PDA

View Full Version : Hire more people

Sayara
Aug 11, 2007, 10:50 PM
I generally do not like to sit and rant about things to you guys but this is just far too ridiculious.

Well if you didn't know; I work as a Produce clerk at a grocery store (Giant/Stop&Shop). However on Fridays and Saturdays I have to work Salad Bar as well. Now usually with good teamwork and light action of customers We always get through with the night.

However tonight wasn't that night.
Generally Saturday Nights are horribly busy and is also Produces night to have it 100% setup for Sunday Morning (another hell time). But there is alot to prep and do Sunday...However theres only 2 people to do all the work!

Problem is; hours are being cut left and right that we no longer have the saturday line up as:

Guy 1 (Manager) leaving at 5
Guy 2 leaving at 7
and two guys leaving at 11 (usually me.)

Now its like Manager out at 5
guy leaving at 8
Me.

and Me has to do Soup cleaning and bar pulling from 8-10 as well so I lose out on alot of Produce time to see it in shambles! It is really just too much freaking work to do in 8 hours trying to maintain both departments.

Dear Giant,
Stop being cheap and hire a 2nd Salad Bar clerk or give Produce back their hours. Its not like we dont get over 70000 a week anyway...

With Love,
Sayara

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sayara on 2007-08-21 11:37 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Aug 11, 2007, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, no matter where you go you will see this happen now, especially in retail. The company I work for is the exact same way with being shitty about hours. The funny thing is, if we had better staffing, sales would more than make up for it, but in their view the profits they're making now are just fine...but when you have people doing more than one person's job, they're going to give less of a shit.

Sayara
Aug 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
It comes to points where i need to run 3 departments AND do milk trailers i know something is wrong..

Mystil
Aug 12, 2007, 07:48 AM
Kroger is very very very bad with that cramming of hours. I really feel your pain and all our departments put up with that crap.

And if it gets to the point of you doing 3 departments(which is far beyond human capability, no ones' ever done that at my job) it's time to quit.

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
I worked in the grocery business for six years (at Stater Bros, some of you SoCal residents may have heard of it), all the way up to management. It was the most miserable employment experience of my life. Only reason I stayed so long was because the money was good and the benefits were excellent.

Every horror story you've ever heard about retail is true, and probably worse then you've heard.

chu-chu-chu
Aug 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-08-11 20:50, Sayara wrote:
Stop being Jewish
Nice forums you have here.

Sinue_v2
Aug 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-08-21 10:07, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2007-08-11 20:50, Sayara wrote:
Stop being Jewish
Nice forums you have here.

Would you have preferred it he called them niggardly?

Sayara
Aug 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
so i let alittle racial slur spill my keys when i was angry; pardon me.