PDA

View Full Version : PS2/PC Can't take it anymore...

Kira_Yamato
Aug 9, 2007, 09:02 AM
This is an online game to play with friends or new ppl.BUT!!!Why players ALWAYS locke their game.Where should we get the fun in this #$%(censor) game if all we can do is playing alone.

RegulusHikari
Aug 9, 2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe because people play the game they way THEY want to with who THEY want to. After all, it's them who pays for their own account, not you. Stop being so selfish.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 9, 2007, 09:06 AM
It's hard with the low number of players in the community, but the best way to make friends is to go into hot spots such has HSM. You can wait for Friday's update in hopes of finding people at areas such as Denes Lake for S2 games since that will become a new hot spot soon.

Natasha_M
Aug 9, 2007, 09:13 AM
The main reason why people lock their games is because random people seem to be very unlikable. If your a nice person you'll should be able to join and make friends without much problems but if your a toxic player who just moans and moans about not gettin rarez or how PSU sucks good luck its why our games have been locked so often due to people taking for granted our random acts of kindness in the past and trying to ruin it for others. Bravo to DJ_sky on his occasional events on the servers open to the general public, your only one of the few i commend on contributing to the PSU community.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natasha_M on 2007-08-09 07:20 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-08-09 07:05, RegulusHikari wrote:
Maybe because people play the game they way THEY want to with who THEY want to. After all, it's them who pays for their own account, not you. Stop being so selfish.

I agree, and when people complain that I don't sit around and talk with them on the fourth floor, I say "I pay $10 a month to play PSU, not chat in AOL chatrooms" LOL

Darkly
Aug 9, 2007, 09:18 AM
well if everyones games are locked, why not just make ur own game and leave a comment telling everyone their welcome to join, works for me but im on 360.

Powder Keg
Aug 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
Most random people I run into are NOT unlikeable, they just like to stfu and play like everyone else. People must be too critical....

Lamak
Aug 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
I pay to play the game how I want. Simple.

Piper_Maru
Aug 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
They are paying for the game, they can play it how they want. It may be bad for the community as a whole, but, well, what can you do...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Piper_Maru on 2007-08-09 08:04 ]</font>

Kylie
Aug 9, 2007, 10:14 AM
Lol, I think now that PC / PS2 has such few players, it's just easier to keep your interest if you got people to play with all the time. When someone's on, I wanna play with them, so it's likely the room be locked. If not, then I either make a room or join one that's unlocked.

Darkly
Aug 9, 2007, 10:16 AM
this problem i think is the developers fault, why? because they didn't make enough content, not nearly enough s-rank weapons, which means to compensate they put the drop rates on these items ridiculously low, so that everyone doesn't end up with all of the games content in a matter of weeks.

So seeing it from their point of view, the people who lock their games, imagine if they were doing a mission for the 100th time and you stroll in and happen to take the s-rank they spent so long trying to find, well you can see why people are starting to only party with their friends or themselves now.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 9, 2007, 10:25 AM
On 2007-08-09 08:16, Darkly wrote:

So seeing it from their point of view, the people who lock their games, imagine if they were doing a mission for the 100th time and you stroll in and happen to take the s-rank they spent so long trying to find, well you can see why people are starting to only party with their friends or themselves now.

Actually that is the exact reason I lock my Rainbow Beast S2 parties...

Finae
Aug 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
Just like PSO, when missions come that involve s ranks, most people are going to be playing by themselves or with a couple of trustworthy peeps in locked games. Because we all know everyone and their mom are after these things. Since Sega released a lot of missions that drop s ranks, people are more spread out. Then factor in the **** population and it will be hard to find open games. If the population was back to 5 stars for one universe and 3 or more on the second like the old days, then it would be no problem finding open games.

But I do remember when SW S2 and Ragan S2 was out, finding a open game was easy. 3 pages of both open and locked games. So thats how Dual Sentinel S2 will be like for the first day I imagine. Then eventually, people will go back to w/e and play in locked games.

Whenever I hunt, I'll always be by myself, on a desolate universe, in a locked game. Even if friends offer to help, I won't let them in. May be very trustworthy, but I still won't let them in. When I am not hunting and just want to play with other people, I'll jump on Uni 2 and join in on or make some games. 99% of the time, rare drops in a 6 man party never go to me.

-Rune-
Aug 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
Yea it's hard to let random's join sometimes when a lot of people are rare hunting, but there's a lot of people who don't mind. Like me if anyone wante to join up with me feel free i love making new friends. At the same time though I'm not free every moment that I play the game because I help my team/guild and family on there. If you really want to get in contact with me for any reason just PM me on here and I'll always get back to you <3

chibiLegolas
Aug 9, 2007, 11:12 AM
I agree with Finae. Whenever I lock my rooms, it's cause I'm either rare hunting or PA leveling.

You hear all kinds of hate when ppl complain about using wrong bullet elements on certain enemies, tornado dance spam, etc. So that kinda forced me to just lock rooms when doing something that boring back when I was mid leveled.

Just throwing out ideas why some rooms are locked...

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 9, 2007, 11:46 AM
Locked games are typically, a group of friends, someone leveling PAs, or rare hunting solo. I see no problem with this whatsoever. Go make some friends if you have to. In fact, when the school year starts, I have a friend that we're gonna try and set up a time we both sign on so we can always play with eachother.

THE JACKEL

FUFME
Aug 9, 2007, 11:52 AM
Since it's dam near impossible to find rares in this game, people have resorted to locking the game and searching themselves and/or running with 4 people

Mystil
Aug 9, 2007, 02:13 PM

How the FUCK is wanting people to stop hiding under a rock and play with other people in a COMMUNITY BASED GAME being selfish?

PJ
Aug 9, 2007, 02:19 PM
Whenever I play in random games, there's never many locked

But I don't play in random games lots, so...whatever.

Lamak
Aug 9, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:13, Mystil wrote:

How the FUCK is wanting people to stop hiding under a rock and play with other people in a COMMUNITY BASED GAME being selfish?

Because you want other people to stop what they are doing to play others, because you either A. Have no friends, B. None of your friends are on. Thinking only of yourself. Kthxbai

Shardio
Aug 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
My games are never locked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Aug 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:20, Lamak wrote:

Because you want other people to stop what they are doing to play others, because you either A. Have no friends, B. None of your friends are on. Thinking only of yourself. Kthxbai

Ugh, can't make friends if every damn body is RELUCTANT to come out of hiding!! Don't you people GET IT. Quit coming off like making friends is SO GOSH DARN EASY.

gundam0079
Aug 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
i lock gmaes cuz i dont want to lose a rare ive been searching for for over 89+ missions and stil counting.

Shardio
Aug 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:33, gundam0079 wrote:
i lock gmaes cuz i dont want to lose a rare ive been searching for for over 89+ missions and stil counting.

That's ... well... Here's an example of a player that is a bad example.
Let's all hunt rares in solo games! How fun! n_n
(this post has been infected by sarcasm, please scan your hard drive for infection IMMEDIATLY)

PJ
Aug 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
Why don't people just call rares? >_>

It worked in PSO, why not here?

Lamak
Aug 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:38, PJ wrote:

If you saw a psycho wand drop and you were in some random person's party and you had the chance to pick it up, would you? Everyone think about that for a second. And to that guy that quoted me before. I have a good amount of friends, because I always party with random people. It's just that when I want something, I go out and hunt it solo. I'm powerful enough, it's no lag, and it gives me time to think about things going on in my life. Got me?

gundam0079
Aug 9, 2007, 02:46 PM
how is that bad example i am working hard for this dam unit

Freshellent
Aug 9, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ugh, can't make friends if every damn body is RELUCTANT to come out of hiding!! Don't you people GET IT. Quit coming off like making friends is SO GOSH DARN EASY.

Not to be rude,but it IS easy to make friends on here. I'm attacking you when I say this,but maybe your methods aren't desirable. Everything is about presentation,it's about how you talk to people.

I hardly think people are being selfish by playing a game locked.

Hiding under a rock? That's hard to believe considering it would require one to leave the rock to find people to share a locked game with.

Everyone here has pointed out the reasons why there are locked rooms. It doesn't need to be explained over and over. It doesn't take that much to explore the game and find people out in lobbies on hotstops and ASK to join games or even open your own with an
enticing message to get people to join.

It's not difficult to get people to move onto other locations if you ask. If they don't,then that's fine. You move on.

You might think "Easy for you to say." Or "It's not that simple." But it is.

My whole team left me alone on this game,I started out with a solid group of friends. I played with them and only them everyday.That is until one day all I knew,all the people I was friends me left me for more important and bigger things.

So did I complain and make excuses as to why I couldn't find other people? No,I moved to hotspots and went with the flow of the community and adjusted. In the process I met new people and made new friends.

Before I knew it,my team was back (for a little while anyway.)

It's no secret our PC/PS2 community is small,that should be more than enough reason to try a little harder at trying to meet new people.

My point is,there is no reason to come here and rant about locked rooms. There is ways about it.There is a match up forum right? There are people running around all over begging to party with people.

There isn't a reason other than your personal limitations as to why you can't find people to party with.

Yes,2 pages of locked rooms are horrowing to look at,but it doesn't mean that you can't find people to party with. That's just absurd.

Being that you all seem to understand that this a community based game then it won't be hard for you to understand WHY the rooms are locked,and for that matter,it shouldn't be that hard for you to understand that you should learn to communicate with others about than posting about it here. There are plenty of people who don't come here,or the official forums. Find people,they are out there,trust me.

Our small community only means that you can't simply walk up to any counter and see parties wherever. I'm well aware of this. It just means you need to adjust.

It's a shame,because we shouldn't have to.

It should also be noted trying to go against the grain on any online game is going to wind up bad. What I'm saying is,do like the rest of us. Meet some nice people in lobbies,or by running missions everyone else is and make friends with them. It's not as difficult as everyone says. Since this is community based,then you'll do like the rest of community right?

EphekZ
Aug 9, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:43, Lamak wrote:

On 2007-08-09 12:38, PJ wrote:

If you saw a psycho wand drop and you were in some random person's party and you had the chance to pick it up, would you? Everyone think about that for a second. And to that guy that quoted me before. I have a good amount of friends, because I always party with random people. It's just that when I want something, I go out and hunt it solo. I'm powerful enough, it's no lag, and it gives me time to think about things going on in my life. Got me?

Assholes like you is why there is locked games.

Powder Keg
Aug 9, 2007, 04:18 PM
rofl @ people allowing whiners to force them into locked rooms. Way to let them win!

PJ
Aug 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-08-09 12:43, Lamak wrote:
If you saw a psycho wand drop and you were in some random person's party and you had the chance to pick it up, would you?

I'd pick it up cause chances are the games set to random/order so it wouldn't matter anyways. And if someone else called it, I'd give it to them if I did get it.

Again, it worked in PSO, why can't it work here? I saw plenty of "uber" rares go to other people after I had the chance to run off with it.

Just because you'd take it in a random party, doesn't mean others would. Nobody has really tried the "calling system" in PSU, and people wonder why it doesn't work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-08-09 19:06 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Aug 9, 2007, 09:08 PM
The calling system actually doesn't work because the said item never drops. LOL

Sinue_v2
Aug 10, 2007, 06:01 AM
On 2007-08-09 07:14, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

I agree, and when people complain that I don't sit around and talk with them on the fourth floor, I say "I pay $10 a month to play PSU, not chat in AOL chatrooms" LOL

I did that once. I was running some Mad Creatures S for easy PA frags. Everyone's all jabbering the whole way, which makes it take forever to get through an area. About halfway through the second run the leader asks, Hey how come you don't talk much? No KB? I reply, "Because I'm paying to play this game, not to talk to your goofy ass".

I promptly found myself back in Holtes City. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you saw a psycho wand drop and you were in some random person's party and you had the chance to pick it up, would you? Everyone think about that for a second.

No, I wouldn't. You may not believe me, but the people I play with on a regular and semi-regular basis already know that I don't often pick up rares. I'll do circles around them, shoot at them, and sit on them on ocassion... but I don't pick them up. If I get rares, I get them in my own private and locked games. Been that way ever since PSO. And if I do happen to call a rare item - that, and only that, item is what I'll pick up. Every other rare, regardless, goes to other players. Let them fight over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-10 04:09 ]</font>