PDA

View Full Version : Another rant; Job related

Mystil
Jul 24, 2007, 08:04 AM
It is a lonnnnng read, uh I'll try make it less of a big wall. . .

I'd like to say that I think I did a good job in proving old people wrong when they say "all young people don't like to work" as it'll be 10 years for me with Kroger soon and I've not missed a day since I was rehired again in 2002.

I love working.

OH let me get to the important point..

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TWO IDIOTS ON MY JOB TRYING TO MAKE MY WORK HARDER THAN IT IS?

First you got people NO SHOWING, then you got the guys who are assigned to work the SODA aisle but take all fucking day on the other aisles because they don't wont to work the easiest aisle in the whole store. Those of you who work retail, I know you can relate. But the loyal ass-busting employee is getting vocally raped; HE'S THE BAD GUY.

BACKSTOCK is a huge problem for me. My store does over 450,000$ in sales a WEEK. I have the can goods aisle. THE WORST aisle in the store. This baby alone pulls 100,000$ BY ITSELF. I'm throw up 170 to 300 cases a DAY. But nobody works my fucking backstock when I'm off. It PILES UP. When I come back to work, I'm expected to work ALL OF my backstock(over 1,200 cases) + work comes in from the truck(another 250+). Thing is, I always always only have time to work one cart of that stuff because I only have an 30min-1hr of "free time"(the time after you're done putting up your share of the truck). And I'm going at about 60 cases and hour. I could go faster, but then my heart and back starts hurting and I get all sluggish. I'm only human ~_~.

They talk all this damn shit about me about how I'm not getting it down. GOT DAMMIT, I CAN'T WORK 7 DAYS A FUCKING WEEK. WORK MY SHIT WHEN I'M OFF YOU LAZY SELFISH PIECES OF CRAP! Fridays I'm off. NO TRUCK on fridays. PLENY TIME to work this stuff. NO I come back saturday, and not a got damn thing is touched. Even one cart is a big help. It doesn't have to be ALL OF IT.

This is my backstock area:

- - - - ====

The equal signs are what I ONLY should have. The 4 lines are run overs. It used to be much worse. One time I had 40,000$ worth of backstock in the backroom. That is 7! pallets. I'm down to 8 carts now. I got all of that down on my own and it took 5 months/

The Zone manager came in the other day and I was told that the two idiot supervisors were spewing all kinds of crap about me. That was it for me. I marched my ass upstairs and had a long talk with one of the co-managers. He knows what the deal is. He said that the other members of the crew are scare of my aisle and that he's trying to get them to work it. TRYING??? TRYING??? YOU'RE A STORE MANAGER. IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD FIRE THEM! This is WORK. You cannot have a "I don't wont to do it cause it's hard" attitude. WTF?? Anyway, he knows I am trying my best and admitted that they(supervisors) aren't giving me days where I have ample time to work my backstock(I am off on ALL non truck days. NO ONE wants to work my aisle on truck days so I have to work all truck days). Sometimes I don't take breaks or lunchs just so I can have more time. . .Gonna cut it short..

I'm so sick of this mess. I HATE working with people. I miss my old position when I was by myself. No one to hold me back and no worrying about people no showing, and jealous sorry-ass people talking crap about me to ruin my rep. I'm tempted to go back to school get my GED and job hunt. No education is the only reason no other jobs will hire me anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-07-24 06:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-07-24 06:26 ]</font>