PDA

View Full Version : Finding the Red Scorpio

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
Alright so yeah i'm searching for the Red scorpio in hopes that it will be good (i have some doubts since i got/saw the Guilty Lights power)and i've been having some trouble finding a Pal Rappy (I'm a Viridia so its my best chance) and i already did the quest "The Fake in Yellow" so i was wondering if there was another quest i can use the pipe trick to get them to come out or if there is something else i can do to highten my chances of finding one.

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 10:24 AM
According to this page: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=653 Native Research and Gran Squall are your best bets for finding Rappies at this point.

Edit: I'm not sure, however, if you want to do those, seeing as Bernie and Alicia may go berserk and attack the Rappies when you don't want them to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2007-08-06 08:25 ]</font>

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 10:40 AM
will they go with me through the pipe if i did use it on those quests?

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, they will pipe up with you if you use Ryuker/a Telepipe.

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:00 AM
do fat rappies help chances or do anything for that matter?

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 11:01 AM
They do nothing at all except make a reference to the old Phantasy Star games. In the classic games, there was a King Rappy enemy that was basically a fat Rappy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2007-08-06 09:06 ]</font>

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:05 AM
ahh. that makes sense.

so i need to:

1. find a room with a lot of rappies
2. use the pipe trick until a rare one pops up?

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 11:07 AM
Yes, that's pretty much what you have to do. Keep in mind, though, that telepiping works the GCN very hard and may eventually lead to disc read errors.

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:10 AM
that might be a problem O.O;

Ryna
Aug 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
The Red Scorpio is only slightly better than the Guilty Light. If you dislike launchers, the Red Scorpio will be a disappointment.

As for piping, it will generally only kill your Gamecube if you go through numerous extended sessions.

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
well my highest gun weapon is 1050 with my inferno bazooka. do you think it can match that with grinders as well?

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
i'm just partial to over-the-shoulder guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 11:40 AM
Reasons to keep the Inferno Bazooka:
Devil's special attack (Halves enemy HP)
Slightly more powerful (+428 ATP with grinders)

Reasons to get the Red Scorpio:
Piercing shots
More reliable damage (280-300 base, as opposed to the Inferno Bazooka's 230-410)
With grinders, it's only slightly less powerful than the Inferno Bazooka (380-400 ATP, when grinded to +50. Inferno Bazooka adds 248-428 ATP when grinded.)
No EVP penalty for using the Red Scorpio

Ryna
Aug 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:29, Ryoken wrote:
well my highest gun weapon is 1050 with my inferno bazooka. do you think it can match that with grinders as well?

Launchers aren't designed to inflict massive damage on a single opponent (like the Inferno Bazooka). They are best used when you have several enemies lined up. They also work well on bosses with large numbers of hit points.

Ryoken
Aug 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
what is "piercing" does it go through shields like the dark gunners?

so the Red Scorpio is only worth having when its +50?

Tact
Aug 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:42, Ryna wrote:
They are best used when you have several enemies lined up.

When I said piercing, I meant in situations like this.

You know how Barta will go through enemies and hit other enemies? Shots from the Guilty Light/Red Scorpio will do the same thing.

Ryna
Aug 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
The Red Scorpio is a situational weapon (regardless of its grind level). There are specific situations where you'll do more damage with it than other Ranger weapons.

It can't hurt to have one.

Altavista
Aug 6, 2007, 01:25 PM
Just get a Spread Needle and you dont need that shit.

rejay
Aug 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:25, Altavista wrote:
Just get a Spread Needle and you dont need that shit.

He's VIRDIA, according to the database he cant drop it (so far I know). You can go for S-rank needle on challenge mode online, but thats going to be a hassel.
Other then that, I think Red Scorpio is really good on bosses, espically on Dal Ra Lie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rejay on 2007-08-06 12:19 ]</font>

Ryno
Aug 6, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-08-06 09:45, Ryoken wrote:

Since you didn't introduce your self in lounge

i'm Ryno

By the way

now there are similar members here like yours.

Ryoken
Ryoten
Ryogen

but welcome to psow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-08-06 15:31 ]</font>

EphekZ
Aug 7, 2007, 04:04 AM
On 2007-08-06 15:30, Ryno wrote:

On 2007-08-06 09:45, Ryoken wrote:

Since you didn't introduce your self in lounge

i'm Ryno

By the way

now there are similar members here like yours.

Ryoken
Ryoten
Ryogen

but welcome to psow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-08-06 15:31 ]</font>

GOGO PMs

anyways piercing just means if you have enemies lined up the blast will hit both of them. the Dark gunner's sheilds are only penetrable by traps and techs.

Altavista
Aug 7, 2007, 09:26 AM
Get more chars. Never have only one char.

Tenakashi
Aug 7, 2007, 10:07 AM
My first RA was a Viridia as well, and I was in the same boat as you. I got to Ult. Forest and started piping Pal Rappies. After (I think) 5 Pal Rappies, I finally got the Red Scorpio... and I've never actually used it seriously in combat. (o_O)

If you didn't like Guilty Light, you're not going to like Red Scorpio. It's the same story, only in a shiny red casing with a little more ATP and ATA.

Unfortunately, Viridia is just not great for Rangers. Why Viridia, the King of Shots, can't find a Spread Needle, I don't understand. Honestly, you'd be better off to level a Redria to hunt a God/Battle and Spread Needle or a Greennill to hunt a Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle. Basically, you need Spread Needle, you need Frozen Shooter, and it's certainly nice when they shoot 30% faster.

EDIT: One good thing about Viridia, though, is that once you gain a few more levels, you can pipe for a Standstill Shield, which is an excellent piece of equipment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tenakashi on 2007-08-07 08:12 ]</font>