PDA

View Full Version : AAARRRGGHHHH!!!! FSOD!!!!!!

hucasts_rock
Dec 23, 2002, 04:20 AM
this morning while I wuz getting my best rares out of the bank...FSOD struck...I lost magic rock "moola", NUG-2000 bazooka, technical croizer, and much more....I HATE THIS!!! PSO would be nearly perfect if FSOD was taken care of...it would be perfect without hackers or dupers...fortunately, I still have my two photon spheres, luminous field, striker of chao, and KAPU KAPU...thank goodness it doesn't delete equipped items http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2002-12-23 01:23 ]</font>

Maelkith
Dec 23, 2002, 06:51 AM
it always seems to strike me when i have a rare item or a ?special weapon. sometimes i think its an overactive anti-cheat sabotage sonic team has created. if i have a railgun +3 i can enter and leave games all day. but if i have a ?special weapon or unequiped rare armor its a guaranteed fsod.

do not attempt to enter or leave a game with unequiped rare items. doing so is almost sure to freeze your ngc.

i really think its a method to cull rares from the game. sonic team either messed up or they are doing it on purpose. i think that it is the later considering how much sonic team hates amerika-jin.

Oedi
Dec 23, 2002, 09:49 AM
On 2002-12-23 03:51, Maelkith wrote:
it always seems to strike me when i have a rare item or a ?special weapon. sometimes i think its an overactive anti-cheat sabotage sonic team has created. if i have a railgun +3 i can enter and leave games all day. but if i have a ?special weapon or unequiped rare armor its a guaranteed fsod.

do not attempt to enter or leave a game with unequiped rare items. doing so is almost sure to freeze your ngc.

i really think its a method to cull rares from the game. sonic team either messed up or they are doing it on purpose. i think that it is the later considering how much sonic team hates amerika-jin.

Hmm, I wasn't sure about this until you mentioned it. Every time I got FSODed was when I had an unequipped rare in my pocket. The worst I'd get is coming out of an online quest. I've been banking everything rare lately before leaving a room (except for equipped stuff) and haven't experienced another FSOD yet (knock on wood).

Thanks for the info.
-Oedi

SaitoH
Dec 23, 2002, 09:51 AM
That's bullcrap, plain and simple. An FSOD is a game crash, I can't tell you what causes it, but the same thing happens in other games ... like Metroid Prime for example.

The reason you lose unequipped stuff is to prevent duping. It's not a ploy by Sega, to make rares "more rare", simply anti-cheat countermeasures. I only carry 2 weapons at a time, max, to minimize possible losses. Fortunately, I haven't had an FSOD in almost 2 months.

Sorry for your loss, Hucasts_rock.

=_=;;

Maelkith
Dec 23, 2002, 12:36 PM
well SaitoH, if you want to test my theory just take out your best rares and try to leave a quest with them. do this during prime time while alot of people are lobby schleping. if you do it 5 times i bet you fsod. if you dont fsod then i am a moron. if you do fsod, remember i tried to warn you.

if i find a custom frame in heatsword, i always bank it before leaving. why? because i have lost 3 of them to fsod! i loaned my mind mag to someone during a quest, and they lost thier mag to fsod because mine was still equiped. i havent had many fsods lately since i started banking all but equipped items.

my post was meant to help people. i base my statement on the experiences of my friends as well as myself. conspiracy theory aside, it is a good idea to bank your items before leaving a game- offline or online.

KillerCC1101
Dec 23, 2002, 09:36 PM
that happened to me when i got.......LAVIS CANNON...i wanted to kill my cube...lol

Mello
Dec 23, 2002, 09:56 PM
What weird is that this is the FIRST game that Freezes your game AND takes away your game data http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

it must have to do with the "first" online game for gamecube

Mello
Dec 23, 2002, 09:56 PM
What weird is that this is the FIRST game that Freezes your game AND takes away your game data http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

it must have to do with the "first" online game.