PDA

View Full Version : Fomarl question

myles_master
Jul 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry for all the topics..... Just have a lot of questions is all.

Alright, here's my next question. I have a Fomarl just starting. I'm wondering what materials to give her and an idea for a mag and/or weapons. I was reading at a couple other sites also and saw they are somewhat good with weapons, not really though. Most people recommended guns and wands. What kind of materials and mag should I give/make for her though. Just want to start fresh with a character and have her turn out decent/awesome.

Thanks for all the help.

JapansRobo
Jul 24, 2007, 11:22 PM
For weapons at first you should use a weapon with a fire/shock special. For mags you should start out with a max mind mag so that you can get high level spells.

Jaspaller
Jul 25, 2007, 10:16 AM
That depends on whether you're trying to make her stats maxed at level 200 or not. If you want to do a bit of melee with the FOmarl, a doublesaber is good.

Also apparently there is some sort of mistake made by the programmers for FOmarls using an inferno bazooka. Normally it shoots at the speed of a shot type weapon, but on FOmarls they shoot at the speed of a handgun. Pretty nice, except that inferno bazooka sucks

myles_master
Jul 25, 2007, 10:20 AM
Dude, that's awesome! I think I'll get an Inferno Bazooka for her asap.
Well, getting to level 200 is going to take me forever. I'm basically just working on getting her to the best possible character I can. I don't want the traditional Force. Max'em in Mind and just cast. I get really bored of that plus it costs a ton of mesta. I want to do somewhat melee forces. Which is why I have a Fomar and a Fomarl. I was just curious if guns would be a better pick for a Fomarl instead of sabers/close up melee weapons or should I use the melee weapons for up close combat.

By the way Jaspaller. You've been a great help to me the last couple days. Thanks a bunch. Your suggestions help my a lot with my strategies.

Altavista
Jul 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
First of all, dont make a FOmarl. Make a FOnewearl as they got TP recovery which will be alot more useful l8er. They also have stronger spells.

Jaspaller
Jul 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-07-25 17:09, Altavista wrote:
First of all, dont make a FOmarl. Make a FOnewearl as they got TP recovery which will be alot more useful l8er. They also have stronger spells.

*Cough Cough*
I don't want the traditional Force. Max'em in Mind and just cast. I get really bored of that plus it costs a ton of mesta. I want to do somewhat melee forces.

FOnewearls are terrible for melee combat compared to a FOmarl.

myles_master
Jul 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks Jaspaller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Altavista
Jul 27, 2007, 06:26 PM
If he wants a melee force just go with a Hunewearl -_-. No point of being a melee force becouse you will end up with a crappy char.

Jaspaller
Jul 28, 2007, 12:04 AM
HUnewearls are more hunter oriented and can't do much in terms of spells since they cap at 20.

T0m
Jul 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
Besides, the original poster is asking for tips for a Fomarl, not for advice on which class to use. ;]

With my melee-oriented Fomarl, I found that a good pair of mechs was very usefull. In this case those were 65% hit HS Justices, and the hit% sure helps overcoming the Fomarls low ATA.
And unless you really dislike making mags, I suggest making new ones when the need arises; start out with a ATP/ATA mag, for example, and as soon as your char maxes out either stat you can use another mag with more emphasis on MST. (Or start with a mind mag so you can learn potent support spells early.)