PDA

View Full Version : Essential Bullets of all RA weapons

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hi, once again requesting for some Ranger help.
Basicly i want to know, the best 2 bullets of every ranged weapon (except bow). Why? well, im building a Fortegunner, that is planned to be Wartecher, Acrotecher and Acrofighter. As you may noticed it, the PA limit will end screwing my mix if i add every bullet of each weapon. Thats why im requesting to have the "essential" bullets for: Xbow, Mechgun, Rifle, Greanede Launcher, (prism thing), and Shotgun. Twin handguns i will handle it. You can mention ult pa's too. Thank you very much ^_^.

Have a nice day!

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 10:49 PM
you DO know once you hit AoI you can learn as many PAs on one character as you want, right?

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-07-27 20:49, NIloklives wrote:
you DO know once you hit AoI you can learn as many PAs on one character as you want, right?

Yeah, i forgot to point that out, i just want to start leveling the essential

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
so now wait...id this character going to be 3 classes or 4? you seem to be spreading yourself a bit thin here.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-07-27 20:54, NIloklives wrote:
so now wait...id this character going to be 3 classes or 4? you seem to be spreading yourself a bit thin here.

yeah kind of, but i need some help anyway lol

MSAksion
Jul 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
Rifle status 4 - I would say VIRUS and EARTH. Virus lvl 4 lands much easier by rifle lvl 4 plus it does so much damage to LARGE enemies who are immune to lvl 3 and lower. Earth is great since there is not many earth enemies and SILENCE works wonders on olgohmon.

Grenade Launcher lvl 3 - CONFUSE and Ultimate - Confusing a squad of enemies - even those immune to silence as well as blow-backing a squad away. The Ultimate is insta-freeze so it may cost a lot but its guarantee freeze a whole squad.

Xbow lvl 3 - BURN and FREEZE - Lvl 3 status 3 bolts and the highest DPS of all guns and its One handed and MOBILE and you can carry a saber??? are you sure you can't squeeze more xbows in they're too useful! But Burning reliably without traps and doing massive ice damage is worth it.

M-gun Lvl One status - basically its just for tagging. I use SHOCK and Ultimate since ultimate can stun a large enemy for as long as you pour it on. Shock is easy to land.

Shotgun Lvl 2 status - SHOCK and CONFUSE - massive damage and low element percent means lightning works well even on VAHRA. Confusing an entire squad can incapacitate their offense easily and over a wide area and faster than a grenade.

Laser - >_> Only the Ultimate is useful. Shoving enemies into a corner is useful. The others aren't that great but its pure power. Lvl one status means you won't land much status. So go power - go EARTH.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
it's just that fortegunner conflicts with those other classes so heavily. to mix well you MAY have to resort to just useing handguns as far as left hand weapons go

on and on rilfe...don't bother with virus...if you have to minimize, you can get virus in trap form as a fortegunner, so I say skip it. in facy rifles all together, you can trap for SEs, so you may be able to skip them ENTIRELY. the only bullet you might want at that point would be killer shot for robots...but even that isn't a necessity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-27 21:22 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2007, 11:39 PM
This is JUST what i needed. Thank you very much MSAksion. Just one question. Fire Rifle it aint worth on essential?

Miyoko
Jul 28, 2007, 03:45 AM
Mm, I'm a fortegunner, so I'll offer my advice...

Rifles: I don't fully agree with MSAksion on this one. There are three very, very good rifle bullets. Ice, Fire, and Dark. In terms of being 'essential', these three are commonly seen as being the rifle bullets to take. Ice is good because there are a lot of fire enemies in the game, and it will help for a lot of bosses. Plus, ice is good for temporarily incapacitating enemies, making large groups much less overwhelming.

Fire and Dark are both very good, neither is fully better than the other. You can choose either to take one or both, but it's not really necessary to take both of them. It depends if you want speed or efficiency. Fire SE4 deals more damage per tics than Infection does from dark, but dark will have more total tics. So, if you want faster kills, go fire. If you want more efficient kills, or for your SE to do the damage, go dark. Don't forget that there are considerably more ice enemies for fire bullets to mow down than there are ice ones, too...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, burn SE 4 procs on on some enemies that Virus SE4 does not, such as Gol Dova's. This is important, as burn will do over a thousand damage per tic on high level Gol Dova's.

Shotgun: I personally reccomend Earth, lightning, or light for this. Since it's SE2, fire and ice won't be very good, and dark... Might be. I'm unsure. Lightning is a -great- SE for this, since it causes shock, which means enemies can't melee you, which they tend to do when using a shotgun since you have to get close. Shotguns are a damage weapon, however...

Grenades: Honestly, -anything- is good for this. Every SE will start off terrible, being SE1, but it will end with a final SE level of 3, which is good for any PA. Pick your favourite SE on this one, I say, while others tend to like fire. However, Grenades are mostly for control with their reliable knockback, and putting the hurt on dragons...

Laser Cannon: Mayalee Prism. Most people dislike laser cannons -except- for Mayalee Prism. It's a superb PA that offers incredible control. Invest in it if you plan on using Lasers.

I can't really speak for Crossbows, since I don't really use them, but for mechs... Anything works. If I had to name two to stay away from, I'd say fire and ice.

Also, NIloklives' advice on rifles ... I don't agree with at all. Rifles are the best status effect spreading weapon in the game. Traps only get SE1 and SE3 (regular and G type, respectively), while rifles get SE4. Rifles are one of the strongest points of going fortegunner. If you're not going to use rifles, don't go fortegunner. I do agree with him that Fortegunner is a rather conflicting class choice to combine with the others you're interested in, though, so make sure you're sure about going this route.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2007-07-28 01:47 ]</font>

Pillan
Jul 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
Well, here’s my advice:

None of the ultimate bullets are very important, so don’t worry about any of them. Aside from Twin Mayalee, each of them is only useful in a specific niche situation that doesn’t come up often enough for you to need them.

The first thing you want to do is choose a damage gun and get all 6 elements in it. Choose from twin handguns, mechs, crossbows, shotguns, or cards. All of those work well enough. You could also consider the phantom line combo and use rifles, but otherwise they don’t have a high enough output to keep up with any of those guns.

After that you’ll want to choose an effect weapon. Rifles are obviously the best for landing effects on large mobs, but crossbows generally win against medium and small ones. Because all large mobs are immune to shock, silence, and confusion, I recommend not leveling those rifle bullets unless you plan to use phantom/line religiously. The only case where shock/silence/confuse 4 is actually necessary to land the effect is Vanda and Vahra with swords (if they have a sword and shield or just a shield, even effect 4 won’t hit them). Crossbow, cards, and shotguns are your primary effect guns, with rifles stealing the stage on large mobs.

The other weapons aren’t really necessary, but have nice niche situations like the ultimate bullets. Laser cannons can out damage any gun if you manage to get a good number of targets in each shot (4+). Grenades own the De Ragan and can stun-lock any large mob fairly effortlessly. Bows are great when dealing with Zamvapas and bosses that are significantly stronger than you.

At the simplest level I’d say just get the burn and infect rifle bullets and all the crossbow bullets.

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2007, 04:05 AM
On 2007-07-28 01:45, Miyoko wrote:
Mm, I'm a fortegunner, so I'll offer my advice...

Rifles: I don't fully agree with MSAksion on this one. There are three very, very good rifle bullets. Ice, Fire, and Dark. In terms of being 'essential', these three are commonly seen as being the rifle bullets to take. Ice is good because there are a lot of fire enemies in the game, and it will help for a lot of bosses. Plus, ice is good for temporarily incapacitating enemies, making large groups much less overwhelming.

Fire and Dark are both very good, neither is fully better than the other. You can choose either to take one or both, but it's not really necessary to take both of them. It depends if you want speed or efficiency. Fire SE4 deals more damage per tics than Infection does from dark, but dark will have more total tics. So, if you want faster kills, go fire. If you want more efficient kills, or for your SE to do the damage, go dark. Don't forget that there are considerably more ice enemies for fire bullets to mow down than there are ice ones, too...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, burn SE 4 procs on on some enemies that Virus SE4 does not, such as Gol Dova's. This is important, as burn will do over a thousand damage per tic on high level Gol Dova's.

Shotgun: I personally reccomend Earth, lightning, or light for this. Since it's SE2, fire and ice won't be very good, and dark... Might be. I'm unsure. Lightning is a -great- SE for this, since it causes shock, which means enemies can't melee you, which they tend to do when using a shotgun since you have to get close. Shotguns are a damage weapon, however...

Grenades: Honestly, -anything- is good for this. Every SE will start off terrible, being SE1, but it will end with a final SE level of 3, which is good for any PA. Pick your favourite SE on this one, I say, while others tend to like fire. However, Grenades are mostly for control with their reliable knockback, and putting the hurt on dragons...

Laser Cannon: Mayalee Prism. Most people dislike laser cannons -except- for Mayalee Prism. It's a superb PA that offers incredible control. Invest in it if you plan on using Lasers.

I can't really speak for Crossbows, since I don't really use them, but for mechs... Anything works. If I had to name two to stay away from, I'd say fire and ice.

Also, NIloklives' advice on rifles ... I don't agree with at all. Rifles are the best status effect spreading weapon in the game. Traps only get SE1 and SE3 (regular and G type, respectively), while rifles get SE4. Rifles are one of the strongest points of going fortegunner. If you're not going to use rifles, don't go fortegunner. I do agree with him that Fortegunner is a rather conflicting class choice to combine with the others you're interested in, though, so make sure you're sure about going this route.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2007-07-28 01:47 ]</font>

clearly you don't understand traps. virus lvl 1 does 25% damage and the trap sticks to anything that can be virused. the only difference being virus 1 and virus 4 is the number of ticks. virus 1 gets 5 ticks while virus 4 gets 8. so it's 25% for virus 1, 35% for virus 2, and 40% for virus 4. since there ARE so few light enemies in te game you can COMPLETELY get away with not having a virus rifle for big enemies. and for small to mid enemies, you only need virus 2 which is STILL 30% damage. so virus rifle you can totally skip if you feel confident with trapping and don't mind spending the money.

for fire bullets you do 3201 damage a tick every 2 seconds on a lvl 105 gol dolva with burn 4. now while burn4 is the superior dot, you once again CAN skip it if you feel the need. burn G trpas do SE 3 which still does about 2.5k a tick. plus if you get a fire xbow which gets SE3, you can actually use this to burn even large enemies as well. so once again the rifle is not a MUST but would likely be of better benefit than than the virus one.

also your statement is entirely incorrect. they are not the best for spreading SEs, they are the best for sticking high lvl SEs with their only competition being the bow which has a lower RoF. the best weapon for SPREADING SEs is the xbow which has SE3 and a faster ROF than a shotgun by far with added mobility and a 3 way shot. if you're looking the SPREAD SEs, you want a xbow, not a rifle.

if you feel you MUST have two laser bullets, I'd say fire and mayalee..I'm not a huge fan of lasers, but you might like then...IDK.

mech gun bullets...why would you avoid fire and ice? this is not a gun for SE..this is a gun for DPS and ONLY DPS. get the element for the nemeis you will be fighting most since you SE is not the important part, only the damage.

and please guys, if you don't understand my reasoning, it's better you say that than say you don't agree, because if you don't even know about all the weapons you can choose from of all the options at hand, why say that my advice is bad? the rifle is non essential. its only major advantage is range. he seems like he's more interested in dual handguns which for all intents and purposes may be enough...they have better DPS, take less time to lvl and have FPS mode. only reason not to use dualies is when you need more range than they provide, which really is only on bosses which quite honestly the only two I feel you need extra range on are falkis and megahna. degahna you can use twin pistols on. and the same can be said for most anything else.

you don't have to agree, but do some homework first.

Miyoko
Jul 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-07-29 02:05, NIloklives wrote:

clearly you don't understand traps. virus lvl 1 does 25% damage and the trap sticks to anything that can be virused. the only difference being virus 1 and virus 4 is the number of ticks. virus 1 gets 5 ticks while virus 4 gets 8. so it's 25% for virus 1, 35% for virus 2, and 40% for virus 4. since there ARE so few light enemies in te game you can COMPLETELY get away with not having a virus rifle for big enemies. and for small to mid enemies, you only need virus 2 which is STILL 30% damage. so virus rifle you can totally skip if you feel confident with trapping and don't mind spending the money.

for fire bullets you do 3201 damage a tick every 2 seconds on a lvl 105 gol dolva with burn 4. now while burn4 is the superior dot, you once again CAN skip it if you feel the need. burn G trpas do SE 3 which still does about 2.5k a tick. plus if you get a fire xbow which gets SE3, you can actually use this to burn even large enemies as well. so once again the rifle is not a MUST but would likely be of better benefit than than the virus one.

also your statement is entirely incorrect. they are not the best for spreading SEs, they are the best for sticking high lvl SEs with their only competition being the bow which has a lower RoF. the best weapon for SPREADING SEs is the xbow which has SE3 and a faster ROF than a shotgun by far with added mobility and a 3 way shot. if you're looking the SPREAD SEs, you want a xbow, not a rifle.

if you feel you MUST have two laser bullets, I'd say fire and mayalee..I'm not a huge fan of lasers, but you might like then...IDK.

mech gun bullets...why would you avoid fire and ice? this is not a gun for SE..this is a gun for DPS and ONLY DPS. get the element for the nemeis you will be fighting most since you SE is not the important part, only the damage.

and please guys, if you don't understand my reasoning, it's better you say that than say you don't agree, because if you don't even know about all the weapons you can choose from of all the options at hand, why say that my advice is bad? the rifle is non essential. its only major advantage is range. he seems like he's more interested in dual handguns which for all intents and purposes may be enough...they have better DPS, take less time to lvl and have FPS mode. only reason not to use dualies is when you need more range than they provide, which really is only on bosses which quite honestly the only two I feel you need extra range on are falkis and megahna. degahna you can use twin pistols on. and the same can be said for most anything else.

you don't have to agree, but do some homework first.

Oh I understand traps perfectly. Just because I didn't mention anything about Virus trap levels and their damage doesn't mean I don't know anything about them. I use them all the time, because I don't have a virus rifle: I prefer burn for DoT. I'm also not saying that you absolutely have to take virus rifles, either. I personally think Fire Rifles are superior to Virus Rifles, partially due too ice enemies being more common than light enemies. I'm saying that fire and virus rifles are seen as the better rifle bullets. Sure, you can use burn G traps in place of the fire rifle, but that's not exactly cheap, and is fairly impractical. I can stick burn SE on an entire map with a burn rifle, whereas burn trap G's can only stick it on 20 (or 25? I forget offhand) total enemies in a map, and for lower damage. No weapon or PA is absolutely necessary, but some are very good to take.

And you're right, my statement isn't entirely correct, and I apologize for not being clearer. As you said, the best for spreading SE's is the crossbow, the best for spreading HIGH LEVEL SE's is the rifle. If you want to spread SEs, go xbow, if you want to spread LEVEL 4 SEs, go rifle. I can stick burn or freeze to entire spawns of 5 enemies with my rifle (Probably more, but I haven't fought a group of 6+ with my 21+ bullets in a while).

When I think bullets, I generally think SEs, which is why I said avoid fire and ice. Yes, they are for damage, but that doesn't mean you should rule out SE's entirely. Your advice on this one is probably better, but if you -do- get a mech with the intent of spreading SEs (And some will), then...

You should follow your own advice, too, and try not to be so arrogant. I didn't say your advice was BAD, I said I DON'T AGREE WITH IT. You have your own views on weapons, SEs, and how to play, and so does everybody else. Just because yours works for you, doesn't mean it's the best. If a player naturally doesn't play like you, then your advice won't do them any good, so don't act like your word is law. And why are you getting offended that I don't agree with you? So what? Just move on, not everybody is going to agree with everyone else. I didn't say your advice was BAD, I said I DON'T AGREE WITH IT. Other people are going to look at this thread, too, to see some advice on PAs. Different advice from different people with different experiences is a GOOD thing.

Oh, and rifles only major advantage being range isn't true. SE is another big one. Stop acting like rifle SE isn't one of it's good traits. DPS isn't everything. EDIT: Don't forget rifles have higher flinch chance, and knockback.

I believe for fortegunners, Rifles are as essential as anything else. You don't have to agree with this, but respect other peoples opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2007-07-29 16:40 ]</font>

Zero-mx
Jul 29, 2007, 08:32 PM
I'm going to agree with Miyoko here. She's got it down pretty well. The only thing about being a fortegunner though is choice, since there are a lot of weapons out there we can use, but its annoying lvling up all those darn bullets.
I use Fire, Ice, Dark bullets for my rifle, and those get the job done well. Haven't tried Earth yet, but I might after getting Dark lvl.21.

Crossbows are wonderful, their SE3 is great for dealing with most mobs. I suggest getting Dark, Ice, and Fire as well. But maybe just Ice, Dark for only 2 Pas. Lvling them up though, is a pain.

I don't use shotguns (not sure why, think its space reasons) but I've been told that Earth and Light are the best.

Grenades I only have a little experience with, and all I have is Ice for the Dragons, can't help you much here.

Launcher isn't really worth it unless you get the ult. pa. I have a launcher, and it doesn't do much right now. Actually, I should switch it out with a shotgun till I get the Ult. PA...

Machine guns I don't use with my Fortegunner. I use them with my Figunner and I have fire and ice, but its mostly used for damage and not SE. I like fire and ice, though I've heard that lightning might be the better way to go.

I'd say start working on rifles right away, they take forever to lvl. and are very VERY handy at higher levels. If you want to play Fortegunner effectively (in my view) you should grab traps for every map as well. I usually grab some Virus G and Burn G traps for those mobs who can't be SE'd with guns (The shield mobs).
Good luck to you.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
essential...hrm....good question.

Rifle: fire and possibly ice
twin handgun: ice or twin mayalee
shotgun: non essential
Grenade launcher: non essential
Laser: non essential
pistol: non essential
machine gun: non essential
crossbow: virus and elec/light/fire/ice (pick one)

remember, you asked about essential. I have a seen ground crossbow, and light grenade, and fire machinegun work, and work well. but essential? nah.

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
see? grundy knows what I'm saying...if we're talking essemnntial theres a lot you can skip on. ones that you might really like? sure theres more of those...but you don't NEED them. you can sub traps for virus which is actually preffered in many cases.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 30, 2007, 01:34 AM
actaully I kinda feel like virus is one you might not want to skip on. traps ARE great. they are also expensive, and you don't get that many.

Basically you need a way to deal DoT, consistently, to small, and medium sized enemies. Virus corssbow does this. (so does fire crossbow, so this can be an sub'd).

you also need to be able to DoT a large creature, and fire fits the bill more of the time (IMO). Virus rifle could alos be sub'd here.

Twin ice is because so many enemies are fire, AND 2 of the airborne enemies are fire (shagreece, zoona). Also 2 boses are fire.

everything else is just preference, and open slots. For example, a great bullet for crossbow might be ice...but if you already have twins, or shotgun...I have twin earth at level 23. so I never got earth rifle, or earth crossbow.

darkante
Jul 30, 2007, 03:13 AM
Basicly this is what i use most of the time and it works very well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rifle - Fire, having Burn lv 4 is a huge help against the very big enemies. And it levels way to slow for it to be useful for any other element.

Crossbow - Virus, kinda pointless to have fire on other then rifle seeing how many enemies are Fire element. And poisoning robots is something i never expected to work on robots (lol) makes no sense XD.
But until you get Killer shot on rifle, use this on bots.

Twin Handguns - Earth is nice but not necassary, good for silencing magic casters but reason i got is because its mainly neutral seeing how slowly it levels and not many enemies are earth and rather would kick ass on Parum. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Grenade Launcher - Ice is my prefered element on this because it rapes the dragon and you will not use this too often or neither will the effect so the freeze effect is not really an issue when you want to control the enemy group.

Laser Cannon - I have yet too see a use for it. I haven´t got the Ult P.A prism beam yet but i guess then it will actually be useful. Fires to slow for me and i rather use the GL for groups then pierce them with a no stun beam.

Machine gun - I haven´t even use it so i can´t give a tip for it (Lol me).
But i heard great things about the Ult P.A so use get it when you can.

There is my prefered settings until the expansion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 06:22 AM
On 2007-07-29 23:34, SolomonGrundy wrote:
actaully I kinda feel like virus is one you might not want to skip on. traps ARE great. they are also expensive, and you don't get that many.

Basically you need a way to deal DoT, consistently, to small, and medium sized enemies. Virus corssbow does this. (so does fire crossbow, so this can be an sub'd).

you also need to be able to DoT a large creature, and fire fits the bill more of the time (IMO). Virus rifle could alos be sub'd here.

Twin ice is because so many enemies are fire, AND 2 of the airborne enemies are fire (shagreece, zoona). Also 2 boses are fire.

everything else is just preference, and open slots. For example, a great bullet for crossbow might be ice...but if you already have twins, or shotgun...I have twin earth at level 23. so I never got earth rifle, or earth crossbow.

my feeling is there are only two large enemies that I can think of that are flat out immune to burn. grinna and svaltus. these guys you wanna virus. at higher difficulties would be the only time this is even really a must. and if you really need to stick virus, you can't be othere dto sit there and keep firing til you get it. we're talking situations where there are 3 oe 4 at a time. that's when virus is a must..not whe you can dance around one all by yourself. a stack of regular virus traps costs 1k any S or S2 mission that these traps are even a remote must give you way more than 1k for an S...so the mission covers expenses.

I've run fG without rifles and its really not hard. if we're talking about essential, as in your life will be difficult beyond reason without. virus rifle does not make the list. at least killer shot cuts mission time by an obscene amount.

darkante
Jul 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
So virus works on svaltus?
Never thought of that..then again, i rarely use traps.

Yes, finally there is a point using Virus traps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
Considering your multi-class choices you'll probably want to learn handgun elements for your sidearm. Confusion and shock are good support SE, and won't conflict with the best DOT.

Rifle... Burn and Killer Shot.

A grenade skill of some sort is essential for Fortegunner. Element? IMO fire and earth. Fire will let you knock down and burn most large monsters. Earth will let you serve a double cup of STFU to casters w/ initial knockdown and probably silence SE, and works great on Grinna Bete as well.

Maybe its just the Protranser ranks talking, but I really like shotguns. On a Fortegunner they last ALL DAY and deals some pretty heavy damage. I learned all elements so I've always got a damage bonus (important w/ low base damage) but it's also good for getting SE's around on normal mobs.

Pillan
Jul 30, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-07-30 05:29, darkante wrote:
So virus works on svaltus?
Never thought of that..then again, i rarely use traps.

Yes, finally there is a point using Virus traps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just to clear up confusion, there are a few cases where a virus trap is better than burning the enemy. The first condition is the obvious one: enemies that are immune to burn. These are basically all robots (including Statera such as Svaltus and Zamvapas) and Cariguine (however, Cariguine is immune to both). The second condition is dealing with more than 2 large mobs simultaneously. You can handle 2 large mobs way better with burn due to the faster DoT and the higher rate of infliction, but after that, it’s better to have something that sticks longer and lands instantly (infect G traps).

And I have to agree that a virus trap can easily replace the virus rifle and, in all cases, the trap is by far the better option if you can use both.

usmcbama
Jul 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
Just my two cents as a fortegunner (just switched to fighgunner- maybe I can bring some "know when to stand back and shoot" experience to a commonly denegrated class):

Rifle: I levelled fire and dark, to be able to choose which DOT for the situation, shock, before I found out Svaltus was immune :| and i'm working on killer shot, for tons o' robot bashin' fun.

Shotgun: Pretty much all of them to 30 except for dark (working on it) an earth (I'll get to it eventually). I've heard the shotgun referred to as "the ranger's axe". I concur. I'ts great for wearing down a group, and deals massive damage point-blank, opposite element. I still think my favorite PA for this is "mass confusion" though. Nothing like gettting a whole group of vandas to turn and burn each other.

Grenade- just about maxed fire- got light to 21. As with the shotgun, there's nothing like confusing a group of enemies who (if they can actually get back up on their feet) go to wail on the closest thing to them (their buddies).

Machineguns- As far as I can tell, the elemental differences are so negligible, and the application of SE so limited, it really soesn't matter. I would think light, shock, or freeze would be good, as they would all serve to debilitate those annoying mobs of pannons and polties. Yet again, I personally prefer light, as I find confusion to be amusing.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 30, 2007, 12:22 PM
People who think that dark is the best rifle shot are retarded.

Use Ground and Ice. Those will most likely be your two "most used" attributes.

The most important attribute is always that which is the opposite of the enemies you're shooting at.

Ignore people who say dark is the best, because on small monsters virus only does 100 damage or so, and even on Polavohras Lv105 it's worthless...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-30 10:23 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
If you're not using a rifle (outside a boss fight) for status effects you're using it wrong, since there are many kinds of gun with better damage output.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-07-30 10:45 ]</font>

amtalx
Jul 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-07-30 10:22, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

Ignore people who say dark is the best, because on small monsters virus only does 100 damage or so, and even on Polavohras Lv105 it's worthless...

Because dealing unhindered damage to a bullet resistant creature is a horrible idea...

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
xD dear christ why would you use a rifle for direct damage?

anyway panzer's probably got the rifle part down. I still think you can skip over burn but if you HAD to pick two rifle bullets, I'd go with his two.

...darn people tryina make me look crazy....>_>

<_< I'll show you crazy

ShineOnline
Jul 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
PT here, but I'd like to add one thing to the burn vs virus discussion. For solo hunting, I find virus to be better just because I don't have to land it as many times which saves quite a bit on pp.
Probably not as much of an issue for fGs, though.

Akaimizu
Jul 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
As a Guntecher, I tend to agree. Virus plain saves PP for me, because it lasts longer and it's easier for me to maintain on multiple enemies. No Bullet PP Save for me, yet.

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 03:11 PM
As a Guntecher specifically I'd think about Virus rifle or bow... for Svaltus and Grinna Bete it's pretty much their only option, while a PT or Fg is gonna use grenades and/or virus traps.

The virus SE is useful IMO on a weapon that only gets SE1 or SE2... where it deals damage at a rate on par with burn, usually on a weapon where you can dish it out to tons of robots at once. SE3 burn will do large monsters, virus won't, and you're getting into a range where Burn is dealing damage almost twice as fast as Virus.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 30, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-07-30 10:54, amtalx wrote:

Because dealing unhindered damage to a bullet resistant creature is a horrible idea...

It was just an EXAMPLE, whether it's true or not, but morons who use dark shot on dark creatures and say "OMFG I PUT VIRUS ON HIM" and it dies from getting hit by the SMART guy using Rising Shot

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 30, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-07-30 11:31, NIloklives wrote:

anyway panzer's probably got the rifle part down. I still think you can skip over burn but if you HAD to pick two rifle bullets, I'd go with his two.

<_< I'll show you crazy

because when I can deal over 50,000 damage (without effects) per minute, direct damage is well worth it.

Akaimizu
Jul 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe for some people. But as a Guntecher, I often have not one thing in my arsenal that can beat the damage of Virus and/or Burn on some of those high level creatures. Not one single thing. So for me it's more like, yep I can spend a long time shooting that thing, or land the SE and shoot them for a fraction of the time. Of course, my direct damage only as an assist to the Status Effect damage.

My speed of kills, for those big guys, changed a lot once I got the DoT effects to SE4. Before that, I did indeed have all the others on my more direct damaging weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-30 14:08 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-07-30 13:57, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

On 2007-07-30 11:31, NIloklives wrote:

<_< I'll show you crazy

because when I can deal over 50,000 damage (without effects) per minute, direct damage is well worth it.

talking about a gunner here

and yes as a GT a virus bow ir rifle is a must. as a fG or PT you can use traps. see the difference?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-30 16:15 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jul 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
For a GT, a virus SE4 isn't that hard to achieve either. Bow levels fast.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 30, 2007, 10:14 PM
rifles are great on bosses that fly (onma, dimma), or that you don't want to get near you (magga), or that you can't get to (falkis).

SE4 DoTs are also handy.

that means ice, elec, ground, light, fire, and virus all have uses.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-07-30 13:57, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

If you've got that with rifle, a shotgun, mech, or crossbow would deal what... 75000 in the same time? Grenade or laser if you're getting decent number of hits would beat those even.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 31, 2007, 12:29 AM
I could probably do around 90,000 per minute, but I figured that if I said anything higher than 50,000, people would get defensive and try to prove me wrong.

Niloklives
Jul 31, 2007, 06:46 AM
50000 doing what? I can do over 90000 a minute with burn 4. it doesn't mean anything.

and yeas grundy all rifle bullets have a use.. the question is which of these can you outright skip and still do OK.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2007, 07:54 AM
On 2007-07-30 13:56, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

On 2007-07-30 10:54, amtalx wrote:

It was just an EXAMPLE, whether it's true or not, but morons who use dark shot on dark creatures and say "OMFG I PUT VIRUS ON HIM" and it dies from getting hit by the SMART guy using Rising Shot

Its kind of an example of what not to do though. Polavohras aren't Dark, and they only way to equalize your damage to a Polavohra is either Burn/Virus or double-shotting with a Shotgun.

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 08:12 AM
On 2007-07-30 22:29, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
I could probably do around 90,000 per minute, but I figured that if I said anything higher than 50,000, people would get defensive and try to prove me wrong.

Then a shotgun's good for 145000/minute. No matter what you say your damage rate is for rifle, given your character level, arm unit, whatever... shotgun's better. Mechgun's better too. Crossbow's better. Grenade's better. Laser's better.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 3, 2007, 01:02 AM
not to mention, once something is DoT'd, it's all about number of hits. Then again, I often let the DoT do the killing and get a latte.

it's very italian of me.

9lotus
Aug 3, 2007, 01:51 AM
If you go pure Fortegunner, I would get all 7 rifle bullets and all 6 elemental grenade/shotgun/crossbow bullets. That leaves you 11 slots to pick from handgun/laser/machine gun/twins

otherwise, the PA's I would say you should get are:

Rifle: Fire, Ice, Killer
Grenade: Ice, Ground
Crossbow: Ice, Fire, Lightning, Light
Shotgun: Ground, whatever else you feel like

For rifles, get fire rifle for applying DoT on large enemies, ice because it's ice. Maybe get light if you plan on doing Seed Awakened.

I don't include lightning or ground, because you can't land those SE on large enemies. No Dark because the chance of landing infect is significantly lower than burn, and you're better off just using traps to apply infect.

I'm going to disagree with some people here and say that I don't think it's worth applying DoT on small/medium monsters unless you're soloing. A good party will kill small/medium enemies too fast for your DoT to be very useful. So, for crossbows, I recommend using either opposite element for DPS, or a disabling SE like shock or confuse.

Ground is good for shotguns, use it to kill Pohlavoras and Grinna Betes with double-hitting, or just general DPS against lightning enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-08-02 23:53 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 03:48 AM
With the machinegun I bet I can do over 250,000 per minute

amtalx
Aug 3, 2007, 06:17 AM
Not quite. Even taking a rough estimate of 350 damage per bullet, you would need to fire almost 12 times per second ( 11.9 to be exact, way faster than a Machinegun actually fires, Iv'e heard its 6) to do 250,000 damage per minute.

EDIT: Math error. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-08-03 04:21 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 08:31 AM
...I think that and the whole DC means your synth with fail bit kinda removes all credibility from him anyway.

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 09:10 AM
On 2007-08-02 23:51, 9lotus wrote:
Rifle: Fire, Ice, Killer
Grenade: Ice, Ground
Crossbow: Ice, Fire, Lightning, Light
Shotgun: Ground, whatever else you feel like
I'm going to disagree with some people here and say that I don't think it's worth applying DoT on small/medium monsters unless you're soloing. A good party will kill small/medium enemies too fast for your DoT to be very useful. So, for crossbows, I recommend using either opposite element for DPS, or a disabling SE like shock or confuse.

IMO pick up all elements on whatever your favorite gun is. When you're shooting medium mobs, just go proper element. You might as well do extra damage because pretty much any SE you proc is about equally useful... burn, dark, freeze, whatever. If something lives long enough to be worth disabling, it lives long enough to rack up 10-15% damage from SE.

Earth or light rifle is great for helping a team deal with casters like Vanda and Gohmon. People overlook the fact that you can dish out super-powered SE at an insane rate against midsize guys with those things.

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
Very true. It's yet another reason why Confuse beats Silence for pretty much everything. You know what's sick? I've Silenced Vandas, I've shocked Vandas. They can still blow flames all they want, while in either status.

Of course, just ignoring that aspect, I think one day ST might just fix Silence. As of right now, they really mainly have use as an element against lightning monsters.

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 11:15 AM
Confused vanda damfoie can still hit players, too.

Personally I prefer Earth to Light against random caster mobs, for the extra 5% damage. Confusion's only really required in Grove, though it's obviously smart to use it in Clyez (element damage + good SE) as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-08-03 09:57 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 3, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-08-03 08:59, Akaimizu wrote:
You know what's sick? I've Silenced Vandas, I've shocked Vandas. They can still blow flames all they want, while in either status.

Yea I was pretty grumpy about that too when I noticed it. It's been fixed now though. You can shut them up mid Damfoie too. Pretty funny. Since Vandas don't seem to have a physical attack, you can just back them up into a corner an wail on them. Of course, whenever the Silence wears off, you can expect some Damfoie within a few seconds. This was all with Vanda Mehras BTW.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-08-03 06:31, NIloklives wrote:
...I think that and the whole DC means your synth with fail bit kinda removes all credibility from him anyway.

Oh, get over yourself. It's against the rules to say that.

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
dude I'm not the one making up numbers and saying virus is a useless bullet against polavohras.

HaydenX
Aug 4, 2007, 12:29 AM
They should combine silence with poison (maybe too powerful...idk). That would fix ground type.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 4, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-08-03 13:56, NIloklives wrote:
dude I'm not the one making up numbers and saying virus is a useless bullet against polavohras.

"dude" ROFL

(No credibility for you either)

In case you don't know what EXAMPLE means, maybe I can show you. Perhaps I should make a video, and time it, and it would be based on the time it takes to kill certain types of enemies WITH and WITHOUT crappy Dark Shot.

Niloklives
Aug 4, 2007, 01:19 AM
an example uses facts. not random worthless statements that are easily proven false.

"dur I can do 250,000 damage in a minute with a that only pulls about ~700 damage a second and will drain several times before that timer runs out...and sticking virus on a high defense, high HP enemy is a bad idea" yeah great examples

don't talk to me about credibility. you sound like a kid

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 4, 2007, 02:01 AM
Speak for yourself. I wouldn't know a kid if I didn't have to deal with so many people like you everyday. You obviously haven't grasped the concept of "examples" or "exaggeration" yet, so maybe I should just make visual proof to invalidate all the bullcrap you've filled this topic with.

amtalx
Aug 4, 2007, 02:54 AM
On 2007-08-03 22:29, HaydenX wrote:
They should combine silence with poison (maybe too powerful...idk). That would fix ground type.

They should make the default SE for ground Stun. That would make it worth something.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 4, 2007, 08:06 AM
The Silence effect of Grav Shot is useful, as long as you don't go to Parum 24/7, to hang out with the nub culture. Silence is very effective for Olgohmons on Neudaiz, because if you're far away from a silenced Olgohmon, they can't attack you with anything!

amtalx
Aug 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
They wouldn't be able to attack you if they are stunned either. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Plus, large mobs are not immune to Stun, so it would actually be useful on Jarbas and other pesky large mob creatures with nasty spells.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
if there was a common way to inflict stun then shock would be useless. As it is shock takes a second place to freeze - especially since freeze can be applied to enemies like bil de vear, and shock cannot.

I wonder why there is no shock outrage?

On silence vs light: another problem that has not been mentioned - silence does not DO anything to non casters, whereas light does.

I think SEGA messed up SE's horribly.

Niloklives
Aug 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
that sounds more to me like "confuse is good"

shock is used a lot in some circles though. it lasts longe rthan freeze makes some of the nastier melee enemies in the game run in circles for a bit, completely helpless. much bette rthan keeping something licked in place for a single hit if you ask me. freeze would be better if it was as easy to stick as burn is on a pannon...as it is, i don't find freeze really adding anything to my gaming experience.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 5, 2007, 10:23 AM

The most important attribute is always that which is the opposite of the enemies you're shooting at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-30 10:23 ]</font>

Um no. Dark Shot and Burning shot are two of the best PA's in the game. You will pretty much outdamage an enemies with one these than using the correct element because of SE

amtalx
Aug 5, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-08-04 14:52, SolomonGrundy wrote:
if there was a common way to inflict stun then shock would be useless. As it is shock takes a second place to freeze - especially since freeze can be applied to enemies like bil de vear, and shock cannot.

Shock vs. Freeze depends on the situation. Shock lasts longer and can't be canceled like freeze can. Shock generally works better when soloing or if everyone and their mother is using Ice.

Pillan
Aug 5, 2007, 02:03 PM
I guess I’ll write my own review of the 6 standard bullet effects.

Burn:

Pros – has the highest landing rate of any effect and has a higher damage/time than infection at SE level 2 or higher. Burn 3 is the only SE 3 that works on enemies with 30 STA. Burn 4 is the only SE 4 that works on Junsugun.

Cons – it can’t be used in combination with freeze and it’s canceled by all other DoT effects (though this is more of a con for those effects than a con for burn). Also most enemies are fire type, so it usually limits your bullet damage. It also only lasts for 10 seconds.

Freeze:

Pros – it freezes the enemy for a short time and reduces their evasion to zero. It is also the only defensive effect available on a bullet that works on large mobs.

Cons – the time is too short in my opinion, plus you can’t burn the enemy for the duration of the freeze and vice versa. It also has a very low landing rate.

Shock:

Pros – it has the second highest landing rate of any effect and stops the enemies from using physical attacks for a short period of time which is generally twice as long as the freeze.

Cons – it doesn’t work on large mobs and shocked mobs still move around to avoid bullets and plan their next attack the very second shock wears off. Also it does not cancel the current attack. It can’t be used on large mobs.

Silence:

Pros – it stops the enemy from casting techniques for about as long as shock. This includes all pseudo-techniques, such as Vanda fire breath or the light technique spammed in the Holy Ground.

Cons – this isn’t really a con for silence, but enemies who cast techniques generally have higher STA, so you need a silence level 3 or higher to make it useful against Olgohmon or Gauzoran. Like with shock, the enemies still move around and their current technique is not canceled. It can’t be used on large mobs.

Confusion:

Pros – the enemy can attack its own allies for the duration of the effect. It also causes all AoE techniques to miss their targets.

Cons – fast moving enemies ignore the effect of confusion and attack you anyway. Other enemies usually walk around like idiots and avoid attacking anyone for the duration of the effect. Also it forces enemies to attack the closest target to them, so it’s fairly useless on a short range gun like a crossbow. Also non-AoE techniques still hit anyone on the team of its target (so Gauzoran foie only misses you when they aim for other Gauzoran, which is fairly likely). It can’t be used on large mobs.

Infection:

Pros – It deals 5% of the enemy’s max HP to the enemy every 4 seconds and the duration increases by 1 tick with each effect level up, making it incredibly effective on traps (5 ticks at level 1). It also works in combination with freeze. Also, all robots besides BUGs and Casts are immune to burn, so it is your only DoT option on those enemies (this includes Statera).

Cons – in my opinion, it’s the most overrated effect. It has a landing rate on par with freeze and the damage takes so long that it usually doesn’t deal much damage to the average medium or small mob before it dies. The odds of both freezing and infecting a monster that you’d want held in place like that are so low that I wouldn’t even consider it an option unless you’re using traps.

I’d say silence is the most useless just due to the fact that not enough enemies use techniques. And, yes, I’d much prefer to have all earth bullets replaced with stun.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 5, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-08-05 08:23, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Um no. Dark Shot and Burning shot are two of the best PA's in the game. You will pretty much outdamage an enemies with one these than using the correct element because of SE

Actually that's BS, I just tested it on enemies in Mad Beasts S2, enemies besides Jarba and Polavohra only take about 400 damage from it, per 3 seconds.

Lv30 Dark Shot would only hit about 450 while Lv30 Frozen Shot would hit 625, and firing 2x per second.
625-450=175
175x2=350
350x3(seconds)=1050(as opposed to 400 virus damage)

Xaeris
Aug 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
If the standard effect of the earth bullet became Stun, it would either have to occur less often than my 452 casts Rentis, or it would be the most utterly broken thing in the game. Then again, given the existence of Killer Shot, I'm not sure Sonic Team really has a problem with that.

Niloklives
Aug 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-08-05 12:35, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

Actually that's BS, I just tested it on enemies in Mad Beasts S2, enemies besides Jarba and Polavohra only take about 400 damage from it, per 3 seconds.

Lv30 Dark Shot would only hit about 450 while Lv30 Frozen Shot would hit 625, and firing 2x per second.
625-450=175
175x2=350

ok now you just proved how worthless your input is. the SE (virus) does 5% od the enemy's max hp every 4 seconds. you're trying to say that lvl 105 jarbas have only 8000 hp. sorry, no. you're looking at about 2k damage a tick. and burn 4 does 5% every 2 seconds. on a lvl 105 goldova that's 3201 damage every 2 seconds. and that's just draining the gol dolva's health while everyone attacks.

there's a reason why fGs are seen as the most broken class in the game, and i promise it's not as simple as yak zagenga

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-08-05 15:26, NIloklives wrote:

625-450=175
175x2=350

ok now you just proved how worthless your input is. the SE (virus) does 5% od the enemy's max hp every 4 seconds. you're trying to say that lvl 105 jarbas have only 8000 hp. sorry, no. you're looking at about 2k damage a tick. and burn 4 does 5% every 2 seconds. on a lvl 105 goldova that's 3201 damage every 2 seconds. and that's just draining the gol dolva's health while everyone attacks.

there's a reason why fGs are seen as the most broken class in the game, and i promise it's not as simple as yak zagenga

Obviously you're retarded, because I said enemies BESIDES jarbas and Polavohras.

panzer_unit
Aug 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
Burn, Shock, and Silence is the best stack of SE's IMO. Virus often takes too long to do its damage, Freeze doesn't stack with Burn, and I've heard Confuse doesn't stack with Shock... though I've never seen competing confuse/shock gunners.

There are a LOT of casters out there that Silence will help greatly by shutting up, and doing more damage than light bullets while you're at it... I'd say "get off of Parum and see" but Earth does element damage and thus rocks there anyway.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 11:43 AM
I've just recently started using bullets for status effects, but the burn/virus ones aren't my favorites. I love using Grav Shot on Servants in Grove of Fanatics, and also on Olgohmons. They just stand there like morons staring at you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

panzer_unit
Aug 6, 2007, 11:53 AM
If you're solo, you want to start with burn or virus and try to apply elemental damage or defensive SE's from there, or melee PA's if you're a PT or FG... to make PP last.
If you're the only gunner on the team, rock defensive SE's primarily and back it up with DOT if you get a chance.
A team with multiple gunners should get organized so they're applying some stack of SE's (DOTs and defense) efficiently.

-dis-
Aug 6, 2007, 02:37 PM
Someone above claims that silence stops Vanda breath. Is this true?

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-08-06 12:37, -dis- wrote:

Silence may help but you're gonna have to talk to someone eventually, so get that Vanda breath taken care of dis! I suggest brushing after every meal, flossing at least once a day and perhaps a mild mouthwash with 30 seconds of vigorous gargling. If this doesn't work, perhaps a tongue scraper and a visit to your dentist may help?

LOL! Anyway, the poster in question also states that a silenced enemies tech doesn't hit you ONLY if the silenced enemy targets another enemy with it. We've already proven that one wrong on our own, so I would suppose the rest of his post is based on what he has heard and what he believes.

Pillan
Aug 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-08-06 12:37, -dis- wrote:

That’s what 15 hours of VoC spam getting Yak Diga from 21 to 30 tell me. You can try it yourself if you don’t trust me. But, yeah, I’m guessing it started working after they updated Vanda AI for S2 rank (formerly the lower diga arc that S rank has now) because I know it didn’t work before that.

On 2007-08-06 12:51, JAFO22000 wrote:
LOL! Anyway, the poster in question also states that a silenced enemies tech doesn't hit you ONLY if the silenced enemy targets another enemy with it. We've already proven that one wrong on our own, so I would suppose the rest of his post is based on what he has heard and what he believes.

I’ll assume you meant confusion.

I specifically said non-AoE techniques for a reason. With Ramegid/Rabarta, it always misses, but go to VoC S, kill all the Vanda except 1 and confuse the one. Enjoy the Diga damage.

But, yeah, I’d still say confusion is a bit better than silence just because you rarely fight just one enemy techer.

-dis-
Aug 6, 2007, 04:57 PM
Interesting. I'll check it out, but I am fairly certain barta from a confused and lonely ol gohmon doesn't hit. Hm.

Niloklives
Aug 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
it doesn't

Pillan
Aug 6, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-08-06 14:57, -dis- wrote:
Interesting. I'll check it out, but I am fairly certain barta from a confused and lonely ol gohmon doesn't hit. Hm.

I take it back. Just tested it again now and the Diga missed. I'm guessing I either got hit by a diga right before confusion landed or right after it ended.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 07:38 PM
I hate how every time I go to the Grove of Fanatics, those servants step in the way of my killer shot.

Once it hits Lv11, they'll be sorry to step in front of it. The bastards.

purdylink
Aug 6, 2007, 07:40 PM
Crossbow- Fire and Virus for SE purposes.

Grenade Launcher- Ice and w/e you feel will work best for you.

Mechgun-Ice is nice for jarbas, but so is mayalee, since it keeps big monsters locked.

Rifle-Ice and Fire. Ice for the damage, Fire over Virus since less monsters are immune to Fire. Killer Shot if you plan on doing GoF

Laser Cannon-Ice and Mayalee, the Ultimate PA can really shine in certain situations.

Shotgun- Light and Shock, medium/small mobs get demolished by the two.

Twin Handgun-I'd get Ice and Earth since you don't wouldn't have either on the xbow, and Twin Mayalee. Of course, you could just ditch the twins and get the PA's for the xbow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: purdylink on 2007-08-06 17:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: purdylink on 2007-08-06 17:46 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 6, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-08-06 17:38, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
I hate how every time I go to the Grove of Fanatics, those servants step in the way of my killer shot.

Once it hits Lv11, they'll be sorry to step in front of it. The bastards.

killer shoot isn't very effective against those servants even at 21

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 08:18 PM
I noticed Grav Shot isn't either, but it's just about the only thing I find worthwhile using on them, since it hits for so much damage. I should have thought before saying Killer Shot 11 would get them :/

SolomonGrundy
Aug 6, 2007, 10:51 PM
1. some ground bullets do NOT get the 5% boost in damage (twin handguns, for example), this would be a reason to use light bullets

2. 360NyTeMaRe, your virus math is awful. One uses virus not to infect a single enemy, but to inflect a horde of enemies. This is part of what makes virus so valuable. the duration is such that you cna inflect everything, without having the DoT run out. shotgun, and crossbow are probably the most damagin weapons in the game in vs mobs tha can infect.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 12:35 AM
Dr. Phil, I'm proud of you for using a special word like "awful" to describe something, rather that "horrible" or "terrible" like all the Halo-kiddies.

I never said anything about fighting against a mob. I'm speaking of a single enemy. My math is fine, you fool.

purdylink
Aug 7, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-08-06 20:51, SolomonGrundy wrote:
1. some ground bullets do NOT get the 5% boost in damage (twin handguns, for example), this would be a reason to use light bullets

How is that a good enough reason to use a light bullet? Assuming you were going against enemies of an opposite element, wouldn't the elemental % of an earth bullet be better than that 5% extra damage you get from the light bullet?

SolomonGrundy
Aug 7, 2007, 12:56 AM
On 2007-08-06 22:35, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
Dr. Phil, I'm proud of you for using a special word like "awful" to describe something, rather that "horrible" or "terrible" like all the Halo-kiddies.

I never said anything about fighting against a mob. I'm speaking of a single enemy. My math is fine, you fool.

you should have kept quiet. Here is the direct quote, from you, saying that dark shot is poor vs mobs

bolded for emphasis. non jarba and non polhavorah are considered mobs.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-08-06 22:56, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-08-06 22:35, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

you should have kept quiet. Here is the direct quote, from you, saying that dark shot is poor vs mobs

bolded for emphasis. non jarba and non polhavorah are considered mobs.

I never specifically mentioned multiple of the enemy type.

Hrith
Aug 7, 2007, 04:17 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:22, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
Obviously you're retarded, because I said enemies BESIDES jarbas and Polavohras.Obviously you're retarded, because you use rifles on enemies BESIDES Jarba and Polavohra.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 04:58 AM
Well then I guess everyone who's b****ing at me that their status effects are good for mobs is retarded too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ass.

-dis-
Aug 7, 2007, 08:37 AM
On 2007-08-06 16:00, Pillan wrote:

On 2007-08-06 14:57, -dis- wrote:

I take it back. Just tested it again now and the Diga missed. I'm guessing I either got hit by a diga right before confusion landed or right after it ended.

Cool. And I silenced a Vanda and he didn't try to light me on fire! Let's hug it out.

I am very excited to level up my earth xbow bullets now. I'll have all 6 elements over 21 when I am done. That'd dedication. Or OCD. whatever. i have alife, seriously. i mean it.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 7, 2007, 10:38 AM

625-450=175
175x2=350

What I'm trying to say to him is that SE's can be used on more than one enemy! While he's putting his pathetic Frozen shot on Badiras, you can infect up to 6 them on average with dark shot, and watch the numbers fly. Also you have better options for killing smaller enemies other than a rifle.

Learn to play a damn Ranger 360ny!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-07 08:44 ]</font>

Pillan
Aug 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-08-07 06:37, -dis- wrote:
Cool. And I silenced a Vanda and he didn't try to light me on fire! Let's hug it out.

Eh, why not?

On 2007-08-07 06:37, -dis- wrote:
I am very excited to level up my earth xbow bullets now. I'll have all 6 elements over 21 when I am done. That'd dedication. Or OCD. whatever. i have alife, seriously. i mean it.

And, yeah, if you have no life, what does that make me for getting all 7 crossbows to 30?

But good luck with that. All bullets level like 5 times as fast as normal if you spam VoC S/S2 to level them, so you can get them up fast if you do that. Or you could always resort to the AFK bullet leveling as an alternative.

Niloklives
Aug 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-08-07 08:38, Sexy_Raine wrote:

What I'm trying to say to him is that SE's can be used on more than one enemy! While he's putting his pathetic Frozen shot on Badiras, you can infect up to 6 them on average with dark shot, and watch the numbers fly. Also you have better options for killing smaller enemies other than a rifle.

right, rifles are not meant for small/midsized enemies and mobs...my point was that he clearly stated that DoTs were worthless on large enemies. which is so far from the truth, they need to get patched through india to make contact. he's clearly inexperienced and insists on giving out false information to back up claims that he SHOULD just back down from.

And now that I've said that he'll just flame again as is his custom.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 8, 2007, 03:51 AM
On 2007-08-07 08:38, Sexy_Raine wrote:

625-450=175
175x2=350

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-07 08:44 ]</font>

Aww my pathetic frozen shot just killed the jarba that got me a halarod, while soloing.

Everyone has their own playing style, moron. If I like rifles, then so the F what?

Learn to play an RPG game the right way, HOWEVER YOU WANT.

EDIT: My "pathetic" frozen shot hits for 680, not too sure how it's "pathetic" or maybe that was the first word that you remembered from your favorite "butt-kissing for dummies" forum.

There's no specific way to be a gunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-08 03:03 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 05:35 AM
You're right. There is no specific way to be a gunner, but there are some basic truths that some of the better gunners follow. You don't HAVE to use them, but the people on this forum will actually give you some pretty good info if you listen to them. I've learned a great deal from other rangers here, and it has helped my game a lot. Instead of being all "This is the way I play. Suck it." You should try to learn something from players that have a different style than you. Try it, you may like it. I can personally attest to the fact that there are several weapon types I never would have invested in if it weren't for this forum.