PDA

View Full Version : Just bought new PC... need advice getting used to PS2 contol

Turbobrain
Aug 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
I have been playing this game for the last 8 months on my PS2 with an agrigated total of around 1800 hours. That means I'm kinda used to the PS2 controls I guess(on the PS2 controller).

I love it on the PC. Hardly any lag whatsoever especially noticable when loading up my FT'r weps, better gfx... and so on.

I am finding it a major problem though getting used to the new controller layout. At this time I am using my PS2 controller(with a USB adaptor) on my PC. Of the three layouts I find the default one the easiest(probably)... it's still not EASY after all this time.

I know I am not the first person to have made this transition and would love to know how people handle this problem.

I dont believe that you can customise the keys and even if you could I am not sure what buton represents what(on the layout of a PS2 controller). If you can does anyone have the configuration?

Any adicvice on how people have(or would) handle this situation would be appreciated!

BTW I paid £4.99 for this game brand new... in the only shop I could find it in.

Dhylec
Aug 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
See my example for key maps on a PS2 controller
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140997&forum=3&start=0&25#3

Mystil
Aug 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
Mine is slightly different from that. Button 4 is for PA's and button 1 is for normal attack. Button 7 is for up arrow key, and button 8 is for down arrow key, makes scrolling weapons easy for people used to shoulder button usage..

Skye-Fox713
Aug 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
instead of modifying a ps2 controler i can tell you a much easer rought to getting it. Just go to you nearest retail store and get the $20 Logitech controler it is a controler made for the PC, it has the same exact number of buttons as the standard ps2 controler (exept it dose not have rumble which is ok) and almost the exact same feel to it. I you want some pic's of the controler i can get you those in no time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2007-08-15 13:57 ]</font>