PDA

View Full Version : Ad Scripts messing up Firefox?

Para
Jul 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
I noticed lately there has been some ad scripts that might be screwing with firefox causing it to not load pages properly.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

McLaughlin
Jul 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
Not really. I time out while loading pages sometimes, but Refreshing usually solves the problem.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jul 22, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ads? What ads? =~.^=

Almighty_Envy
Jul 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
I sometimes get white or black boxes on my screen that disappear if i scroll down or refresh...

Ryna
Jul 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
I've been refreshing the page several times at certain intervals over the last day. I haven't encountered any problematic ads yet.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
I would take a screenie but it doesnt show up on screenies.

Its not that big of a deal, i can live with it.

Im thinking my experiance is my computer only anyway.

Meyfei
Jul 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
I dont actually know I never click on adds and if the problem is not seeing the adds I never had that problem. I just look and scroll away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R-97-3 on 2007-07-24 07:14 ]</font>

Para
Jul 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
nvm it might not be the ads... Im still investigating but lol :rolls eyes:

Almighty_Envy
Jul 27, 2007, 11:57 PM
I got a screenie of it, its probably my computer....again

When i minimize the screen and then open it back up, the blocks are gone.

Before I minimize the screen
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/AlmightyEnvy/?action=view&current=One.jpg

After I re-open it
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/AlmightyEnvy/?action=view&current=Two.jpg

Syl
Jul 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
Yeah, sometimes the page I'll be viewing fails to load and then I have to close Firefox as it doesn't refresh either. I'm not the only one having these problems I guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ryna
Jul 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
For everyone that is experiencing problems, what version of Firefox are you using?

Para
Jul 28, 2007, 07:48 PM
For some reason... I sorta suspect that its Firefox and gameguard... I could be wrong lol

Ryna
Jul 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-07-28 17:48, Para wrote:
For some reason... I sorta suspect that its Firefox and gameguard... I could be wrong lol

I've been having problems with Gameguard and Firefox too. Eventually, Firefox refuses to load any pages after a certain amount of time while PSU is running. I've observed this effect on Vista and Windows XP. Everything goes back to normal after I shut the game down. That side-effect is making it rather difficult to work on the site.

Para
Jul 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-07-28 18:26, Ryna wrote:

On 2007-07-28 17:48, Para wrote:

I've been having problems with Gameguard and Firefox too. Eventually, Firefox refuses to load any pages after a certain amount of time while PSU is running. I've observed this effect on Vista and Windows XP. Everything goes back to normal after I shut the game down. That side-effect is making it rather difficult to work on the site.

I asked DJ if he had the same pattern but he said no and it would freeze any time...

For me its what I described and I think FireFox and gameguard is somehow colliding with each other.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 31, 2007, 10:47 AM
Currently on my other PC, it has no PSU installed and never gets any FireFox crashes and uses version 2.0.0.5 ( the latest one as of this date.)

But on this PC, ever since the update to Firefox 2.0 from reformatting, I've seen to be having major problems loading pages correctly after a certain point. Where I would have to close out FireFox to find that the processes are not closed automatically ( so I would have to end-task through ALT+CTRL+DEL and if I didn't do that, I would stack up on firefox.exe if I kept opening new FireFox processes and closing from error'd loading.)

I've researched a few things and found out that this was more of a wide-spread problem for most computers since FireFox's update.

Solutions I've came across were:
1. Uninstall/Disable Yahoo/Google Toolbar.
2. Safe-Mode resetting most things.
3. Removing extensions that may be faulty.
4. Fresh Re-installation *Also removing FireFox user Profile through
(C:>Documents and Settings>USERNAME>Application Data>Mozilla and delete or remove/rename for backup (but you may have to have "show hidden files" on))
5. Downgrading to an older version of firefox.

... and still I haven't found the solution that fixes the problem (Daymn, after all that work too.)
Probably the best thing now is to wait for an update that fixes all of the current problems.

BAM! Firefox 2.0.0.6 released today. This should be the fix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-31 16:58 ]</font>

Para
Jul 31, 2007, 06:59 PM
Reeally I think its just GG vs FF right now lol

Just run IE when you are playing PSU and when you aren't on PSU it should be ok (this is the case for me lol)

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
It's so not fixed -.-

Para
Aug 1, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-08-01 11:26, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
It's so not fixed -.-

That's what Im thinking... its probably something related to GG as of recent and something that FF does that GG doesn't like either.

Sord
Aug 1, 2007, 05:41 PM
GG is a real annoyance, I don't use firefox, but I do ues AIM. Anytime I activate GG while I'm signed into AIM, it will kick me out, and I can't log back on until I reboot (though I haven't tried logging in and out of windows yet.)

I tried all my regular non-gameguard games on it, and they don't do it. GG in general just seems to suck when it comes to using other internet applications simutanously with it. As Para said, just seems to be GG vs FF in this case.

Para
Aug 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-08-01 15:41, Sord wrote:
GG is a real annoyance, I don't use firefox, but I do ues AIM. Anytime I activate GG while I'm signed into AIM, it will kick me out, and I can't log back on until I reboot (though I haven't tried logging in and out of windows yet.)

Lesson to be learned, get Windows Live Messenger XD

Sord
Aug 1, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-08-01 16:29, Para wrote:

On 2007-08-01 15:41, Sord wrote:

Lesson to be learned, get Windows Live Messenger XD

eh, I'll only switch to it if it supports contacting AIM users as well. I have no loyalty to AIM,, but the majority of people I talk to use it. As far as I can read from MS, WLM just takes the hotmail and yahoo ones.

anyways, if that works with GG, then at this rate it seems GG is coding all there stuff to run fine with MS applications, but not giving a care about other internet application developers.

Para
Aug 1, 2007, 06:59 PM
Mmm it is possible that Microsoft and Nprotect have some kind of agreement together to make GG compatible or something. Microsoft is the industry standard right now overall in operating system and general use applications after all...

beatrixkiddo
Aug 2, 2007, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not GG. I get it when I use Firefox on pages with javascript. If it's happening on PSO-World, it's probably due to PSO-W's ad banners using some sort of javascript randomizer. Also, when FF hangs like this, close it from the Process list or you'll have the window closed and the process still running.

Mewn
Aug 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
Only seems to happen while GG/PSU is loaded, for me anyway. It's rather irritating, as I have to switch to Opera to browse/work on stuff while I have PSU in the background (the alternative is quitting/restarting PSU, lolno).

EphekZ
Aug 8, 2007, 09:20 AM
On 2007-07-22 13:10, Para wrote:
I noticed lately there has been some ad scripts that might be screwing with firefox causing it to not load pages properly.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

hah, I just came to make a post about this.

it's called like ad.doubleclick.net or something and I noticed when it's on the bottom mozilla doesn't load. I've expereinced the GG vs FF problem too but this is different; This happens when GG is closed. I have to refresh it till I get a different ad thingy down there like google.analystics or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-08-08 07:21 ]</font>