PDA

View Full Version : Is BB online only?

myles_master
Aug 15, 2007, 12:15 PM
I'm stuck with Dial up connection at my house, but I really would like to play BB. Am I only able to play BB online or is there and option to play offline only?

Tact
Aug 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
I don't play Blue Burst myself, but I think there is no offline play.

Jaspaller
Aug 15, 2007, 12:33 PM
Blueburst is online only since all of the character data is stored online on Sega's side. No offline play is in there.

myles_master
Aug 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
Alright. Is there a PC version of PSO? If there is where would I find it?

Jaspaller
Aug 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, there's actually two different PC versions. One is Blueburst (which is all of the GCN/Xbox versions content plus ALOT more) and is online only

The other is the PSOPC that was based on the old Dreamcast version (which was just Episode 1 with lots of stuff missing from the GCN/XBox versions). You could play this one offline if you wanted to.

You can get the Blueburst install from blueburst website. For the original PSOPC the only way is to get your hands on the install via bit-torrent or some other methods.

pinkace
Aug 15, 2007, 01:34 PM
i dont even know how to play the "single" player mode in PSOBB... i select one player mode on Episode 4, and there is no principal, no new quests... what's the deal? i dont even know what happened and what the story is on EP4...

Jaspaller
Aug 15, 2007, 02:05 PM
Have you tried going to the hunter's guild? I think there were a few story specific quests that you could do. I don't think it was possible to do EP4 runs by themselves though.