PDA

View Full Version : Trading

Mortisx3
Jul 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
Can you get screwed over by trading items or is it pretty safe?

Golto
Jul 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
Some people will try to switch/remove items right before you confirm. I always take my time when doing trades with people I do not know.

RappyRobot
Jul 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
ppl also do bait and switch. ie they say yeah i got this 4 trade and then when you agree they usually say idk anymore how a bout this . just happened to me . most ppl are good but a lot of them suck too. be careful and dont let ppl take too long on the trade screen. if they take too long they are doing something dishonest .

Mortisx3
Jul 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
But a trade wont go through until both of you finalize it , so if they were to switch an item youd catch it before you okd it, if you were paying attention, right?

PALRAPPYS
Jul 29, 2007, 08:35 PM
I heard of a trade scam that could cause you to trade items even when you see the certain items. You trade what you have up, but the other person trades something else that's not shown, and what IS shown might not be up on their screen for them.

I'm not sure how you do it, but what I've heard about it is that if they cancel the finalization, that's where it starts. So if they cancel the finalization, just cancel the trade fully.

Mortisx3
Jul 29, 2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks just making sure there are no real ways to get screwed, just pay attention and it should all be ok!