PDA

View Full Version : My Brother Bought a PS3

PJ
Jul 31, 2007, 09:44 PM
And on the car ride home, this is what he said.

"I'm sure some good games will come out for it eventually."

WHAT?

You bought a $700 system, and you don't even know what the fuck you're gonna do with it? Sonic the Hedgehog, because you know, we don't believe what the reviewers say (It's true, I did enjoy playing this game), and Armored Core 4 (And this one actually IS amazing), 2 games right now.

For $700.

Fucking yeesh. I thought he had atleast put more thought into it when he purchased the damn thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

MrNomad
Jul 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-07-31 19:44, PJ wrote:
And on the car ride home, this is what he said.

"I'm sure some good games will come out for it eventually."

WHAT?

You bought a $700 system, and you don't even know what the fuck you're gonna do with it? Sonic the Hedgehog, because you know, we don't believe what the reviewers say (It's true, I did enjoy playing this game), and Armored Core 4 (And this one actually IS amazing), 2 games right now.

For $700.

Fucking yeesh. I thought he had atleast put more thought into it when he purchased the damn thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well, final fantasy and metal gear if it helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif those ARE PS exclusive, along with w/e else Sonic/AC games go on the ps3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2007-07-31 20:01 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jul 31, 2007, 11:59 PM
Warhawk 2, Lair, White Knight, etc? The games are coming out, it's just abit of a waiting game. Though he should have bought the system because he has specific games he wants; if there aren't any out now, he should have waited and by the time some peaked his interest, maybe the system would have gotten a price-cut. Ah well, his money right?

Powder Keg
Jul 31, 2007, 11:59 PM
No one knows for sure if they're going to stay exclusive.

Also, tell your brother I said I'm sorry.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 1, 2007, 02:15 AM
How was the system $700?

Squall179
Aug 1, 2007, 04:36 AM
sorry to say but Sonic and AC are not exclusives

ShinMaruku
Aug 1, 2007, 05:41 AM
A good choice.
MGS,FF and them insane Sony games maketh it worth it. Plus all them RPGs.

People give the PS3 shit for no reason now.

Mystil
Aug 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
It was the same way when I bought my 360. I'm going to sell mine eventually.

amtalx
Aug 1, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-08-01 03:41, ShinMaruku wrote:
A good choice.

People have perfectly good reason to give PS3 shit. Right now its just a Blu-Ray player. Sure, there will be good games in the future. But for NOW, its a prohibitively expensive system with crap for games. I'd rather wait for a price drop, a decent game, a package deal, SOMETHING before I throw out that kind of cash.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
On 2007-08-01 05:31, amtalx wrote:

A good choice.

People have perfectly good reason to give PS3 shit. Right now its just a Blu-Ray player. Sure, there will be good games in the future. But for NOW, its a prohibitively expensive system with crap for games. I'd rather wait for a price drop, a decent game, a package deal, SOMETHING before I throw out that kind of cash.

But wait untill the end of the year when the Blu Ray industry MUST change to use the interactive features that they can't currently do now. PS3's are going to be even more of a useless player than they already are.

I laugh at those that believe in Blu Ray. HD can already do many things, ESPECIALLY better quality than Blu Ray could ever do.

Then again, I feel that both formats are going to lose to the plain DVD format, but that's another argument for another time.

Sekani
Aug 1, 2007, 09:20 AM
On 2007-08-01 05:31, amtalx wrote:

A good choice.

A real price drop, not the fake-out we got last month. I'm starting to think that Sony just hates its customers (but will tolerate them if they spend enough money).

PJ
Aug 1, 2007, 09:56 AM
A good choice.

It's not gonna be an attack on the system when I say...

...it was not a good choice.

I didn't mention it in the original post, cause the point of it was what he said, the, "Some games will come out eventually" bit.

He wanted to get it because of a bet. I'm not even sure how the stupid argument started (It wasn't with me, it was with another brother), but it was November 26, 2006. I know this, because the bet was that he'd get a PS3 by November 26, 2007. No particular reason, really. Armored Core I didn't know wasn't exclusive, but I only recently discovered that game, and Sonic was on the 360 anyways. I don't understand why he didn't just get into an argument about buying a 360, because at this point (Even still, almost a year later) it feels like the better purchase if he wanted Sonic.

I'm sure he threw into MGS4 into the equation, but, again, it's a good thing it's his money.

Well, kind of his money.

So after this tyrade, he went out to look for a job, and was unsuccesful. In Febuary, he was going to an interview or something to see if he was legible (Don't even know if that's the right word) to get money from the government for his autism. And I'm gonna say it here; my brother functions on a higher level than a lot of the kids at my school, despite having autism. If no one can tell, and if they're REALLY surprised when they tell you they have it, how can the government think he functions so badly that he needs help? But I digress some more. So, every month he gets $700 for sitting on his ass. And he's really at a disadvantage if he gets a job; the money he earns will be subtracted from the money the government gives him, and if he earns over $700 in one pay period, they'll stop paying him forever, even after he loses his job, and he'll lose all the other benefits he gets from it. But at this point, I've gone into a different rant entirely.

So he gets $700 a month for sitting on his ass and doing nothing. So, obviously, he can afford to blow it on something he's not even sure what he wants with it.

You know what? My point is dumb. He got a PS3. It was a stupid thing to do if he doesn't know what's even coming. Like those 3 titles Abdur mentioned? We've never heard of 'em. Just... a little thought outside would have been nice.

I could also rant why I wouldn't buy a PS3, because I don't care for Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy, but it's not my PS3 anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: And it's $700 because I'm in Canada http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-08-01 09:37 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Aug 1, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-07-31 21:59, Artea wrote:
No one knows for sure if they're going to stay exclusive.

I think Sony stated that they were infact staying exculusive.
FFXIII's original is staying exclusive for sure. the 500 ripoffs of it probably won't

amtalx
Aug 1, 2007, 12:35 PM
As it stands, Square Enix's exact words are "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page." Not really sure what that means but it amounts to "probably not" and it doesn't matter what Sony says because we all know they are full of $#!%. Where's my Gran Turismo HD and dual HDMI? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Anyway, MGS4 is currently on the fence. Konami has been very tight-lipped about it, but they also refuse to dispel anything amidst a storm of speculation like Square Enix did with FF, so who knows. I've actually worked with Konami and they are and excellent company. If they are as smart as I think they are, they will port it to 360 after a few months of release on PS3 so they might actually be able to turn a profit on their investment.

Ryno
Aug 1, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-08-01 00:15, Shattered_weasel wrote:
How was the system $700?

mine was $947

because of a
game,
extra controller,
other cords for HDTV,
and Warranty

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-08-01 11:24 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 1, 2007, 03:17 PM
A good choice.

Just like how you can say that for no reason, right?

Nobody who's actually involved with the aforementioned specific games has said that they will not come to another system. In fact, people from Konami and Square Enix have both said that it's not an impossibility.

Granted, there are some people who say things without thinking (also known as idiots), but there are plenty of logical, coherent, and valid reasons to look down apon the PlayStation 3 - the most common of which, is lack of interesting and compelling games currently available. Resistance, what is currently hailed as the best PS3-exclusive game so far... Is really sub-par compared to many first-person shooters available for the 360. Even Perfect Dark Zero, a launch title for the 360, was more innovative and controls better than Resistance does.

On 2007-08-01 10:35, amtalx wrote:
As it stands, Square Enix's exact words are "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."
Blank page means... They haven't made any decisions about it.

Anyway, MGS4 is currently on the fence. Konami has been very tight-lipped about it, but they also refuse to dispel anything amidst a storm of speculation like Square Enix did with FF, so who knows. I've actually worked with Konami and they are and excellent company. If they are as smart as I think they are, they will port it to 360 after a few months of release on PS3 so they might actually be able to turn a profit on their investment.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will sell systems, regardless of what platform it's on.

If anything, I wouldn't doubt that Sony is paying Konami to keep their mouths shut until after the release of MGS4, in order to get people thinking they need to buy the PS3 to play it. They "don't buy exclusives," after all...

On 2007-08-01 11:23, Ryno wrote:

On 2007-08-01 00:15, Shattered_weasel wrote:
How was the system $700?

mine was $947

because of a
game,
extra controller,
other cords for HDTV,
and Warranty

...Because those totally come with the system, and therefore, are included in the system's price.

Mystil
Aug 1, 2007, 07:27 PM
It seems I'm the only one who thinks the 360's library blows. The PS3 actually has what I want, but I don't have 500+ to spend anymore.

Para
Aug 1, 2007, 07:32 PM
Hey the PS3 gets UT3 thats also a nice game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sekani
Aug 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-08-01 17:27, Mystil wrote:
It seems I'm the only one who thinks the 360's library blows. The PS3 actually has what I want, but I don't have 500+ to spend anymore.

Yeah, you're definitely in the minority. Out of curiosity though, what's on the PS3 that you like so much?

amtalx
Aug 2, 2007, 06:46 AM
On 2007-08-01 13:17, Kent wrote:

Anyway, MGS4 is currently on the fence. Konami has been very tight-lipped about it, but they also refuse to dispel anything amidst a storm of speculation like Square Enix did with FF, so who knows. I've actually worked with Konami and they are and excellent company. If they are as smart as I think they are, they will port it to 360 after a few months of release on PS3 so they might actually be able to turn a profit on their investment.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will sell systems, regardless of what platform it's on.

If anything, I wouldn't doubt that Sony is paying Konami to keep their mouths shut until after the release of MGS4, in order to get people thinking they need to buy the PS3 to play it. They "don't buy exclusives," after all...

You will make more money off a platform that already has an installed base. Particularly when its several times larger. Just a fact of the industry.

Mystil
Aug 2, 2007, 06:59 AM
On 2007-08-01 17:33, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-08-01 17:27, Mystil wrote:

Yeah, you're definitely in the minority. Out of curiosity though, what's on the PS3 that you like so much?

I'll have to come back to you on that one, but one of them has this samarai chick on the front http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Disgaea 3 is coming to the PS3.

The only thing that's keeping me from selling my 360 is patience. When the FUCK is Eternal Sonata gonna come out >_>.

The games on my gamer tag is all I have(minus SF, since that's a marketplace DL)

MrNomad
Aug 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-08-01 02:36, Squall179 wrote:
sorry to say but Sonic and AC are not exclusives

Well I mean that because of the wii and ds, there ARE going to be Sonic games that are exclusive to any console or handheld not made by nintendo. Afterall, wii players got Sonic/Secret Rings while ps3/360 players got Sonic2006, and now there's gonna be a sonic rivals sequel only on psp and a sonic rush sequel only for DS, as well as the mario and sonic Olympics game for wii and DS only http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And ill pwn any online players with my super sonic speed when I get M&S on DS :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2007-08-02 10:05 ]</font>