PDA

View Full Version : XBox: How do we Pay?

Tallgeese-3
Dec 25, 2002, 12:48 AM
So how we play online for XBOX PSO I & II ? does anyone know how? when it comes out

ginko990
Dec 25, 2002, 12:51 AM
Hmmmm..
I dont have Xbox and I dont plan to get it sorry no help there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

faceless
Dec 25, 2002, 02:08 AM
i think i will also add a stupid response to boost my post count too...

X-thirteen
Dec 25, 2002, 02:20 AM
On 2002-12-24 21:51, ginko990 wrote:
Hmmmm..
I dont have Xbox and I dont plan to get it sorry no help there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

wow, its nice to see an incredibly useless post!

anyways, nobody knows when its coming out! so...

Alienkid
Dec 25, 2002, 03:52 AM
I think that you pay with money, that works for us here in america.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

I'm sure that the instructions will have how you will pay.

Rich_T
Dec 25, 2002, 04:50 AM
I thinkk the point of the post is:
Does PSO on the X-box have an aditional Hunters licence fee, on top of the X-box live subscription package?

My advice would be to read the small print on the XBL terms and conditions, if it says that the subscription covers the cost of all games, or all games are 'free' to play online with a current XBL subscription, then they cant charge extra.
if it says that certain games may require an aditional charge, then there will be an Xbox HL.
Thats how Europe escaped a hunters licence fee on DC ver2, because it said in teh small print that online gaming would be free, apart from the conection costs.

Ness
Dec 25, 2002, 07:11 AM
Xbox live. It's $50 per year.

WraithAkaMrak
Dec 25, 2002, 12:57 PM
Xbox officials have said that a few games may charge monthly fees. And they've said some games could charge extra fees for individual downloadable components. And that it may be up to the publisher of the game whether to charge. The few times I've seen monthly fees mentioned, they usually refer to MMORPGs. Star Wars Galaxies was said that it would likely have a fee. They've said they didn't know about PSO. It could. So, that doesn't help us much, since we've been saying "it might, it might not" for a long time now.

Xbox Live costs $50 for the kit and the first 12 months of play. MS hasn't announced an official price point after the first 12 months. The $10/mo figure has been mentioned, and said MS could be comfortable with that price. But they haven't said that specifically is what they will charge. One interview w/ a Microsoft official said that they don't want to do anything to piss off XBL owners with the pricing after the first 12 months.

Either way, you need to supply a credit card # for Xbox Live, even though the first 12 months are free, I believe. (I think that's the way it goes, I don't have it myself.) And I'm sure if there is any additional Hunter's License fee, it will be charged by credit card. If it's through XBL and then to Sega, or pay on the Web, I guess we don't know how that'll work, seeing as it's all on MS's servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithAkaMrak on 2002-12-25 09:59 ]</font>

Disastorm
Dec 25, 2002, 02:17 PM
couldnt u just keep buying a new xbox live every year instead of a monthly fee after the first year?