PDA

View Full Version : Brawl Deals

DLShAdOw
Aug 6, 2007, 11:55 AM
Is there any speculation on possible package deals or price cuts on the Wii when brawl comes out?

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know if we will see a price cut on the Wii for a while. Its still less than a year after release and it's ridiculously well priced.

Kent
Aug 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
There's one we know of, for sure.

It contains 1 (one) copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and is priced at $50.

ABDUR101
Aug 6, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-08-06 10:42, Kent wrote:

He's referring to actual Wii Package deals, not just the game, since this is a rather highly expected game.

DLShAdOw
Aug 6, 2007, 12:47 PM
IMO the Wii as a system is overpriced, it has no outstanding features and isn't even close to the technological levels of the 360. The motion detection is simple infrared and can be replicated with TV remotes.

Tomoki
Aug 6, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-08-06 10:47, DLShAdOw wrote:
IMO the Wii as a system is overpriced, it has no outstanding features and isn't even close to the technological levels of the 360. The motion detection is simple infrared and can be replicated with TV remotes.

Actually no, but that's okay.

DLShAdOw
Aug 6, 2007, 02:39 PM
No, Tomoki, please, we can talk in a civilized manner, please tell me what you wanted to say.

Dre_o
Aug 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
Alright, I'm gonna try and step in before this gets out of control. I can see the tension starting to mount so I'm gonna try and squelch it right now.

Did EITHER of you (DlShadow or Tomoki) have a hand in designing the Nintendo Wii? No? Then you don't know EXACTLY how it works. It doesn't matter what you say you've seen or anything else.

Quite simply, No, The Wii will most likely NOT have a price reduction due to it already being the most affordable of the current Gen systems.

End of story, flaming averted.

EDIT: No matter how many times you say "Civilized manner," this is the Internet. On the internet you don't have to be civilized if you don't want to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-06 12:48 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 6, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-08-06 10:46, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2007-08-06 10:42, Kent wrote:

He's referring to actual Wii Package deals, not just the game, since this is a rather highly expected game.

Right. Since there are no known package deals for the Wii with this game, I gave information on the only way you'll be able to buy the game in stores that is known.

Genoa
Aug 7, 2007, 01:30 AM
$250 too much for the Wii? Let's not forget, the remote is $40, nunchuck $20.... it comes with Wii Sports (which is actually a decent game imo), making the actual system under $180. Even if it's not as technologically advanced as the others, Nintendo does not make profit off of other hardware as Sony and Microsoft do, Nintendo simply sells games and gaming systems <_>

Also, releasing a new generation system world-wide requires a lot of money at ONE time, therefore the sale of the new gen system has to be at a formidable price. BUT, as previously stated, it's already the cheapest new generation system out there, I really don't see a need for a price cut. Good gawd, it's only $250 people <_> the freakin remotes are the hard part! $40 each? Give me a break >_>. It has built-in memory, a speaker, rumble, motion sensor, and an attachment feeder.

As for Brawl, I can almost guarentee you that Gamestop will have it's Power Trade deal for SSBB, which means if you reserve it... and you trade in games toward your reserve.... instead of getting 10% off your reserve, you can get 20% off of it. They do this thing with all the big-hits that come out, and if SSBB isn't one of them, then Game Force just became the new biggest thing and Wal-mart went bankrupt, and Michael Jackson really doens't fantisize about little boys, and the Hoky poky really IS what it's all about <_>

As for good bundle deals, you can't say this isn't a bad deal here?
http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=654

NPCMook
Aug 7, 2007, 05:38 AM
heh, the bundle is kinda meh, since you basically pay what you would pay if you bought all that stuff seperately...

Genoa
Aug 7, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-08-07 03:38, NPCMook wrote:
heh, the bundle is kinda meh, since you basically pay what you would pay if you bought all that stuff seperately...

Wii + 1 Remote + 1 Nunchuk = $250
+1 Remote +1 Nunchuk = roughly over $60
3 games = over $150
1GB SD Memory Card = $30
$250 + $60 + $150 + $30 = $490

So yeah, it's barely cheaper than getting it separetaly... I mean I wouldn't do it... Just thought i'd throw that out there. I will say though, they put pretty nice games in that bundle though. If you want EVERYTHING in the bundle, then it's a decent deal... but if you don't feel the need for just one thing in there, don't get it.