PDA

View Full Version : whats going to happen

Escoffier
Jul 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
What do you think will happen to PSO? Do you think it's just going to die and everybody will forget about it and PSU will take over the world? lol...or do you think it might make a comeback? I know all games are eventually gonna die out but i mean like how soon do you think it will happen if it does die? its already dicontinued..so maybe people will play it to the last disk untl there is no more lol. just wanting some opinions on this matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jaspaller
Jul 31, 2007, 02:13 PM
More and more people are flocking to it but there are still those that will be willing to come back to it.

Banish
Jul 31, 2007, 02:21 PM
Eventually, it will crumble.

The whole PSO will be replaced by the general idea of PSU, perhaps PSU might evolve into PSUP or something, endless possiblilties.

yeah, nothing can last forever. But, as time goes on, PSO will remain as a fragment to the past, and never forgotten by all PSO Hunters.

There is less and less PSO disks I believe, and few are being manufactored. So, those who have PSO are lucky enough to have one, cause on online markets and such prices will go well over $50-70 at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-31 12:24 ]</font>

whenitsquiet
Jul 31, 2007, 04:17 PM
Well, for starts... none of my friends have heard of PSO, which might explain the down shift from PSO to PSU... but then again most of them haven't heard of PSU, so it is probably a mute point in my case. However, I have been trying to get people to play the game whenever there at my house or I whenever I got to someone's house that has a Gamecube. Unfortunately starting off in PSO is the worst part... it doesn't really get fun until your at least to Vhard. So maybe that explains why it may be declining, people not sticking with something...

DC_PLAYER
Jul 31, 2007, 04:20 PM
ppl still play old genesis games for a reason, sonic 1 for example, in a few years pso will have an even less popularity, but atleast some will recognize the game

MushiKuro
Jul 31, 2007, 04:42 PM
i think it's impossible, because PSO it's a game who you can have in computer, videogames and remain in our hearts and memorys(Please quote and say LOVELY!!!).

See ya!

X.X

DC_PLAYER
Jul 31, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-07-31 14:42, MushiKuro wrote:
i think it's impossible, because PSO it's a game who you can have in computer, videogames and remain in our hearts and memorys(Please quote and say LOVELY!!!).

See ya!

X.X

LOVELY!!!
well, all the games i liked are in my heart and i have atleast one thing to help me remind those days like music or movies, since i'm a PSO collector i have plenty of stuff to remind me of the game

EphekZ
Aug 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
heh, I'm taking a break from PSU and me and 2 of my buddies are going back to BB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-08-01 13:25 ]</font>

toly369
Aug 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah, people who didn't like PSO said it was too repetitive. You beat Normal, then you get to do it all again on Hard, then VHard. They didn't have the patience to get to the good part of the game (Ultimate) with all of the sweet weapons =(. Another reason is people's characters corrupting. Some people just don't want to go through everything again just to get back to where they were. I tried to get a friend of mine to play PSO and I gave him a 200 mag and tons of great items and weapons. I regret to say that I ruined the game for him. I took the fun out of fighting monsters (he could pretty much 1 hit everything with a normal attack) and hunting and finally getting an item you really want. He almost got to Ultimate, but corrupted and didn't want to play the game anymore. I don't think PSO will make a comeback, the disks are too rare and the rate of corruption on the regular game (not PSO+) is horrible. It also doesn't take long for a player to figure out that meseta is pretty worthless (with one character I got 999,999 in 4 bank accounts and about 300k in his inventory till I just started dying with it). The currency of the game should have had some purpose and a much higher limit, along with tekked special weapons selling for more than 10 meseta. I'll try to convince some of my friends to start playing it again, because I know I will until the disk deteriorates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Some of the most fun I've had in the game was on offline multiplayer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toly369 on 2007-08-01 19:21 ]</font>

MushiKuro
Aug 1, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-08-01 19:18, toly369 wrote:
Yeah, people who didn't like PSO said it was too repetitive. You beat Normal, then you get to do it all again on Hard, then VHard. They didn't have the patience to get to the good part of the game (Ultimate) with all of the sweet weapons =(. Another reason is people's characters corrupting. Some people just don't want to go through everything again just to get back to where they were. I tried to get a friend of mine to play PSO and I gave him a 200 mag and tons of great items and weapons. I regret to say that I ruined the game for him. I took the fun out of fighting monsters (he could pretty much 1 hit everything with a normal attack) and hunting and finally getting an item you really want. He almost got to Ultimate, but corrupted and didn't want to play the game anymore. I don't think PSO will make a comeback, the disks are too rare and the rate of corruption on the regular game (not PSO+) is horrible. It also doesn't take long for a player to figure out that meseta is pretty worthless (with one character I got 999,999 in 4 bank accounts and about 300k in his inventory till I just started dying with it). The currency of the game should have had some purpose and a much higher limit, along with tekked special weapons selling for more than 10 meseta. I'll try to convince some of my friends to start playing it again, because I know I will until the disk deteriorates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Some of the most fun I've had in the game was on offline multiplayer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toly369 on 2007-08-01 19:21 ]</font>

PSO is the one of the best Multiplayer Console games and MMORPGs, fighiting monster, looking for better itens and making Quests with your team mates is the way of a fun game, but, only a few titles(PSO in this question) can do that, it's why PSO is so much adcitive.

See ya!

X.X

Saphion
Aug 2, 2007, 04:22 AM
If Sonic Team had given enough attention to PSO that they're now giving to PSU, it would have gone a lot futher than it did.

toly369
Aug 2, 2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, but sadly even they never expected PSO would go this far -.-

Saigan
Aug 8, 2007, 01:56 AM
On 2007-08-02 20:14, toly369 wrote:
Yeah, but sadly even they never expected PSO would go this far -.-

Yeah they did. Did you see the commercial for it when it launched on Dreamcast? PSO is huge! Especially in Japan (although it's no Dragon Quest).

Also- people are still playing Phantasy Star 1 on the Master System for the first time. The good games never die.

Axel3792
Aug 8, 2007, 03:42 AM
Shoot, PSO will always remain one of my favorite games of all time... those of us here at PSOW will remember it, but outside of this realm, not many others will.

Manson
Aug 8, 2007, 04:00 AM
Gah..... Its so depressing my hours of game play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Is online mode still active???

SStrikerR
Aug 8, 2007, 08:04 AM
no online is not active unless you go to a private server, which the rules about WHAT you can say about them are very strict, so its best to keep it at that, and this of course, use google.

myles_master
Aug 8, 2007, 08:57 AM
You can always tell how good a game is by how long people play it. Just look at SSBM for example. That game has been out for over 2-3 years now and people still play it all the time. PSO has been out for longer than that. PSO is a great game that hopefully will never die.

cashizslick
Aug 8, 2007, 10:09 AM
It will only die if people refuse to join a new server and play online.

Luckily, the new servers community has been growing lately http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

whenitsquiet
Aug 8, 2007, 09:57 PM
For me, a strickly offline player (seeing as how attaing the proper equipment to go online is monetarily impossible) the game of PSO has been an adventure of trail and error. My friend introduced me to the game about 2-3 years back (pretty much when the Gamecube came out). I loved to play the game with him. I remember I would always ask him for good items, but he never game me but a lousy Master's Pallach. I hated his decision at the time, but him denying me rare and powerful weapons has enabled me to experience the thrill of finding red boxes that contain stronger weapons and armors than the ones I had equipped. It allowed me to enjoy the hardship and reward of a good hunt (especially going 4+ hours on Hard Ruins trying to get a Left Arm of Delsaber and finally finding the weapon and shield that I still use on Ultimate!)

However, my brother eventually stopped playing with me (since he tried to be a Force his first time playing PSO... and died almost every other hit. It's funny how he can mine for ores in Runescape for 4+ hours, but not use a Monomate and suck it up and try a little harder to experience the wonders of PSO) even with me trying to get him to change classes and that I'd help him out by giving him a decent MAG and weapons for a begining HU character. None of my inticing worker. After around 6 months of playing with me he stopped, which caused playing offline all by my lonesome to become the hardest ordeal so far of my PSO life (and yes, I mean life). I still can tell he remembers, for everytime he asks what I'm playing and I say PSO he sighs and leaves my room.

I struggled through Vhard mode, training for hours on end just to get 2 or 3 levels and still not be able to get past De Rol Le and pretty much ever creature in Mines. However, after setting down the game for about a year... I picked it up again, maxed out my MAG and came back with a vengence! Now, on Ultimate I am really learning the ropes of PSO finally... and doing 1 hour training runs and getting around 2 or 3 levels is such a great change! Although I can't get past a single room in Ultimate Caves without using up all of my TP, I know that 2 runs through Forest in an hours time (even without the boss and hitting all the rooms) yields me 2 levels or so.

All-in-all: PSO builds memories! But all memories come with the good and the bad, luckily most of mine have been good! Unfortunately for those impatient players like my brother who just want to get good in an instant like those other RPG's that imitate PSO's greatness, the memories are almost bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whenitsquiet on 2007-08-08 20:07 ]</font>