PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst keyboard problem

Guitarsmasher
Aug 12, 2007, 05:34 PM
When i open the game and try to register my user ID, it won't allow me to type. The enter, backspace and arrow keys are the only keys that work. I've tried almost every solution i can find off of search engines, they all include the regional and language settings in my control panel, and sadly they all don't work. Can anyone please help me? I really want to play pso bb.

p.s.- I'm running windows XP and meet the system requirements if that helps any.

EphekZ
Aug 12, 2007, 06:57 PM
There's some language thing that you need to do. I'll try and locate it.

edit: Found it.

Unable to type at Login Screen or in game
Possible issue: Supplemental Language Support is Enabled
Some users have reported that they are unable to type when playing PSO BB. This problem is related to Supplemental Language Support within the user's OS. Please go into the
Windows control panel / regional and language options / languages tab /
and uncheck all the boxes in the supplemental language support section. Then reboot and you'll be able to type.

Thanks to Sappharad, an alternative solution is available:
1. Go to Regional and Language Options, go to the Languages tab, click Details under Text services and input languages.
2. Add Japanese as an input language. You can also disable the language bar here if you don't want to see it.
3. Start PSO BB in Windowed mode. Get to the username input box, and press the left Alt and shift keys at the same time. (This Shortcut can be changed).
4. Some Japanese text will appear to the left of the input userID box, and you'll be able to type in your username and password. (Remember, this ONLY works in Windowed mode)
5. If you have saved username and password turned on in PSO BB options, you'll never have to do this again, and you can then remove Japanese language input from the same place you added it. (Typing in game SHOULD work fine, so if you want to turn off window mode after saving your user/pass, you can).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-08-12 16:59 ]</font>