PDA

View Full Version : PSU CMODE ANYONE?

MUDGRIP
Aug 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
Is it just me or would you guys like to see some kind of Challenge Mode brought into PSU? For those who dont know what i'm talking about there was a mode in PSO called challenge mode which started you off with basic equipment and a low level and made you work your way through levels of the game with teamwork and rewarded you at the end with a nice rare which allowed you to put a signature on. Had a lot of fun playing this in pso and think this would be good for PSU.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 9, 2007, 11:27 PM
Nah i think we should get something new, Such as a mission were you have to solo a mission with all level100 enemies and if you beat it you can make your own weapon, no two are the same, By your class it's some type of weapon, forces get a rod/wand, rangers get a rifle, hunters get a sword, all starting at level1 star, You can use PA frags to level it up, Like puting a zoom scope on a rifle so you can go into a 2nd FPS zoom, Or Setting a spell on the rod would make the spell level30, and each time you use PA fragmens to level it up it goes up a star rank, stoping at level12 of course(15 in AOI), and only one per account, Also you can use frags to change it into some other type of weapon (AKA axe cannon launcher spear ect..). Anyway thats just a idea i came up with a while ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-09 21:29 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 9, 2007, 11:40 PM
If only, MUD, if only. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nani-chan
Aug 10, 2007, 12:09 AM
HSM and Bruce's both have C-mode elements... yet yeah would be cool if they made it more c-mode like. Might be a S rank board as a reward... but still would be awesome.

AC9breaker
Aug 10, 2007, 12:11 AM
HELLFU CKING YEAH! PSO C-mode was the fucking shit. Just getting through Episode 2 C-mode felt like such an incredible accomplishment and was totally fun all the through! No bullshit level grinding or Cheap attacks that kill you in one hit, Just you versus them with nothing but your buddies as support.

Also Chuck_Norris, when you completed C-Mode the reward was a Special weapon that you pretty much could customize. It would be a based on a popular rare model and you could name as well as decide what Special Effect to give to the weapon.

C-mode was the fucking shit. Bruce's Dungeuon is the closest thing we got to C-mode and its still not anywhere as involved as the C-mode missions where. If PSU ever got C-mode comparable to the quality of Episode 1 or even Episode 2 C-mode, this would be one of the greatest games ever made.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 10, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-08-09 22:11, AC9breaker wrote:
Also Chuck_Norris, when you completed C-Mode the reward was a Special weapon that you pretty much could customize. It would be a based on a popular rare model and you could name as well as decide what Special Effect to give to the weapon.

No thats not what i mean, I mean like you can shape the weapon the way you want, Somewhat like the way you do in the game Spore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-09 22:17 ]</font>

Shinou
Aug 10, 2007, 12:20 AM
I would love C-Mode in PSU so very very much

pikachief
Aug 10, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-08-09 22:17, chuck_norris wrote:

On 2007-08-09 22:11, AC9breaker wrote:

No thats not what i mean, I mean like you can shape the weapon the way you want, Somewhat like the way you do in the game Spore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-09 22:17 ]</font>

well this game is much more advanced so im sure they could easily do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShadowDragon28
Aug 10, 2007, 12:23 AM
That would be kick-ass.
Famistu Cup from how it's described sounds sort of like C-Mode..sort of...

pikachief
Aug 10, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-08-09 22:23, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
That would be kick-ass.
Famistu Cup from how it's described sounds sort of like C-Mode..sort of...

more like E-mode! from what i hear its easy to get everything and even easier to lvl up! im talkin the 2.5x exp!

Jakosifer
Aug 10, 2007, 01:36 AM
C mode would own. <_<

Especially with this new battle system...

Lyrix
Aug 10, 2007, 01:38 AM
maybe ST will do something right and give it to us XD

Gryffin
Aug 10, 2007, 01:44 AM
On 2007-08-09 23:38, Lyrix wrote:
maybe ST will do something right and give it to us XD

Long as it comes complete with Nameable S ranks~

Oooo, and design capabilities....fun stuff <3

DreamLocke
Aug 10, 2007, 02:03 AM
C-mode was hardcore. Many people who ran C-runs a lot had it down to a science. Not for the casual player. But it would be cool, if only for the ranks you earned.

Back then, I had a few S-rank spread needles that would make ultimate ruins feel like Forest 1 in easy mode. I rarely used them because they kind of broke the game.

Jaspaller
Aug 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
Hell yeah that would be awesome. I still get some C-mode over on PSO-X sometimes. Always feels good to go back to that.

MUDGRIP
Aug 10, 2007, 12:23 PM
Well we need something to boost the feeling of this game. As I know it is a unfinished game and we are continuing to get new content on a consistant basis the overall feeling of the game has been very bland for a long time. For me personally it takes about 2 seconds to get level 90 and with the ability to switch character classes at will, has really made me lose my drive to level another character. As for the pure randomness of drop rates it really is a joke to take a serious hunt for a rare item IMO. So point being WE NEED CMODE.

Vitamin_D
Aug 10, 2007, 12:34 PM
Damn right I'd be down for some C-Mode! It'd be cool as hell to see it back.

chibiLegolas
Aug 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
Hell Yea! Bring back C-mode!
Though they'd need to improve on the melee combat system first to make it fun again.

Everyone can charge their PP now while standing around. But no one regens HP now, unless they're nice enought to equip the techer with resta.
And of course drop more random COMPLETED weapons + armors in missions. But yea, I miss c-mode greatly.