PDA

View Full Version : Arika Video Center (guide by video )-added golmoro guide-

Arika
Aug 4, 2007, 08:43 AM
Welcome to Arika Video Center!!
This page will contain many of Arika videos which mostly include guides and strategies inside meow~!!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Cost of Research guideline and Zoal Goug weak point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeH5vzz0Mo
(fTxfF, duo CoR S2 8 min)

Kog Nadd(x3) are resist-tech enemies, and they alway interrupt your PA combo and slow down your hunting time. The best way to kill him is nanoblast ,if you can manage to have some1 healing you.
Zoal Goug whole body is resist tech. This is very troublesome to techer to kill him fast. However,sometimes, there is a huge big chance when he lower his head down to breath thunder balls. that is it, his head is really non-resist to anything. So, be aware to hit his head if you have a chance

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Dual Sentinel x Duo in 13 min !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nrq92My7oE (B1 until boss)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FflIxgj3LLc (Boss)

This video was made because someone in this topic requested a vid of Dual Sentinel S2 within 14 min , so I just tried it once and recorded it.
This is first time for me to duo TA with cherry as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
(Thus, This video wasn't made to be a guide. However, it can serve as a little guideline for fTs too )

After that, we tried it again without NPCs, and got a much better result : http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2305/psu20070816232956006yk7.jpg

Sub guide : Golmoro
Golmoro is very annoying enemy for every job, as a fT you can kill them very easy with
1. 38% light yamata + jellen ( in my shop Phantasy Star co. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
2. 50% light yamata ,so you won't need to cast jellen now, but the cost is ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif:
3. Ramegid or Dambarta, but this gonna be slow XP

Grove of Fanatic S2 in less than 14 min

I m a fT, so this is not the best combination for this mission. I bet if I was a fG, I might be able to do it in 10-11 min. This video includes a strategy on hiting Degahna's weak point, if you can do enough damage he will never move or warp. If not well he will warp and make things longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amK0ZLrkQzg (part1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtgNwfbME (part2)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Sleeping warrior S2 solo(+NPCs) ~An easy way to beat Svaltus for fT/WT?~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb56PQOLOs&mode=related&search=

This video shows a very easy way of killing svaltus that many fTs seem to ignore.
It's my first guide and I got very good feedback from many fTs ^_^

Important Notice Be a jealously troll or a gentleman ?

***No offense ,but No trolling please! these are just guidelines if you think there's a better way to do things please do tell me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif"***

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-26 05:17 ]</font>

darkante
Aug 4, 2007, 09:48 AM
Nice video there, btw..is it worth spending time on Razonde to destroy them if i donīt feel like getting Megid?
Iīm not up in your level yet but..just wondering.

Arika
Aug 4, 2007, 10:12 AM
Yes, it is, when I m solo and when I m with other pure damage type player, I alway use GIzonde!!
I only use megid when I m with instant death type player

darkante
Aug 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
Ohh alright then.
Time to invest some time in "Heaven Strike" as i like to call lightning bolt, haha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arika
Aug 4, 2007, 10:46 PM
btw, some1 PM me about, why don't both of you just go to his back and let fG spear,
the answer is : because we don't use NPC in "duo" some1 must be his target!! unless he will turn around and move around.

BahnKnakyu
Aug 5, 2007, 07:37 PM
Are you even a female?

Nika
Aug 6, 2007, 07:09 AM
Nice, work , I like the last part.

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 11:00 AM
FT = Lock into his back with Nosdiga

Everyone else = Lock into his back with Dus Daggas.

Hint: He will target someone, and if EVERYONE is locked in behind him....

Niloklives
Aug 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
before I watch this: please tell me you killed everything. and didn'y skip unneccsary parts.

also if you're talking instant death, it's completely luck based, so that time isn't reliable...just a reminder to people if you're not getting the same kind of times.

Arika
Aug 7, 2007, 09:44 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif to NIloklive, I will let you to see the video first then I ll tell you later,(in fact u will see I written it in my Vid comment)
and the luck based never different more than +1/-1 min per run lol
well from what I see many ppl here like to post a reply before ..
1. try it by yourself first (and it should be many runs, to confirm what u say is partial correct )
2. comment before see the video XD

this is same as discussing about "how does the food that you never been eaten before taste ?"

I m alway welcome to discuss any question relate to my vid, you can see form the last vid that I reply many ppl, but you have need some experience before discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-07 20:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-07 23:29 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Aug 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
is it just me or do you not seem to be doing all that much in part 1 of the video. I mean, using megids for 650 a hit, with a really slow cast rate and a couple of card throws, and foie tosses does not a speed run make.

the fG I guess is doing all the work?

Arika
Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
yes I will tell you that the work of megid is not good as killershot
fT best thing to do there is GIzonde, but it become useless if you tag with killershot,
so "Adjust yourself to support the other one", this is the role of fT.
this 2 class combine is not fastest
fT x2 duo can do faster
and fG x2 duo can do fastest!

note: this is same to other job, if a fF come, he will be useless until fighting boss
but, fT is not that bad, you can see from so many 200+ exp in teh vid that is the enemies died from megid

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-07 20:42 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Aug 7, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-08-07 20:14, SolomonGrundy wrote:
is it just me or do you not seem to be doing all that much in part 1 of the video. I mean, using megids for 650 a hit, with a really slow cast rate and a couple of card throws, and foie tosses does not a speed run make.

the fG I guess is doing all the work?

Megid is how a Force answers Killer Shot. While it's much slower to use and leaves you open to enemy attack, it can hit multiple robots at once. Better than trying to fight with just Foie or Gizonde or something.

Midicronica
Aug 8, 2007, 03:30 AM
I just want to know the name of that song during the boss battle.

Gen2000
Aug 8, 2007, 06:42 AM
The song during the battle was the second opening theme song of Mai-Otome, instrumental version called "Crystal Energy".

Arika
Aug 8, 2007, 08:46 AM
that will be my theme music from now on to every video lol~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 09:27 AM
I just want to know how you can take this person seriously...

I didn't watch the video, but let me guess: You ran the block with ONLY robots (no newmans) and used killer shot the whole way. Bra-fucking-vo, you are a genius.

Sekani
Aug 8, 2007, 09:47 AM
Killer shot and megid spam, check.

No female newmans during the entire run, check.

Boss never targets force during the entire battle, choosing to just stand there and take a ton of nosdiga spam to his rear end, wtf?

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-08-08 07:27, JAFO22000 wrote:
I just want to know how you can take this person seriously...

I didn't watch the video, but let me guess: You ran the block with ONLY robots (no newmans) and used killer shot the whole way. Bra-fucking-vo, you are a genius.

There are forces in the video, but those can be exercised pretty quickly with some Zagenga to the face. Yes, lots of Killer Shot an Megid. That seems pretty standard though. I did however learn something about the boss. Altogether, not a bad show, but nothing really groundbreaking.

CelestialBlade
Aug 8, 2007, 11:19 AM
The female Armed Servants are the only enemies I have trouble with in that mission, because of their stupid freaking Resta. The male ones are easy, either Zagenga them to death or use a Fire or Dark Crossbow and let Burn or Virus waste them away. I normally just Abandon if I run into the female ones, still looking for a good way to get rid of them.

Gen2000
Aug 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
I find the female enemy newmans are only a problem because of how fast they move, especially then are against the walls and use that hax sliding speed movement thing (other enemies can do this as well but they are the most annoying with it).

If you just blitz em with fast damage they die pretty easily though, also if you have an Xbow, carry a knockdown melee weapon too. Shunbu, Buten or Rising Strike are all good (I prefer the Dagger PAs) as long as it knocks them down allowing you to pour more point-blank damage into them without them having a chance to move, cast Resta, or worse (imo) the Jellen. Even if the others try to Resta their friend you'll be doing so much DPS with the combo of point-blank Xbows and melee PAs that one you're targetting will be dead quickly anyways.

You can also use Burn Rifle on one at a time for a fast kill too, Rapid-firing it is even better. The flinching and RoF of Rifle barely gives one time to run away and the quick DoT of SE4 Burn damage will override any Resta assistance they get.

Midicronica
Aug 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-08-08 04:42, Gen2000 wrote:
The song during the battle was the second opening theme song of Mai-Otome, instrumental version called "Crystal Energy".

Mai-Otome, eh? That was the spin-off of Mai Hime, I think. No wonder I didn't know where the song was from. Man, I hated Mai Hime. Thanks, btw. I've got the song! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arika
Aug 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-08-08 07:47, Sekani wrote:

Boss never targets force during the entire battle, choosing to just stand there and take a ton of nosdiga spam to his rear end, wtf?

pttf, that is what I m showing on the Video with description ...and yet you don't understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
in brief, do as what I say in the video, and the boss will
1. don't like to move anywhere much (reduce the move rate)
2. don't target the other person (easy kill him)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-08 16:40 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
Newmans are by far the 2nd easiest enemies in this mission, the #1 easiest being the boss himself, he's just a total pushover. I wish Magas was like that instead of getting that bottom part destroyed, he be WAY easier. The non-boss robots on the other hand are what really bothers me, especially when CASTs use Killer Shot because it doesn't knock back, so while us Fighters are meleeing, those robots blow up in our face before we have the time to run away. I guess the best thing for fighters to do is spam either Tornado Dance, Rising Crush, Anga Dugrega, Bogga Zubba, or any other knock back tech, it'll be best if these were the finishing moves so they don't blow up. I also like DoTs on those bots too, but yeah, I just hate it when the finishing blow is something that isn't a knockback on those robots.

Sekani
Aug 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-08-08 16:35, Arika wrote:

On 2007-08-08 07:47, Sekani wrote:

pttf, that is what I m showing on the Video with description ...and yet you don't understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
in brief, do as what I say in the video, and the boss will
1. don't like to move anywhere much (reduce the move rate)
2. don't target the other person (easy kill him)

I am very familiar with the boss. The way it's supposed to work is that if you get behind him, he'll spin in place trying to target you while you rack up free damage to his backside.

The part that I have to wonder about is that he doesn't spin, meaning that he doesn't target you (or even try to target you) at all, just focusing completely on one person despite him not doing the most damage. This is something I have never seen or even heard of.

It's too much of a weird occurrence to be seriously considered as a strategy.

Arika
Aug 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
lol still don't understand?
when you do what I told it will cause enemy AI to do that!!

well, "Sekani :I never seen it "
because many people never know it, so I post it as a guide here. I already got a few PM that they success on following this guide too.

Sekani
Aug 9, 2007, 10:49 AM
I guess you're talking about the "weak point targeting" thing, right? Tried it before, doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-08-09 08:49 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-08-09 08:49, Sekani wrote:
I guess you're talking about the "weak point targeting" thing, right? Tried it before, doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-08-09 08:49 ]</font>

Arika play PC/PS2. Many diff'rent strategy there than here [360]. 360 has lots of teleport of boss. 360 CAN get beat boss easy, but only sometime. Sometime (most time! ^-^) he teleport and strategy doesn't work. Expeshally when left arm shot can kill with one shot of left arm.

Arika
Aug 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
he do warp a lot on PC/PS2 too, but my strategy is "whenever the rifle do enough damage to him ,it keep him stop from warp or moving "(as I mention in video ,it is 60-70% success, sometimes he still can warp)
but well if you say AI on 360 is different , I don't know that I never try 360

JAFO22000
Aug 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
If a ranger tries to aim at the sweet spot using first person, Adahna will shoot them and he will kill them (one hit kill, pretty much). He moves around a lot and teleports and shoots a lot in the S2 versions I've run. The only strategy that works well is to get behind him and lock in with either a spear or Nosdiga. But even this isn't fool proof as a lot of times, he'll rotate around a few times, then shoot his targeting missles (which you had better run from!) or teleport again. Every once in awhile, he'll spin so much that it's really easy to do, but this is a lucky break and doesn't happen often enough to be considered a strategy.

Niloklives
Aug 10, 2007, 01:12 PM
I dunno. i play GT on this guy and have very little trouble with him when duoing and Im the one he usually targets. he can hurt you, yeah but the poin is to watch his movements and know when to move.

there's nothing in the video I haven't seen and it's kinda insulting to be told "watch it first" knowing it's just killershot/megid and a little commen sense like my mind is about to be blown.

a neat trick BTW for people having trouble on the mages in that mission is to confuse them first. I actually favor my light xbow for these guys. confuse keeps any of their techs form working. they can;t even heal when confused, but the can hit eachother and debuff eachother. when duoing I let my partner handle the dots, I keep these guys debilitated.

also that give or take a minute comment is BS. I've emptied whole rifles without killing a single robot and i've had intances where every shot hit its mark. if you get a string of bad luck with your killer shot, tthis mission can get very long very fast.

Unless all of a sudden you have a trick for making killer shot work almost every time..

...i thought not

JAFO22000
Aug 10, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-08-10 11:12, NIloklives wrote:
I dunno. i play GT on this guy and have very little trouble with him when duoing and Im the one he usually targets. he can hurt you, yeah but the poin is to watch his movements and know when to move.

You can get hit by his quick shot from his left arm and live? What kind of armor are you using?

Niloklives
Aug 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
yamata senba, 22% light. usually if it tags me I don't get hit that hard...maybe 500 damage. if I get hit by every part of it maybe 1k. I've gotten critted before and taken down to about 200... but never killed. that was lvl 80/10 female human. now at 90/10 with about 200 more HP...it's even more of a joke.

Arika I tell you what...show us how to run all of dual sentinal with the svaltus map in under 14 including the boss. THAT's something I can dig

Xaeris
Aug 10, 2007, 10:26 PM
That's not the shot Jafo is talking about, you're thinking of the vulcan. The quick shot is the one that's soars past and usually blows up behind people, blowing them forward. That one hurts, though in my 20% Light Asted, my wartecher can take a direct shot and live.

Yunfa
Aug 14, 2007, 06:25 AM
- Mai Otome is just a spin-off from Mai Hime, the whole plot was very cliche, and tons of fanservice. (sorry i had to put my 2cents in here >:P)

Gegarding to ur post, i have to say, well done in finding a partner to work the Boss trick, u stated that ur partner does enough damage for it to work, that proves that it is limited in variety inorder to pull it off. Meaning, you'd HAVE to be a FT and a FG instead of tackling the mission w/ a FF & and Wartecher.

- However it takes dedication to play the mission in FULL SILENCE, & then add music in the end when editing. Props for that. (I never have that kind of time on my hands...)

Gen2000
Aug 14, 2007, 04:51 PM
Generally Mai-Otome is considered better than Mai-HiME if not because of HiME's ending more than anything though (offtopic whoo).

About playing the mission in silence, I'm just assuming he/she plays the game with music off but with a playlist going like many others. I do that myself and I'm on PS2. Much easier for PC players I would think.

Arika
Aug 14, 2007, 09:27 PM
I wanted to open the music too, if I could lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
well, turn the music off is only choice for the FRAPS. because it record the sound from any program you using, ( eg PSU, WMP , WINAMP.)

Arika
Aug 16, 2007, 03:30 AM
First of all, I indicated before the link to video many times that this trick on GoF is very old trick, and many people know it.. It is very annoy to see people saying that "nothing surprise". As I stated "It is old trick, what would you expect to be surprise?)

On 2007-08-10 19:20, NIloklives wrote:

Arika I tell you what...show us how to run all of dual sentinal with the svaltus map in under 14 including the boss. THAT's something I can dig

Be a man okay? and I will try that for you. I never speed run on there before, but I ll try it in the next 5 min. I guess it is very sound possible to do that.
(Although I know that a person like you will try to give us a hard or impossible task to do, but this sound possible without S rank)

and please stop being jealous when some people can do what you can't do, my 2000+ hours is not a waste.

(are you a gentleman or a jealousy ?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-16 02:04 ]</font>

Arika
Aug 16, 2007, 05:33 AM
OKay~~~
here is it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nrq92My7oE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FflIxgj3LLc
well , we just tried it once, and I think we both did many mistake lol, however, the time is 13 min, so it should be fine.
(estimated best time can be 12 min, but lazy)

Nika
Aug 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
Very nice try Arika-chan~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Xaeris
Aug 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
While I make no claim to be able to read Niko's mind, I honestly doubt that it's jealousy on his part. Let's be reasonable; there isn't anything instructional there. There's no use of esoteric tactics, the use of terrain against the bridge Svaltus is obvious, and skipping mobs is just plain *duh*.

That said, it's an impressive time. Nice work.

Note: When Niko said the map with Svaltus, I imagine he meant the one with the svaltus in B1, not B2.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 16, 2007, 03:40 PM
Pretty impressive, and I wish I could get a Fortetecher to duo with me for missions like this. I can't deal nearly as much damage as you were (obviously because I'm a gunner) but there are certain monsters such as Jarbas and the De Ragnus which I have superiority over.

Arika
Aug 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
No troll is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif,
well.. when I wrote that sentence, I though I would rather wrote it first before it actually happened, because many people who did something like this before warned me a lot about it. (mostly they already quit to post anything here , but before.. they posted very useful thing like damage calculation and how to LV up tech fast)

btw, the map that svaltus appear in b1, I can skip most svaltus there, rare hunter like us don't need more PA frag anyway (max 99x8 frags.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-16 19:39 ]</font>

Gen2000
Aug 16, 2007, 09:36 PM
I haven't finished the DS vid yet, but I give you props for using DMC3 "Dante and Vergil" theme, lol. You seem to have same taste in anime/vg music as me. I actually play these themes when playing the game normally.

Arika
Aug 19, 2007, 08:47 AM
added new vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeH5vzz0Mo
8 min of CoR S2 run

EJ
Aug 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
Only thing about sleeping warrior S2 is that the NPC like to turn beast whenever they feel like it and sometimes they don't turn beast for a very long time. ;3

Arika
Aug 19, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-08-19 18:15, EJ wrote:
Only thing about sleeping warrior S2 is that the NPC like to turn beast whenever they feel like it and sometimes they don't turn beast for a very long time. ;3

it is same as trying to let NPC nanoblast at boss, but easier. when you keep hunting item at the same place, you will have an idea on how long until both of them will nanoblast, and you can adjust your resta, or let them die sometimes.

In fact, as long as you can let them survive, they will nanoblast. Svlatus alway damage them and let the gauge full easily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-19 20:00 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 20, 2007, 08:10 AM
On 2007-08-16 19:33, Arika wrote:
No troll is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That was unnecessary, I posted on-topic and I complimented you.

Arika
Aug 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
I didn't say any1 here are troll , I just protect my topic from the warning by my friends
so don't worry about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I m very welcome to answer all the question or suggestion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OldCoot
Aug 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the videos. You didn't have to post these and I know the video is a good reminder that when you are 90/10 why fight every last mob. True, you might miss out on a few reds but the rares are what it is all about.

Also your video shows what leveled techs and good equipment can do for run times as well.

Arika
Aug 20, 2007, 11:48 AM
Of course, that is why we hunting item http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
yes, equipment is important especially Hunter really need those 50% weapon
However, for fT and fG , skill LV is the main important following by unit and armor.
..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif even so, I rarely seen any1 that max all 30 bullet or tech other than the few that I know.

Arika
Aug 26, 2007, 07:09 AM
Update upon a request..
Golmoro guide!