PDA

View Full Version : Rapid fire trick and megiverse stacking trick

BahnKnakyu
Jul 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
Two tricks in one post!

Trick #1: Rapid firing guns

Any gun with an FPS mode can be rapid fired (except for bows). What you do is switch to FPS mode, press Square or whatever your normal firing button is, then quickly switch to "goggles" mode while in FPS mode then quickly switch back to FPS mode by hitting the goggles button (L1 on the PS2 version). You will cancel out the lag from the shot, which will allow you to fire a split second sooner. This allows you to apply status effects faster and to level rifle bullets at a much faster pace.

This trick is most effective with Rifles and Laser Cannons.

Trick #2: Megiverse stacking

You need to purposely lag yourself to do this. Open up BitTorrent and increase your upload cap to something that is at 90-100% of your connection's upload capacity.

Take a wand with megiverse linked to it, cast it, then quickly switch to your megiverse rod and cast it. The game won't properly stop the casting of the megiverse from the wand and will stack the megiverse from the wand on top of the rod you're currently using. You essentially do 2x the damage per "tick" of megiverse.

I'm not sure if you can use this trick with dambarta, but IMO this is way too gamebreaking and party hostile to use.

HFlowen
Jul 25, 2007, 02:58 PM
Aren't exploiting game mechanics going against the Terms of Use?

ayrista
Jul 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
stack me 99 megaverses plox

Wallin
Jul 25, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-07-25 12:58, HFlowen wrote:
Aren't exploiting game mechanics going against the Terms of Use?

Yes, you can get banned for using exploits like this, there was already another post a couple of days ago that was talking about the rapid fire that mentioned it.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 25, 2007, 05:54 PM
Tricks like these were used back then, and this is in that grey line o the game where its really up to the user to decide whether or not it is proper for them to use it. People were not banned for abusing shift cancel, nor were they banned for using the swimsuit glitch. The megiverse trick is potentially gamebreaking, yes, but so was shift cancelling, and I'm pretty sure this will be removed VERY soon.

The rapid fire trick takes a bit of dexterity to do, and isn't as game breaking as the megiverse trick, so I don't really know.

I'm going to submit the megiverse problem to Sega to see if they will do something about it, but I'm putting this out in the open so that people understand what the hell is going on when you see a random fT mowing stuff down before a party even has a chance to breathe.

Hrith
Jul 26, 2007, 07:09 AM
The Terms of Use do not mention the use of in-game tricks (no third party program involved). By American law, what is not forbidden is allowed.

amtalx
Jul 26, 2007, 07:18 AM
I was wondering how to do that Laser Canon trick. That is definitely going to be helpful for owning with Prism. Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kuya
Jul 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
I had a spare laser lying around so I decided to try it out...sure the firing rate is increased but when used with Maylee, I can't imagine it being anymore useful than it already is. I don't think there are any mobs that get up quicker than the standard recharge rate of the laser (other than large mobs that only stagger). As far as it speeding up rifle rates...Um, don't they fire fast enough for you?

Neith
Jul 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
On 2007-07-26 05:45, Kuya wrote:
As far as it speeding up rifle rates...Um, don't they fire fast enough for you?

But you can make them shoot even faster! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

amtalx
Jul 26, 2007, 08:59 AM
On 2007-07-26 05:45, Kuya wrote:
I had a spare laser lying around so I decided to try it out...sure the firing rate is increased but when used with Maylee, I can't imagine it being anymore useful than it already is. I don't think there are any mobs that get up quicker than the standard recharge rate of the laser (other than large mobs that only stagger). As far as it speeding up rifle rates...Um, don't they fire fast enough for you?

I just want the increased firing rate to make up for any 0s. Even as a high Lvl Cast Fortegunner I still miss. For things like Go Varhas, throwing a 0 is bad news.

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2007, 11:37 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_conduct.php

Number 9

amtalx
Jul 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
I think they need to work on their wording a little bit...according to that you can be banned for "Creating a character." Still, I don't think ST is going to go around mass banning people for firing their weapons too fast. They make sweeping clauses like that so they can cover their ass in the event they want to do something.

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
They mean like, "Inventing" a character outside of the original program. Like creating equipment.

And no, they probably wont go around doing that. Even so, all it would take is somebody with a decent capture card to watch you doing that and send the appropriate form to get sega's attention.

thankmelater
Jul 26, 2007, 02:11 PM
warning: gratuitous sarcasm ahead!

wow a rapid fire trick, finally fg get the much needed edge to compete against those ff with their what was it 120% attack mod? i mean jeez. look at those axes such a high dps class at least now the tables are turned. and the scales are even!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thankmelater on 2007-07-26 12:31 ]</font>

Rigsta
Jul 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-07-26 05:09, Hrith wrote:
The Terms of Use do not mention the use of in-game tricks (no third party program involved). By American law, what is not forbidden is allowed.

Yes these are definitely exploits, and while the terms of service do not mention exploits they do require us to follow the rules of conduct.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_conduct.php

Rule 9.

...And hey someone already posted it. Grah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rigsta on 2007-07-26 12:40 ]</font>

Hrith
Jul 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
But you're not exploiting a bug in the programming =/

The rapid fire trick with goggles is not a bug, it's just using two gameplay features.

The Megiverse trick is due to lag, then again, not a bug due to programming, but to (purposefully) crappy connections.

The shop dupe trick on PSO GC was a bug, these are not.

drizzle
Jul 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
Of course these are bugs, don't be silly. Or do you honestly think that swapping goggles like a madman should increase laser firing rate, or that lag should allow you to use 2 weapons at the same time?

amtalx
Jul 27, 2007, 07:07 AM
If you want to get technical, the QA process for most software includes two types of bugs, issues and errors. Something like the rapid fire trick would be considered an issue. It deviates from expected behavior, but its not because of a coding error made by the developer. Its a side effect of using two correctly implemented features that were never really intended to be used together. The Megiverse thing may actually be an error depending on how other spells react under the same conditions. Not sure since I've never tried it.

One side-note about the rapid fire trick with Mayalee Prism. It's now completely unfair... Its basically a short range grenade launcher that fire so fast you can hit an enemy with throwback before the falling animation has even completed. With the exception of large creatures you can juggle anything you want. Also, since you're in FPS, you can change you direction of fire at will without having to break your attack. This is great for suppressing large groups of pretty much anything since you can move your view and spam an entire area.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
I KNEW IT! I saw it! When I challenged that other Fortegunner to race me (see who can beat Plains Overlord S2 first by solo mission) he used that rapidfire glitch a lot, it makes the gun look like it has tons of recoil, because after every shot the gun points up in the air...

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 07:47 AM
I wanna see someone use it now.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
I still won the challenge against that other guy by the way. 39 minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

He quit when he reached 40 minutes.

Deja
Jul 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
I think they fixed the goggles trick, I tried it today with killer shot, it cancelled out FPS mode when I used the goggles.

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 10:53 AM
If they dont catch you, it isnt cheating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Plus, as someone stated before, it isnt a bug, it isnt a glitch. Its pretty much just lag.
Hell, i sometimes do 3X the damage when my connection sucks. Should i be banned cause i lag?

Gen2000
Jul 27, 2007, 05:51 PM
Rapid fire makes Laser Cannons incredible for element base damage and actually brings some spice into the average dull Xbowing Gunner since I believe it has potential to be highest and fastest damaging deal in a Gunners arsenal if "mastered" (I mean mastered as in using in an open field vs. enemies not safespots of Plains Overlord).

I only have a expertmental Frozen Prism PA at lv.8 steadly raising it to lv.21+ for better comparison but so far I'm already impressed with the damage compared to my lv.30 Xbow/Rifle/Shotgun on fire enemies and moreso with the more dexterious nature that's required to use it properly (Good game PS2 controller...reminds me of snaking from Mario Kart/F-zero series).

It would give me a reason to actually care about Srank Laser Cannons if this turns out worth it.