PDA

View Full Version : should i?!?!?!

Nidramag
Jul 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
im going to be playing online, but mods, dont get me wrong this isnt about free servers, its because my main guy im using is a level 1XX force and its on a madcatz card giving it likely chance to corrupt upon online play, but i could start a new char on my official nintendo card, should i realy start over just for online?!?!?

D1ABOLIK
Jul 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yes,and you you should never buy third party again.

________
Cbr400 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR400)

Nidramag
Jul 29, 2007, 03:27 PM
the only reason i actually put data on it was because well, first off i KNEW online play on that card would corrupt it, ive been coming to PSO-world since 2003 and learned about it forever ago, but i never thought i would get the chance to play online!

concussionman
Jul 29, 2007, 05:00 PM
If you are using PSO-plus there is less chance for corruption, since it saves less during gameplay.

And unless your character is close to level 200, starting over isnt a big deal, especially if you might get corrupted and have to do it anyways. You might just save yourself some time.

echo2
Jul 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
concussionman,
thank you i never realized that using pso-plus would lower my chance of getting corrupted. how much lower do u think the chances are?

JapansRobo
Jul 31, 2007, 05:42 PM
Do you want me to help you train your new character up?

Tenakashi
Jul 31, 2007, 06:27 PM
Start a new character! New characters are fun, and having new IDs in Ultimate is a treat. You can always tweak the new character with all of the items you have on your current character and probably enter Ultimate offline somewhere in the 40's, level-wise. That really doesn't take that long. And then, of course, leveling up to in Ultimate to Lv 100 will be a breeze.

toly369
Aug 2, 2007, 10:21 PM
PSO+'s rate of corruption is extremely low. I have over 500 hours clocked on my current memory card (over 400 on 1 character alone LOL), which would probably have been impossible on regular PSO since I would always corrupt in the lower 100's. My friend corrupted with PSO+, but he was doing a lot of online play back when the official servers were still running, so that may have had an impact.

Altavista
Aug 3, 2007, 04:22 AM
We played a total of 700 hours on a memory card and only time we got corruption was when my brother played his normal character when it was still transfered. (Yeah he lost some levels but were able to get his stuff back from the transferred.

Nidramag
Aug 3, 2007, 07:59 AM
Well, i did make this new char like a week ago and hes level 70 XD he was really decked out with everything not to mention hes found quite a few shiny things on his own

JapansRobo
Aug 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-08-03 05:59, Nidramag wrote:
Well, i did make this new char like a week ago and hes level 70 XD he was really decked out with everything not to mention hes found quite a few shiny things on his own

What's your character's name?

Nidramag
Aug 6, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-08-03 15:33, JapansRobo wrote:

On 2007-08-03 05:59, Nidramag wrote:

What's your character's name?

katz .
yes, the one with all the item problems XD

destos
Aug 6, 2007, 08:02 PM
.....but couldnt u transfer your data or are u not using a game cube cause u could copy ure data to the slot b card couldnt u???

Nidramag
Aug 6, 2007, 08:05 PM
not for certain games
if people could copy PSO data..
it would be idiotic