PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: Mad Catz... Ugh.

Tenakashi
Aug 8, 2007, 03:44 PM
So I was forced to buy a Mad Catz memory card. Allow me to explain.

I have two first-party memory cards, each with four characters. I originally purchased the second memory card as a storage card to hold technique disks, extra weapons, grinders, materials, etc., but I've eventually moved into leveling characters on that card. So, after returning to PSO after a hiatus of over two years, I decided I now needed a third memory card to hold all of my extra items.

So I go out looking for a Nintendo memory card. I check GameStop, since it was within walking distance--nothing. Not a single GameCube accessory. So I try BestBuy--nothing. Again, not a single GameCube accessory. So then I reluctantly try Target, and sure enough, after some intense looking around, I found a very pathetic-looking collection of GameCube odds and ends. Among them were some Mad Catz memory cards in various pastel colors, which is great, 'cause it would just be ridiculous to make memory cards that even remotely match the console. Right. Figuring this was my only option, I snagged one of the Mad Catz cards.

Now, it should be noted that I don't plan to ever use this card online--it is simply for storage purposes. I don't even plan on using it to level a character offline. Its sole purpose is to hold items and occasionally raise mags.

So, the question is, since I know I won't be using this card online, is it safe enough? I mean, I know that I won't have to worry about losing any characters, but I don't really want to lose any mags, Luck Materials, or 11-12 star items, either. I've heard the Mad Catz horror stories for years, and I do truly believe their products are total crap, but will this card serve its purpose, or do I need to find an online retailer and get another official card?

Ha... that's a lot of rambling.

zentetsua
Aug 8, 2007, 04:19 PM
i may not have a mem card but i have 2 controllers and they're just about crap right out of the packaging. so for now use it until u find better mem card because it will tire of living & corrupt all your data. hope it helps.

myles_master
Aug 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
I have had a mad cats memory card for 3 years now. (my very first card, didn't have enough money for a nintendo brand) It's corrupted on me once. I've never played online and I know a way that will occasionaly save your data. When it says the memory card is corruped, just pull the memory card out with that message still up. Shut down your system, reboot it, and it should be ok. I've done this before and it worked. Haven't had a problem with my mad catz card since.

Altavista
Aug 9, 2007, 04:38 AM
On 2007-08-08 16:29, myles_master wrote:
I have had a mad cats memory card for 3 years now. (my very first card, didn't have enough money for a nintendo brand) It's corrupted on me once. I've never played online and I know a way that will occasionaly save your data. When it says the memory card is corruped, just pull the memory card out with that message still up. Shut down your system, reboot it, and it should be ok. I've done this before and it worked. Haven't had a problem with my mad catz card since.

Do that but instead of turning off insert the memory card again and it will save for you -_-

Kuporoth
Aug 16, 2007, 12:54 PM
I bought a Mad Catz memory card as one of my first and it was pretty much fine until I went online to play PSO. It corrupted 3 times before I finally took it to Gamestop and traded it for a white Gamecube memory card which I've never had any problems with.

Banish
Aug 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
Hey I use a Mad Catz Memory Card to play PSO and it has not casued any trouble at all.