your repair box.

So I'm sitting there waiting, and I decide to try the troubleshooting where you take out your harddrive. Well I take it out and there's a bunch of dust and stuff that's collected on the inside so I clean it up some and blow onto the part of the 360 that the harddrive goes in and a HUGE PUFF of dust went flying out.

And now it works http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyone else have success with the troubleshooting tips?

ABDUR101
Jul 23, 2007, 02:23 PM
Alot of the "tips" are basic knowledge and routine maintenance on computer tech stuffs. Much akin to cleaning the lint out of your dryer so it doesn't catch fire, and the dust from your AC unit.

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I make it a point to make sure my systems are cleaned at least every 6 months. I probably won't bother cleaning the 360 thoroughly until the warantee expires tho. Otherwise, I crack em and clean em. Just got done cleaning my PS2 this morning actually. There was some strange yellowish buildup on the tracks the laser head moves on - so I cleaned up up with some alcohol and then applied a little metal lubrication - and it works like a charm. Runs quieter too.