PDA

View Full Version : Synthing S ranks before trading.

Zorafim
Aug 14, 2007, 04:23 PM
I see, rather often, people trading complete S ranks for other complete S ranks. This would be fine, except for three things.
One thing is, one S rank may have a higher elemental percent than the other, making the trade uneven. Another thing is that, synthing it gives you a sense of ownership that simply trading for it doesn't give you. The last thing, which is why I'm upset, is that they choose whichever element they want before trading.

If you don't want the weapon, why give it an element that someone else may not want? If this person only does HIVE, as an example, he'd have little use for a dark weapon. The trader may make the weapon in question dark elemental, meaning that it'd be a waste of an S rank.

Why can't people simply leave an unwanted S rank in board form? This way, you can synth it if needed, or trade it for another weapon board that you actually want. The person who actually wants the S rank can put the effort into synthing it, and be the one risking it breaking. You can get what you want, and still retain the sense that you're the one that worked for it.

I simply don't understand how this started...

Para
Aug 14, 2007, 05:45 PM
Well, a person may intentionally wanted the S-rank and wanted it in a certain element, either for looks or use etc.

Sadly it didn't work so well in his/her eyes thus didn't want it anymore and decided to trade it away in hopes for something better than his/her "failed" attempt. Of course trading a synthed rare for an unsynthed rare is technically unfair so this is probably why people trade synthed s ranks for other synthed s ranks.

Also... a finished weapon could necessarily be better since there is no risk in synthing nor would you need to chase after the materials needed for it.

engelsein
Aug 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
i gave the element that i felt like giving it, if u dont like it well thats just too bad somebody else will get it. =)