PDA

View Full Version : Rare Monsters - Does a pattern emerge?

IceBurner
Dec 25, 2002, 03:58 AM
I've recently realized that every time I've seen a rare monster more than once, they have always spawned in place of a specific regular monster in a specific room each time, on a specific level layout.

--------------------------------------------------
Examples:

In caves 2, in a certain level layout, there is one room where the first enemy group to spawn is a lone poison lily, followed successively by groups with increasing numbers lilies. That specific lily has been a Nar Lily for me twice. None of the other lilies in that room or any nearby rooms have ever been a rare lily.

In a certain layout of VR Temple Alpha, in the first room that has pillars in it, the lily directly left from the entry door and furthest back that way has also been a Nar Lily twice. None of the other lilies in that room or any nearby rooms have ever been a rare lily.

In my hunt for Saint Rappies in VR Temple Alpha, the first room with enemies in it is always where I find the Saint, if it shows up at all. If the layout has no stompers in the very first room, it's the Rappy closest to the door you come in through. If the layout has stompers in the very first room, proceed through the north door and the Rappy on the right is the one who will be a Saint, if one shows up at all.
--------------------------------------------------

What I have begun to suspect is that only specific enemies in certain rooms of a layout have any chance at all to spawn as a rare version. If anyone can help prove or disprove this idea, please speak up ^_^

GLHeX
Dec 25, 2002, 04:09 AM
I can vouch for your VR Temple sightings.

While searching for St. Rappies, in effort to make my runs shorter I ran through Very Hard a lot.

And I must say total, I saw about 5-6 Nar Lillies (It's a shame they drop me Justies =/ )

The layout with the stoppers in the first room, bust a louie, the lilly in the back. That was the Nar Lilly two or three times for me.

And there was another spot. After the room with the stompers, bust a right and its the lilly closest to you, alittle to the rigtht

Yeah, it's strange, thats a good thought.

But try to make sence of it in the Fake in Yellow, you jet never know whats gonna happen there. Can't say I've noticed a pattern in that.

But good observation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GLHeX on 2002-12-25 01:13 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Dec 25, 2002, 05:46 AM
I've seen 48 rare critters so far on E1&2 and I can assure you there's no pattern. I can only recall a few that have appeared on the same critter. If they spawned on the same critter it's merely because there's only so many of that certain critter type on a map. The VR temple is even moreso prone to the same critter being a rare critter by the simple fact that there are only two map variations (as opposed to the Episode 1 maps having 5 or 6 variations). Still, the three St Rappies I've seen so far were all different rappy spawns.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 25, 2002, 07:49 AM
The only pattern I've noticed in regards to rare monsters is that they tend to show up in groups. For example, I had one run where I saw both a Pal Rappy and a Hildetorr, another one where I saw both a Mily Lilly and a Pouilly Slime, and another one where I saw both a Mil Lilly and a Love Rappy.

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 25, 2002, 12:54 PM
damn you phalanx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cryogen
Dec 26, 2002, 11:21 AM
Ive found this out as well, yesterday i was playing offline and found my second HP/revival from a nar lily, in CAVES 2. This being crappy because im a Hucaseal. But that Nar lily was ONLY the second rare enemy ive found since i started this character and im level 82. i think ORAN sucks. OR im just having crappy luck on this char.