PDA

View Full Version : Getting the soul eater

IssacThe3rd
Aug 7, 2007, 08:20 AM
Getting the soul eater looks like a lot of hard work and it looks like a wast of time. I am a mage and I need to get my magic up so does the soul eater help alot?

Tact
Aug 7, 2007, 08:28 AM
The Soul Eater (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=68&sortby=name) will not help you at all if you're looking for MST increases. Also, it will steadily decrease your (already low) HP.

In my opinion, the Berserk special isn't even that good for a Force. If you decrease your HP smacking away at the baddies, there's a good chance they'll come right back and nail you unless you make sure they're dead.

Saigan
Aug 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
I actually loved the Soul Eater for Normal - Hard even as a FO. Snag it in normal and attack with it, it has great ATP for that point in the game and is great for taking out swarm type enemies to save on TP and fluids. It loses some of its usefulness in VHard but can still serve a purpose. Besides, it's a SCYTHE =D

ashaz
Aug 8, 2007, 06:47 AM
Until you start Vhard, the soul eater is a quite useful weapon, even for a force, it's useful for clearing out large crowds, can deal a lot of damage with the HP drain skill if you keep resta topped up.
I'm a FOmar, but i ended up using a soul eater until i got to mine on very hard (i found an elysion on there =) )

IssacThe3rd
Aug 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
o.k My friend is a mage and he has use the soul eater until utimate

Darkly
Aug 8, 2007, 03:48 PM
i have recently started playing pso offline again whilst waiting for my 360 to be repaired, can you do all of the quests to get the soul eater offline?

Purplestom
Aug 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
when i try to do the quests nd i complete them it takes me back to the lobby. is this normal

AlexCraig
Aug 8, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:48, Darkly wrote:
i have recently started playing pso offline again whilst waiting for my 360 to be repaired, can you do all of the quests to get the soul eater offline?

I have played offline only on GC. But to answer your question, yes. I have a Soul Eater on my main. It isn't all that great. Fun to earn, but isn't great.

Darkly
Aug 9, 2007, 07:21 AM
thanks

ashaz
Aug 15, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-08-08 15:56, AlexCraig wrote:

On 2007-08-08 13:48, Darkly wrote:

I have played offline only on GC. But to answer your question, yes. I have a Soul Eater on my main. It isn't all that great. Fun to earn, but isn't great.

i thought the soul eater was a useful weapon until my elysion was available to use, but now i'm after the windmill and the summit moon

Banish
Aug 15, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-08-08 15:50, Purplestom wrote:
when i try to do the quests nd i complete them it takes me back to the lobby. is this normal

Yes, when you complete any quest it will bring you back into the lobby.