PDA

View Full Version : GC: Hello All. About Character classes.........

DanceOfTheDeer
Dec 23, 2002, 05:45 PM
Hello, Im gonna get PSO for gamecube on christmas and i was wonderin which character class i should pick. Im stuck between either a HUcast or HUmar. Which one should i pick??????????

IceBlink
Dec 23, 2002, 05:49 PM
Welcome to PSOW. ^_^

On 2002-12-23 14:45, DanceOfTheDeer wrote:
Hello, Im gonna get PSO for gamecube on christmas and i was wonderin which character class i should pick. Im stuck between either a HUcast or HUmar. Which one should i pick??????????

Depends on personal taste. You want power, be HUcast. You want mix of lesser power and techs to balance, be HUmar.

Either way, any hunter-class will find it easy at the start. ^_^ Er... until you get to harder levels. o_O Be aware that as HUcast, you must heal via other peoples' help or item usage. As a HUmar, you'll be able to heal yourself using techs (spells).

Furion
Dec 23, 2002, 06:08 PM
Well, I'm prolly gonna have both...but mainly a HUmar. I'll use my HUcast for battles, cuz I love layin down traps:)

Robantifast
Dec 23, 2002, 06:14 PM
Eh...I asked the same question earlier...I had a horde of people recommend the HUnewearl. Shifta/Deband on a hunter is quite good. However, between those I'd probly go with HUmar because I've played one for so long and can tell you that they're a good bit of fun to play. HUcasts will be more challenging, but they are a lot more powerful physically. I'm going with a HUcast on GC because HUmars can't cast Shifta/Deband so I'd rather just have a HUcast with more power and using a Draw class of weapon for when I'm taking little damage and mates for massive damage. *shrugs* My two cents. Either class will be fun because PSO is fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mike
Dec 23, 2002, 06:53 PM
Yup yup.
Either is good. I like the cast/caseal classes because they don't spend as much on fluids. But then again, the spells of the HUmar make him a bit more powerful. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TeamPhalanx
Dec 23, 2002, 07:02 PM
If you're in it for the long haul (talking 200 + hours), go with HUcast. You'll have it easy at first, then things will really get hard, but once you start getting the HUGE HP and ATP bonuses, you are king.

HUmar is good for those who are just starting out or don't plan on investing inordinate time in the game.

Drayma
Dec 23, 2002, 07:20 PM
Dreamcast PSO info might still be usefull but ignore the stats part

Date Posted: 6:36pm ~~~Ngamer007's official unbiased starting a new character guide~~~

So you're interested in starting a new character? Have you thought and considered? But not sure which to pick? Are you afraid you'll choose one that people say is good, only to find out your stats are beaten at level 50 by another race?

You've come to the correct place my friend.

A) Are you starting out as a newbie to PSO?
B) You don't mind leveling up at a slower pace, but want a longer lasting character.
C) You want to be a leader in battle
D) You like guns, and don't want to move around much while fighting
E) You want to run around and slash at bad guys.
F) You want to be a fast leveler, and a strong fighter online.

A) If you are a newbie, I would say go with a HUmar. They have some of the best stats in the game, and are very easy to use.

B) So you don't care about leveling up slower then the rest? Because andriods cannot use magic, making them miss many kills in the battle. But when at lvl 100, the andriod class has very high HP, and have mainly better stats (with the exception of Racast as his stats are basically Ramars without MST). Ramar and Racaseal will level up faster then Hucast, as they can use shot types. I am not counting Spread Needle in this description.

C) So you want to be a leader in battle, and dont care about the type stats and looks? I would choose these out of the 3 types, for a leader in battle: HUNTER: Hunewearl, she has the same ATP but much more MST then Humar so she can use much better grants razonde etc? RANGER: Ramar, I would pick Racaseal but Ramar has a slight leveling up and hitting bonus as he has technique powers. FORCE: Fomarl, she has the best HP, ATP, ATA of the forces, although her TP is slightly lower, not by much, her MST is the same as the other forces when maxed.

D) Choose a Ranger type, because I recommend playing as a type you will be happy with, choose who you want to play as, not who is the best. If you want to use guns and that is the MAIN reason you are choosing D, then go with who you like. If there is another reason for being a Ranger, you might not go with who you like.

E) Choose a hunter type definitely. Any other type and you will be creamed. If you are going to play online ONLY, and almost never offline, and you already have plenty of trusted friends, you may want to consider Hucast. Hucast can max his HP easiest of all the characters, but his ATP is the same as the other Hunters. If you have played more then 100 hours go with Hunewearl, lower then 100 hours, stick with something simple, a Humar.

F) Force is the fastest leveler, online. He/she has the most TP and strongest MST so you can get the most hits without even swinging your weapon. At low levels a force may seem like a set back to the rest of the team, but in the 60+ levels you start seeing results. With a soul eater using special, you can do around 400 per guy you hit. And that ISNT bad at all, plus considering you got all that TP to heal you, and support the battles easier.

Still haven't decided? Here is a summary of each type:

Humar-
A Hunter Human
HU=Hunter
Mar=Male Human
Great for beginners, or those that just want an overly powerful character, even if they don't need it. The uses of multi hit weapons are great with this type because of the high ATP at max (710). He has ok MST and OK TP amount.

Hunewearl-
A Hunter Newman
HU=Hunter
Newearl=Female Newman
Those who have become better at the game of PSO should choose Hunewearl over Humar. Mainly because of the same huge amount of ATP (710 at max). Although she has slightly lower HP, her technique skill is a good amount over Humar's. She has good MST and a good TP amount.

Hucast-
A Hunter Andriod
HU=Hunter
Cast=Andriod With Male Characteristics
The ones that always play online, and want the HP boost of the Hucast, here's your chance. He levels up slowest of all in the entire game due to no MST and no ability to use shots. Higher HP, but the same max ATP (710). He has no MST and no TP.

Ramar-
A Ranger Human
RA=Ranger
Mar=Human
He is basically the same stats as a Racast but with MST. His ATP is a lot lower then that of the hunters, because of his long range usage, and his HP is lower too. If you want to be a Ranger, but you are a exp freak and you must level up fast, then go with him. He is the only non andriod Ranger. He has worse then OK MST, but not bad, and he has bad TP.

Racast-
A Ranger Andriod
RA=Ranger
Cast=Andriod With Male Characteristics
He is basically the same stats as a Ramar but without MST. Again, he has lower ATP and HP then Hunters, but had better HP then Ramar's. I would only say go with him, if you like the looks. He has no MST and no TP.

Racaseal-
A Ranger Andriod
RA=Ranger
Caseal=Andriod With Female Characteristics
She is the choice of most experienced PSO players over Racast. The same as all andriods, no techniques, she has the slight advantage of some better stats over Racast. She has no MST and no TP.

Fonewm-
A Force Newman
FO=Force
Newm=Male Newman
He is the platform shoes force. All forces max at the same MST, but they all have different TP. Fonewm's being the largest by a tiny bit. His ATA is a tiny bit higher then Fonewearls that it is barely notable. He has higher HP then Fonewearl, but lower then Fomarl. He has great MST and great TP.

Fonewearl-
A Force Newman
FO=Force
Newearl=Female Newman
She has higher defense then Fonewm, but lower HP, making her worse for close range. The HP difference is very close, so it isnt that bad. Her evasion is really good, and accuracy is the worst in the game by 1 point. She has the second best TP and the same MST as all the other forces. Great MST, great TP.

Fomarl-
A Force Human
FO=Force
Marl=Female Human
The only female Human in the game. She had much better HP,ATP,ATA then the rest of the forces that is puts her far ahead. Although she gets hit more with her lower evasion, she is the best suited for using the power weapons. Her MST is the same as all other Forces, and her TP is lower by about 20. Nothing that will ever matter. Great MST, great TP.

I hope this guide helps you decide. Remember, your character cannot be changed, so go with what YOU LIKE, not with what you think is the strongest. That is the KEY to having fun in PSO.

Disclaimer: I wrote this and it took a very long time to type, do not steal it from me as I am going to use it on future

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2002-12-23 16:23 ]</font>