PDA

View Full Version : Windmill

DirewolfX
Dec 24, 2002, 10:20 PM
Are there any good uses for this rod? The special is kinda neat, but as a FOnewearl, there's no way in hell I'd hit anything in Ultimate. The MST bonus is nice, but I'm much better off using the wands which give me a bonus to whichever tech I'm using. So is there any compelling reason to use this item, or is it more of a nifty little gizmo to show off?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 24, 2002, 10:42 PM
On 2002-12-24 19:20, DirewolfX wrote:
...a nifty little gizmo to show off?

BINGO!!!

I've found 3 of these things, and they're more for show than anything else. Somewhat useful if you're a low level FOrce wanting a cool weapon, but totally useless as a weapon in Ultimate, even in the hands of a HUnewearl.

DirewolfX
Dec 24, 2002, 10:59 PM
HUnewearls can equip them?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 24, 2002, 11:05 PM
Anyone with enough MST can equip the weapon.

Cheech
Dec 25, 2002, 12:55 PM
I've found about 3 as well. If I see a Mil Lilly in ult temple, I don't even bother to go after it anymore.

No one wants them either. x_x;

Webapprentice
Dec 26, 2002, 12:14 AM
What is its special attack?
I cannot tell what this does.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 26, 2002, 01:19 AM
If you keep attacking with it you'll see that the windmill spins faster and faster. Once it spins fast enough you can use the special, which shoots out a wave that's supposed to hit a single enemy but misses all the time...

Webapprentice
Dec 27, 2002, 01:01 AM
On 2002-12-25 22:19, TeamPhalanx wrote:
If you keep attacking with it you'll see that the windmill spins faster and faster. Once it spins fast enough you can use the special, which shoots out a wave that's supposed to hit a single enemy but misses all the time...

Maybe it's a 1-hit kill?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 27, 2002, 07:29 AM
It's a physical hit. The comment was made in jest.

In Ultimate Forest my HUnewearl connects less than 25% with the special, and she has a base ATA of around (180)

Webapprentice
Dec 27, 2002, 11:42 PM
On 2002-12-27 04:29, TeamPhalanx wrote:
It's a physical hit. The comment was made in jest.

In Ultimate Forest my HUnewearl connects less than 25% with the special, and she has a base ATA of around (180)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
So it's some sort of powerful physical attack that, for your HUnewereal, misses on Ultimate.

What kind of damage does it do on lower levels? Is this like a charge/spirit/berserk type weapon (without the loss of $$/TP/HP)?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 28, 2002, 06:27 AM
Actually, it's not even a powerful attack...

The special doesn't cost anything. All you have to do it do one three-hit combo in order to get the windmill to spin fast enough.

Think of it as a low-grade LAVIS CANNON for FOrces. It shoots out a wave, but only seems to hits one enemy at a time.

Webapprentice
Dec 28, 2002, 01:55 PM
On 2002-12-28 03:27, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Actually, it's not even a powerful attack...

Think of it as a low-grade LAVIS CANNON for FOrces. It shoots out a wave, but only seems to hits one enemy at a time.

Thanks for the analogy. ^_^
I've seen a Lavis Cannon only on the DV version, but I know what you speak about now.