PDA

View Full Version : The "Finding games to play whilst waiting for PSU: AoI" Thre

Cavarcous
Aug 11, 2007, 05:40 AM
So I'm piddling around GameStop one day, and I pick up the only Wizardry game the have over in the states.

>_>

I get a refund a few days later. The reason on my receipt says "Did not like." That's an understatement.

So after I return it, I look around for some other games to play. I see Monster Hunter. $24.00 used... hmm... my gut feeling tells me no, so I decide against it.

After not finding anything that keeps my interest, I see they have a demo for Guild Wars and World of Warcraft. They're 2 bux each, so I pick them up.

I install Guild Wars...
Nice character creation, good class selection, gameplay is decent. Though my laptop isn't the best... need to figure out how to make it run a bit better, but overall, not too bad. I still have about 8 hours left on the demo. A little hesitant about playing something I'm just going to drop when AoI comes out, though.

Then I install WoW.

<_<

I'm still downloading updates four hours later. Will I ever get to see how it plays? Hmm...

::shakes Magic 8 Ball::

"Ask Again Later"

Would love to get at least one of my PSU characters to the level cap before AoI, though. Not real crazy about playing with people, but that's the point of an online game, eh? It's become so monotonous... even with all the updates. I've really just lost interest until AoI. Maybe if I just stay off of it for a month or so, but then there's 10 bux down the drain.

Not really looking forward to any other games coming out soo, either... Whatever am I to do?

::Tries to entertain himself by reading various Wikipedia articles::

-_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2007-08-11 03:40 ]</font>

So I play World of Warcraft for about 4 hours or so last night. The graphics are really dated, yeesh... I'm not a graphic tramp or anything, but they couldn't have updated them at all since release? It might as well be free with the way it looks.

Character creation is somewhat limited depending on your race, you have to pick certain classes. :| The game play isn't too bad, you get your usual choppyness though... I suppose I could fix that with the settings, too.

Jumping was rather refreshing, not something you usually do in these types of games. I'm not sure if this a game I want to play long-term, either.. I still have 13 days on the trial left, so we'll see.

And Mystil, I've heard too many horror stories about FFXI to even bother holding a copy of the game and reading the back. :O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2007-08-11 18:10 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 11, 2007, 06:05 AM
Plenty of free games online. Just gotta look. Try ijji.com for some games.

MrNomad
Aug 11, 2007, 06:54 AM
Ya, too bad a lot of free online games are soooo terrible after a week or two of playing it. Good idea, just bad design and no real feel to the games

DonRoyale
Aug 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
Youtube. Enough said.

CupOfCoffee
Aug 11, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm rather partial to going outside once in a while, but granted, not everyone here's going to be into that sort of thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mystil
Aug 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Heh don't install FFXI. There is a nice 7GB size file with over 17k files to DL because of years of updates and 3 expansions.

EphekZ
Aug 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-08-11 11:44, CupOfCoffee wrote:
I'm rather partial to going outside once in a while, but granted, not everyone here's going to be into that sort of thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Seriously.
in my spare time I play CS. CS is usually a lot of fun with its different mods and what not. Also getting a team and scrimming is usually a lore more fun.

omegapirate2k
Aug 11, 2007, 10:21 PM
And PSU isn't a good option, I take it.

Morpheo
Aug 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
Guitar Hero II BABY OHHH YA, IM GONNA GO PLAY ME SOME JORDAN ON EXPERT RITE NOW XD!!!

Cavarcous
Aug 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-08-11 20:21, omegapirate2k wrote:
And PSU isn't a good option, I take it.

No, not when everything is so tired already. No point in even trying to do something first when someone else has done it already. You're really only kidding yourself in my opinion if doing the same missions over and over on the higher difficulties whenever they release them, hoping for whatever new weapons they have to drop entertains you. Kind of like digging through a mountain with a toothpick. I commend anyone that can stand being so stagnant just to find one weapon (wait, the board, rather, hoping it succeeds) for such a long period of time, regardless.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
How about working out or something? Well, here's some games that I like:
-PSU - lol
-Soul Calibur 3 - Well, I'm also waiting for Soul Calibur 4
-Super Smash Bros. Melee - Oh yeah, waiting for Brawl as well >.>
-Guilty Gear X2
-Capcom vs. SNK 2
-Fist of the North Star / Hokuto on Ken
-Project Justice - I still have my Dreamcast, cuz its awesome
-Orochi Warriors
-King of Fighters Maximum Impact
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike
-Last Blade 2
-Garou: Mark of the Wolves
-King of Fighters XI

What can I say? I just love fighting games and beat em' ups. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-08-14 06:28 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
You could always pick up a game you have played previously just for kicks. I recently rediscovered how much I like Gears, so I'm going through and replaying it on the hardest difficult setting.

Sayara
Aug 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
Q: What if OP doesn't like fighters? wwww

I 2nd that idea of going out though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I hear o2 is good for you.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 14, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-08-14 07:34, Sayara wrote:
Q: What if OP doesn't like fighters? wwww

I 2nd that idea of going out though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I hear o2 is good for you.

Not pure o2, oxygen bars = deathtrap?! (that nitrogen outside is at a higher % in the air /nerding out)

PSU is like a fighter, some kinda fighting to keep playing after you get bored/burned by synth/miss a drop/fed up with player shops/etc.

You're really going to play online games as long as you have people to play with. Get a group of people playing the same thing with you to extend replay value in even bad games. (Like Gunz, right Shligger?)

Cavarcous
Aug 14, 2007, 10:26 AM
I actually like fighting games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I have a few one the ones Shiroryuu listed, actually. Yet I haven't anyone to play them with nor am I very good at them. : I'm also waiting for Soul Calibur IV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif About going outside, though, if I had somewhere to rollerskate, then maybe... but other than that, nothx.

If anyone would like to rekindle my interest in PSU , you're welcome to message me on live. My tag is Cavarcous on 360. I get on every once in a while to (fruitlessly) look for things like black heart; me / quick; te / tech charge, etc. so I'll check my messages then.