PDA

View Full Version : PA Leveling Question.

Powder Keg
Aug 3, 2007, 01:47 AM
I was never sure of this, and everyone I have asked didn't seem 100% sure.

When using techniques that hit multiple enemies, do you actually gain more experience the more enemies you hit? Or is it just a set amount of exp per hit per cast.

Just to toss an example out there, am I getting more experience by hitting three enemies with a single barta or a single instance of dammegid rather than only one?

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-08-02 23:47, Artea wrote:
I was never sure of this, and everyone I have asked didn't seem 100% sure.

When using techniques that hit multiple enemies, do you actually gain more experience the more enemies you hit? Or is it just a set amount of exp per hit per cast.

Just to toss an example out there, am I getting more experience by hitting three enemies with a single barta or a single instance of dammegid rather than only one?

i seemed to get much more exp from hitting more enemies

beatrixkiddo
Aug 3, 2007, 01:51 AM
Pretty much every tech/PA counts exp by target hit. Probably all of them, but I don't want to say that without proof.

Hatemachine
Aug 3, 2007, 03:12 AM
Well for spells I'm pretty certain it levels faster with more targets Buff and debuff parties kinda show that theory more targets = faster gains but thats with spells.

What about a shotgun or a crossbow if say all 3 shots are focused on 1 creature does it level the same if it hits 3 targets as opposed to the 1?

Miyoko
Aug 3, 2007, 03:21 AM
For shotguns, I don't think it matters if you hit 1 target 3 times, or three targets one time each. However, it's faster to level the shotgun up on groups, due to the fact that one bullet can hit two enemies. I've got a screenshot of a 4-shot spread hitting 5 enemies if anyone doesn't believe me ;p

Powder Keg
Aug 3, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the bullets level faster as long as each bullet is hitting something, whether it be one enemy or not. I just got Reisei-shiki to level 30 last night, and I'll say that it's leveled REALLY fast since it's been to level 11.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
Techs/bullets will lv faster when you hit more enemies. This makes a big difference when lv'ing dam- techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-03 09:50 ]</font>

Mikura
Aug 3, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-08-03 09:48, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Techs/bullets will lv faster when you hit more enemies. This makes a big difference when lv'ing dam- techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-03 09:50 ]</font>

Pretty sure this goes for melee PAs too. I've noticed PAs that hit multiple enemies lvl much much faster than ones that only hit a single target. Tornado Break for example lvled extremely fast compared to Spinning Break for sword. So regardless if it's melee, tech, or bullet, more targets = more exp.

GuardianPoe
Aug 3, 2007, 12:33 PM
Everything I've seen while playing suggests damage is the thing that causes PAs to level, not merely hits. I used a C rank knuckle for a long while (as my B rank broke while grinding) and the PA took forever to level up. Many of my PAs have been steadily leveling more quickly lately, as I'm cumulatively doing more damage. Hitting multiple enemies is good, however, as it means you're doing more damage for each hit (or perhaps in the case of shotguns, achieving multiple hits might be a better way of terming it).

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 03:52 PM
it has nothing to do with damage. its number of hits and only number of hits. this is true for every kind of PA

Fure_Rakune
Aug 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
More hits = more exp. gained for the PA.
Damage has nothing to do with exp. gained.
Topic over!

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
Number or targets and hits of all PA'S

KidoKresh
Aug 3, 2007, 03:57 PM
yes, the more monsters you hit with the PA the more the % goes up... just not shotguns just hit all the bullets on one monster and you get the same % EXP. I think that is the only one.

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 04:03 PM
no...its the same for all...only think is most PAs can only hit an enemy once. but a skill hitting two enemies is the same as hitting a single enemy with two targets. that said its really easy to lvl shotties since the bullets have splash. you can hit 6/8/10 times with every shot.

but its just number of hits. more enemies simply end up adding more hits...thats it...thats really....really it