PDA

View Full Version : how many cats do you have and have owned?

Wyndham
Jul 31, 2007, 05:37 PM
I have 3, But I have had 11, and 7 at one time several years ago.

DikkyRay
Jul 31, 2007, 05:40 PM
this may be more suitable for fkl. But im not one to judge.
0. I want 1. My sister and dad hate cats though. So i doubt ill ever get one

Rubius-sama
Jul 31, 2007, 05:41 PM
None, but I hope to get one soon. Just love cats. RAWR!!!!!!!11 XD

Ryno
Jul 31, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-07-31 15:37, Wyndham wrote:
I have 3, But I have had 11, and 7 at one time several years ago.

ZERO! eww Cats! DOGS RULE!

so far one dog.. if you remember in the past that my dog rugbee died....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-07-31 15:53 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Jul 31, 2007, 06:32 PM
Currently, 4. We just got a new kitten the other day and our older female is livid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Let's see... I think 8 or so overall.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
I have 2, and I've owned 7 in total. Their names are:

Oscar
Pumpkin
Patches
Misty
Smokey
Oreo
Abby

Wyndham
Jul 31, 2007, 07:30 PM
names of mine:
Mini
Milo
Lemon
Seven
TJ
Shadow
Gwidiana
Milk
Tiger
Ichabod
LinkePoot

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wyndham on 2007-07-31 17:45 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Jul 31, 2007, 07:36 PM
Mine over the years:
Rezhyck
Chiarie
Artemis
Macleod (Mac)
Jasmine
Galen
Beren
Trinket (Our new kitten)

Sord
Jul 31, 2007, 07:51 PM
currently own 2 cats, overall 6

Angel
Some mean grey cat I didn't like and can't remember
Carcoal
Ginger
Furball/Princess/Kitty/Tough Cookie/whatever someone feels like calling her (furball for me)
Tachi

old
|
|
New

Kent
Jul 31, 2007, 08:12 PM
Owned? Like... 40-something...

Currently? ...Not that many. My stepfather likes to kill them (directly or indirectly...), so the number has been going down...

This is the same stepfather that believes different races of people shouldn't live in the same country, and that he hates other races because the Bible tells him to. :/

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2007, 08:19 PM
I don't have any right now. I'd like one, but I can't where I live.

I've had like over 50 of them in my life. There's a lot of farms nearby, and all our cats were always outdoor cats. So we'd end up picking up a lot of strays.

AlexCraig
Jul 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-07-31 18:12, Kent wrote:

Currently? ...Not that many. My stepfather likes to kill them (directly or indirectly...), so the number has been going down...

This is the same stepfather that believes different races of people shouldn't live in the same country, and that he hates other races because the Bible tells him to. :/

That is horrible!

Wyndham
Jul 31, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-07-31 18:12, Kent wrote:

well, that sucks.
one oppperson I know had a dad who did horrible things to cats.

Sord
Jul 31, 2007, 09:18 PM
I must say, that's pretty dreadful >_>

I'm reminded of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Black Cat" you can actually look it up and read it online free if you feel like it.

PJ
Jul 31, 2007, 09:34 PM
Allergic. So zero!

FOAtHeart
Jul 31, 2007, 09:37 PM
Just one, named Chester because I liked "Bunnicula" as a kid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/FOAtHeart/Bunnicula.jpg

Blitzkommando
Jul 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
Zero. Unless you count the kitten we had temporarily as I found it shaking in the cold, literally, last Thanksgiving on our front porch. My dog was barking (as she occasionally does) and when I went to investigate I noticed the kitten. Long story short we found someone to take the little fuzzball off our hands. When we took it to the vet it turned out it was a feral cat but we found it 'in time' for it to be well adjusted to humans (and dogs apparently because it would play with my dog, or more like my dog would play with it). He is apparently doing very well and is the largest cat that particular couple owns now.

astuarlen
Jul 31, 2007, 10:09 PM
As my mom has a tradition of keeping cats, extending back to childhood, we've had 3 over my lifetime. First was Randy, the little black cat whose tail I loved to pull (kids, the rotten monsters!), then Cinnamon, the orange blob, and finally Twister, the adorable and ill-behaved Hellcat. I don't ever plan on having pets of any sort in the future. Cats are cute, though, and upon seeing one I am inevitably reduced to cooing ridiculously over the li'l fuzzballs. I loathe dogs, though.

Split
Jul 31, 2007, 10:13 PM
I don't like cats, they aren't that friendly. Dogs are dumber, yeah, but that's why I like them. And they're friendlier.

AlexCraig
Jul 31, 2007, 10:14 PM
I don't know. My cats have always been friendly. Maybe it is just the cats you've known.

Weeaboolits
Jul 31, 2007, 11:22 PM
I had two, but now only one, my stepdad said he ran the other over, but he may have just left it somewhere, I don't really know. :/

Lyrix
Jul 31, 2007, 11:47 PM
my dads allergic, so i dont have any, but i like dogs more anyways, and im pretty sure we'll always have one ^.^

-Crokar-
Aug 1, 2007, 02:32 AM
have had over 50 cats only 1 now and its 12. i have 4 daogs oldest being 16 and her puppies are also 12

SubstanceD
Aug 1, 2007, 05:07 AM
At the moment, 2. Thier names are Muffin and Molly.

DurakkenX
Aug 1, 2007, 07:31 AM
including kittens...too many.

named cats...6...with kittens 20 or so... 3 currently
named dogs... 7...with puppies, about 14...1 currently living at the house
3+ bunnies
10+ fish
4+ birds
2+ hamsters

who know what else i've lived with >.>

Zeota
Aug 2, 2007, 06:05 PM
I've had my share of the little furballs growing up. I've had maybe 5 or 6 that I can remember.

Benjie (Ran away, for some reason)
Figaro (Coyote chow)
Gizmo (Unknown)
Cuddles (Died in an altercation with another cat)
Elliot (Gave away to my mom's co-worker before we moved to Japan)
Katie (Same as above)

After moving to Japan, my parents started buying some really expensive furniture, and didn't want to risk damage from anymore cats, and as a result we have dogs now instead. Haven't owned a cat since 1990.

I may get one when I finish school and get a pad of my own.

Like Durakken, I too lived with several different pets over the years.

2 rabbits
10+ dogs (including puppies from one of our pugs, that died in 2005)
2 turtles
2 birds
God knows how many fish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEpyon00 on 2007-08-02 16:08 ]</font>

Fure_Rakune
Aug 4, 2007, 01:49 AM
Ive had a total of 5 cats, 3 are on the active roster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Our first cat was Patches, we saved him and one more kitten (whom my mothers co-worker cared for) from certain doom. Their mom died passed during labor and we had the task of caring for him, bottle feeding him, etc. He was a damn good cat, however he disappeared one night, our neighborhood used to have a coyote problem years back.
Our second cat was Kitty Cat Buttons, or K.C. Butones (said in a french accent for the hell of it). A siamese/persian mix = one gorgeous cat. He was well behaved and had awesome mannerisms, such as laying on his side at your feet. This was a cue that he wanted you to rub him all over the carpet with your feet. We only had him for roughly two years before, you guessed it, coyotes.
After that loss we were pretty heavy hearted and didnt want to deal with another coyote incident but as luck would have it, we took in two cats who were saved from a litter on a boat. These two cats belonged to my brother, he named his Sailor, and my sisters cat: Mia. Theyre still around to this day, theyre almost three now.
And then there is my catten, undeniably the best catten in the world. In fact, shes so great, she found me! Yes yes, one day in the summer of 05, my pals and I were smoking underneath the treefort in my backyard when we heard a scuttle above us. I thought it was Sailor or Mia and investigated, to my suprise it was two lil kittens, a pure black one and my beautiful chartreux, Llok.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5091/llocjr8.jpg
Her name is an acronym that stands for Lovable Lump of Kitten. Shes truly unique in every way, she drinks only by dipping her paw in her bowl then licking her paw (needless to say it takes her a while to quench her thirst) her meow is the most precious sound Ive ever heard and I usually wake up to her meowing at my door. But the best thing about my Llok is that I taught her to sit, a feat most friends do not believe until I show them.
Mmyep, cats can be great animals if you ween em from the young stages!