PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: X-box 360 hardware issue

RikaPSOW
Aug 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
A few days ago my Xbox started making noises whenever I put my PSU or any disk in for the matter.
I think it's screwing up my disks when it does that.
When I take the disk out same thing. Any advice of what to do or how to fix this problem.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 13, 2007, 07:52 AM
Do you notice any scratch marks on your disc when you take them out?

RikaPSOW
Aug 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
Yes.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
This has been a problem with Xbox360s for some time as to where you'll likely see scratch marks caused by the machine where the lens come into contact with the discs.

My Precautions:
1.Try to keep the system in a stabled position horizontally. It's said that the system is more smoother in that position.
2.Buy protection for your CD. There are D-skins that you can buy off from Wal-Mart or other local stores.
3.Clean your system of dust and particles.

I've noticed in this video, They added rubber pads within the xbox where as the lens and cd did not come into contact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc6mPCaMLfs&mode=related&search=

If you feel like there's more to this then contact support:

We encourage any Xbox customer who believes that their discs have been scratched in the same manner as identified by KASSA (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xbox+360+kassa+dutch+tv&search=Search), to contact us at http://www.xbox.com/supportor 1-800-4-MY-XBOX for additional information. We will examine the console and make appropriate repairs if necessary in order to restore the console to full working order, as well as provide customers with information on how to obtain replacement discs should they need them."

RikaPSOW
Aug 13, 2007, 10:05 AM
Does this normaly happen if an Xbox 360 is less than 2 months old??? By the way the disks only get scrached when I put the disk in (put disk in srcach noise then game boots up its fine), and when I go to the dashboard from the title screen more scrach noise (I even tried shuting the system off from the game, didn't work), then when I go to take disk out more scrach noise (one time the disk was still spinning when I opened the tray, very weird). Thank you for the advice though....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RikaPSOW on 2007-08-13 08:29 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
More disc scratching Xbox 360 have been reported lately and Engadget brings the problem to gamers' attention. The article says that, Dutch TV show Kassa, carried on a live/on-air experiment, proving that the issue is real and that some machines do scratch discs.

Mostly with the batch of xbox360 built around December of 2006, you'll likely have these problems. Microsoft is looking into this but if I were you, I would find a way to contact Microsoft.

As of currently, even the Xbox360 Elite version has disk scratching faults.

Make sure you always have your warranty in case any other faults are revealed from your system in the given future.

RikaPSOW
Aug 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
Thank you.