PDA

View Full Version : Well, got PSO GC but I'm scared.

SuperSubZero
Dec 22, 2002, 08:02 PM
I am waiting for the xBox version, but my friend apparently didn't know, so he got me the GameCube version for Xmas. But I'm hearing nightmares about characters being lost at the drop of a hat. I may go online, but I gotta get a BBA first. I also have to justify $9 a month. Ugh.

If it's as problematic as I'm seeing, I may just play casual until the xBox version. I don't want to invest too much time in it anyways. I think the game itself is ok, I'm doing the Ep1 stuff now just to get re-acquainted.

Sapphire87
Dec 22, 2002, 08:09 PM
If you got the game and system for free, what's there to lose? $9 a month is nothing even if you have a part time job. You waste that much a week on soft drinks. Just have fun on GC PSO and don't worry about losing characters and all that. Something like that shouldn't hinder you from enjoying a great online game like PSO.

haterade
Dec 22, 2002, 08:10 PM
I haven't lost any characters, but I've had a HELL of a lot of FSOD's recently... out of nowhere... lost a lot of stuff, but regained most. Just do what I did. I was offline for a long ass time, so I just built up for online play... and yeah, you can find some decent rares offline too... found a Flowen Shield offline... gotta love how many people ask me what the hell shield it is!

Wheee. Rambling is fun.

Ina
Dec 22, 2002, 08:11 PM
how can u b sure that xbox's pso will b bug-less? no one expected this MANY bugs in GC PSO(its a nitemare, the dupe bug, server prob, memcard prob etc)...... May b there'll b another bug in XB PSO.... yet no one knows til it comes out..... i wont really put my hopes on that.....

CajunSamurai
Dec 22, 2002, 08:32 PM
Judging by the quality of other Xbox Live games, I think the XBL PSO will be as cheat/bug free as possible... but of course, that's just speculation. o_O And no one even knows how much IT will cost to play online, in addition to, of course, the XBL fee.

As for the GCN PSO? I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as losing characters... as long as you're using a first party memory card, that is, and don't turn it off in the middle of saving or something.

jello44
Dec 22, 2002, 08:39 PM
Use a 59, instead of the 251, 251 seems to be giving people problems. I had the game since launch and used the 59 and had no problems. FSOD isn't shit if you bank all of your weapons after you are done playing and go to the lobby.

Ina
Dec 22, 2002, 08:40 PM
Those XBL games r not from Sega are they?? sega makes PSO, not microsoft.... anyway I'm going off-topic here.....

okie back to topic.... well, u can always practice ur skills in GC PSO til u get XB PSO n_n since its free~~

CajunSamurai
Dec 22, 2002, 08:46 PM
I've been using a 251 since day one, with no problems. Hmm...

And yeah, it's Sega, but all XBL games run off of MS' own servers. We'll see if that makes any difference. Personally, I HIGHLY doubt that MS would even let the slightest bit of cheating/hacking go on in their own servers; they've been doing a great job on all of their game servers so far. We'll see!

Polenicus
Dec 22, 2002, 08:56 PM
On 2002-12-22 17:10, haterade wrote:
I haven't lost any characters, but I've had a HELL of a lot of FSOD's recently... out of nowhere... lost a lot of stuff, but regained most. Just do what I did. I was offline for a long ass time, so I just built up for online play... and yeah, you can find some decent rares offline too... found a Flowen Shield offline... gotta love how many people ask me what the hell shield it is!

Wheee. Rambling is fun.

I've noticed the Vega blocks are bad for FSOD's (Proably due to server overload). I get virtually none (I think FSOD's are as much determined by your connection type, ISP and the quality of all the wiring and routing in-between you and the servers as game-side and server-side glitches) but I've had one or two on Vega. Nothing serious, since I never keep anything good in my inventory unequipped. I have not, as of yet been FSOD'd in the middle of an actual game *Knock on wood*

SuperSubZero
Dec 22, 2002, 10:35 PM
I still can't believe lockups or crashes are still as fatal as they are. In the PC version, it simply reverts you back where you were last time you saved. You may lose an hour of gameplay, but unless you find a rare in that timeframe, there's nothing really lost. With the xBox's hard drive, there's no reason they can't use this same system.

I have no idea what a 59 or a 241 is. I guess it's the memory card. I got whatever Nintendo makes. At the time I just needed a memory card so I got one.

Muku6
Dec 22, 2002, 10:40 PM
The 59 and 251 are the official Nintendo memory cards. The 59 is grey and the 251 is black. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MajinSSJVegetto
Dec 23, 2002, 01:26 AM
the number is how many blocks of information can be saved on the card, if you didn't know.
The bigger one is pretty new.

Elusive_Llama
Dec 23, 2002, 12:45 PM
If I understand it correctly, losing all your unequipped items on your character is an anti-cheat measure. Without that, we'd have people grab a bunch of stuff, start an online game, give the items to their buddy (who logs off immediately), then somehow FSODing themselves so that the game resets them to the beginning when they had those items.

'course, duping is rampant in PSO GC anyway, so that anti-cheat measure is now worthless.

HONOTORI
Dec 23, 2002, 02:28 PM
I know PSO files can't be copied from card to card but can they be moved? My current file is on a nYko, but from what I'm hearing I guess I should move it (if possible) to one of my MemoryCard59's.

Mello
Dec 23, 2002, 03:02 PM
ok im a big GC know-it-all (yeah right) so ill tell you some things:

Yes you can move your files to a diffrent memory

card you simply hold A at the starting screen and
the GC Cube Menu will pop up press > on the control
stick to goto memory cards then you pretty much just slect file then select move.

unfortunetly i get "FSOD" once every week and i know a way that "for me" workd simply "PUT your rare items the the check room and equip the rare item you dont want to put in the checkroom.

whoa that took alot of energy. *huff *huff* *huff*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mello on 2002-12-23 12:03 ]</font>

Ness
Dec 23, 2002, 04:42 PM
I've been online since the beginning and I have yet to lose a character or even be FSOD. Yopu don't lose characters on GC PSO. Those are just horror stories told by Xbox fanboys to deter you from the GC version.

HONOTORI
Dec 23, 2002, 09:29 PM
Oooooh! XBox people got told. But anyway, does anyone know if it has anything to do with 3rd party cards or is that just extra security?

Foggy_Pete
Dec 24, 2002, 01:46 AM
FSOD is a huge issue online nowdays...i just had a scary one an hour ago and what was more depressing that it was from a pretty nice guy.
he thought it would be funny to send me his guild card and while it was saving try to FSOD me and force me to turn off the power in mid save and ruin my character data. i got off with nothing more than a lost varista and a lvl 78 mag i was raising but it could have been much worse
heads up guys people are trying there harder than ever to RUIN YOUR LIFE >_<

HONOTORI
Dec 24, 2002, 01:51 AM
I feel for ya man. When will they stop the hate...X_X