PDA

View Full Version : character guides?

Taliosfalcon
Dec 23, 2002, 10:30 PM
Now I dont plan on makeing a cookie cutter character for pso when i get it tomorrow for x-mas but i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a place that explains how to make a character that isnt completely useless as i plan on investing lots of time into this game? i'v played to many mmorpgs and spent hundreds of hours playing just to end up with a high lvl character that gets slaughtered by everything,
And on another note, can you play the same characters offline and online?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taliosfalcon on 2002-12-23 19:47 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Dec 24, 2002, 08:54 AM
Yes, the same characters are playable off and online.

If you plan on investing a lot of hours into the game, take a look at the character base & max stats and breakout the spread sheet, cause you'll have to do some planning in terms of Mag raising, which slot units to use, and how many of what materials to use.

If you want character that are like a rock and hard to take down, go with either HUcast or RAcast/RAcaseal. Their HP and DFP says it all.

CrashCat
Dec 24, 2002, 12:02 PM
If you screw up your Mag, you can at least start over with a new one, heck you can even have more than one for different situations if you prefer. Make sure you pick your Material usage carefully though because you can only use so many and you can't undo that. Make sure especially to think about DEX on your Mag if you need the boost since they took out the Hit Material.

Really though your long-term survival going to depend on your class choice and your skill, short of blowing materials in the wrong spot there's only so much you can do to wreck your character, unlike some games where spending points in the wrong place means you're totally done for later on.

rena-ko
Dec 24, 2002, 12:20 PM
they took out the hit-material ??? O_o;;

thats new... thanks for mentioning it...

DemiDeviMatt
Dec 24, 2002, 12:49 PM
wait u can only use so much material? or just so much of each type? sumone explain plz...

TeamPhalanx
Dec 24, 2002, 11:01 PM
Everyone can use 125 HP materials.

Humans can use 250 materials (not including HP), while Androids and Newman are limited to 150 materials respectively.

SlickRick
Dec 24, 2002, 11:33 PM
Yeah but even if you use every single mat in the wrong place you still wont gimp your character. As long as you get a good weapon in this game and you raise a good mag your set. Also first I heard bout no Hit mats, but after reading it I thought yeah I havent found any. Never thought of it during course of gameplay