PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Corrupt?

Altavista
Jul 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
Sometimes I get some errors while I'm trying to load or save. I'll post my suggestions of what to do to fix those errors.

If the error is "This unit is not a supported memory card" or something like that.

Just unplug the memory and put it back in. Repeat until it works. But only do that if you are sure your memory card is supported on your version of gamecube.

If you get the error "Unable to save due to blablabla" then my suggestion is doing the same. I got that after Dark Falz on very hard. So i got scared. Then I unplugged my memory card and put it back in and it was working.

Do not remove the memory card when you are loading or saving!

This is only my suggestion on what to do and it works for me. PSO have alot of different scans in the game that might make it difficult for the game to keep track of everything.

Good Luck with PSO and I hope you enjoy your game!

Hope this works for you too and you wont have to format your memory cards anymore.

Elvendar
Jul 23, 2007, 10:48 AM
The biggest problems i've had were due to power outages and shutting off power or removing the memory card during saves.

The FSOD/BSOD bug never happened to me. The only way my original HUcaseal got erased was due to my own stupidity and a late night gaming session -- I was saving and was impatient, and turned the 'cube off when I was saving. That's 156 levels of HUcaseal and a good deal of rares down the drain, along with my cards that I had collected! Luckily my friends found me and helped me out, but still... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Always be careful when it comes to your saves!

JapansRobo
Jul 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
What is the FSOD/BSOD bug?

Altavista
Jul 24, 2007, 04:39 AM
Well, sometimes it asks you if you wanna format your memory card. If it does, you unplug and plug in the memory card again and it should be fine. PSO have those checks in the game that makes it hard for the gamecube.

Altavista
Jul 24, 2007, 04:42 AM
Well, sometimes it asks you if you wanna format your memory card. If it does, you unplug and plug in the memory card again and it should be fine. PSO have those checks in the game that makes it hard for the gamecube.

Nidramag
Jul 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-07-23 22:04, JapansRobo wrote:

i believe that FSOD is Frozen Screen of Death, now, i could have this completely wrong but to my knowelege you can lose your weapons and the game freezes, forcing you to turn of the system. Butit thought it was online only...? i have no idea what BSOD is

Altavista
Jul 24, 2007, 06:57 PM
FSOD is "frozen screen of death" aka the screen and the sound freezes.

BSOD is "black screen of death" the name speaks for itself.

JapansRobo
Jul 24, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-07-24 13:42, Nidramag wrote:

On 2007-07-23 22:04, JapansRobo wrote:

i believe that FSOD is Frozen Screen of Death, now, i could have this completely wrong but to my knowelege you can lose your weapons and the game freezes, forcing you to turn of the system. Butit thought it was online only...? i have no idea what BSOD is

So if all my weapons are in the bank will I be safe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-07-24 19:58 ]</font>

Nidramag
Jul 25, 2007, 01:23 AM
well, considering the fact that you must urn off the system it would seem you could wipe out all yer data and it wouldnt matter, bu i would imagine that being a smart choice anyways.

Banish
Jul 25, 2007, 01:12 PM
An FSOD (frozen screen of death) code came out due to a vulnerability in the handling of the word select feature in PSO. Using the code allowed the player to freeze everybody who saw the glitched word select. Duplicating of items was popular as well (which requires no cheat codes at all, since there was a bug in the game since the Dreamcast version that allowed duplicating).