PDA

View Full Version : ALL weapons GONE (from character and PM).. hacked?

Tita
Aug 16, 2007, 02:01 AM
ok, i hope i'm not going crazy, but here's what happened:

- last night i logged in to check up on things as i've been away for a few days. didn't do any missions, just checked my stuff, then logged out from my room.

- logged in tonight in the Variety Shop on Cylez... which of course, was wierd considering i logged out of my room...

- i checked my menu and found that ALL of my weapons were gone. everything else was there. obviously, this was even weirder, so i went to my room.

- same with my PM: all the weapons were gone, but everything else was untouched, including my PM.

- Items in my shop were untouched too, including the only weapon i had for sale, a Daga Cresa.

Has this happened to anyone else? is this another goddamn hack job? i hope its just a fluke or something, but i logged back in and out and its the same story. The odd thing is, it only happened to my Main. My other character's weapons are fine.

I plan to file a report tomorrow. Never dealt with this before, so any help, suggestions or tips would be appreciated (when it comes to dealing with ST of course).

gah ><
i've been having a bad week too.
i'm going to start writing down everything i lost that i can remember, just in case ST is nice enough to get around to returning them.

SATatami
Aug 16, 2007, 02:03 AM
Looks like someone got your password. Anyone IRL know it? This doesn't seem like a hackjob.

Tita
Aug 16, 2007, 02:15 AM
nobody. my nephew hasn't played on my account for more than 3 weeks and has no way of logging on unless i'm around anyway. he's not suspect (i wondered about this too but its just not likely).

it's just so strange that only weapons were taken/deleted/whatever.

i'm also wondering about why i ended up logging in at the Variety Shop? did whoever it was sell all my weapons there?
i need to check on my meseta count. that's one thing i didn't go over.

Gryffin
Aug 16, 2007, 02:22 AM
Noooo, not Clobbersaurus! I played with you!!

It sounds like a classic case of someone getting a hold on your password... A hacker wouldn't leave you in the variety shop, would they? >_>

Zael
Aug 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
Which platform do you play PSU on?

Gryffin
Aug 16, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-08-16 00:41, Criss wrote:
If you play on PC, the first thing I'd suggest you to do is to thoroughly scan your PC for keyloggers. Then change your passwork ASAP.

Good call >_>

Criss
Aug 16, 2007, 02:41 AM
If you play on PC, the first thing I'd suggest you to do is to thoroughly scan your PC for keyloggers. Then change your passwork ASAP.

Tita
Aug 16, 2007, 02:46 AM
PS2
i'll change my PW anyway, just in case.

hey Gryff!
yeah i'm worried about this password dealie. no one knows it, and i dont share my memory card with anyone either. my ps2/psu set up is totally isolated and no one can touch it unless i'm around. so that rules out local suspects.

guess somebody just figured my PW and did a dirty deed? ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-08-16 00:47 ]</font>

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 16, 2007, 02:48 AM
Lets help him by giving him some spare weapons! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

thefixer
Aug 16, 2007, 02:50 AM
that's not a bad idea. you know i'll be there to help you rebuild, partner.

Criss
Aug 16, 2007, 02:50 AM
Unfortunately though, if it is a case of someone getting knowledge of your password and logging on your account, I doubt SoA will do anything to help you. Unlike the hacking we had a while back that was caused by their security holes (and up to now they still haven't been able to restore people's stuff), this really isn't their fault.

Phoenix_Black
Aug 16, 2007, 02:51 AM
ST has been compensating those who have been hacked. They summed up the value of the lost goods, then reinburse you with an option of one to two picks at 5 optional compensation packages. I've seen someone get a choice at some rare weps, furniture, units, and 20 mil. I'm sure this person lost a lot, for him to get such choices. But yeah, ST is actually taking a step up, as opposed to the past.

But yeah, I'm not sure if this situation calls for reinbursment. Here's to hoping!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phoenix_Black on 2007-08-16 00:53 ]</font>

Gryffin
Aug 16, 2007, 02:52 AM
If I find two Bico's, the second one is yours! (Don't tell Basi, he'll impale me with a kitchen knife and I'll be shipped along the east coast as pulled pork >_>)

Criss
Aug 16, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-08-16 00:51, Phoenix_Black wrote:
ST has been compensating those who have been hacked. They summed up the value of the lost goods, then reinburse you with an option of one to two picks at 5 optional compensation packages. I've seen someone get a choice at some rare weps, furniture, units, and 20 mil. I'm sure this person lost a lot, for him to get such choices. But yeah, ST is actually taking a step up, as opposed to the past.

But yeah, I'm not sure if this situation calls for reinbursment. Here's to hoping!

Oh, I must be late on the news then... Last I had heard, ST were still looking into how they could return lost stuff.

thefixer
Aug 16, 2007, 03:14 AM
clobber and I are going to be hunting jaggos in uni 2 for the next little while.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 16, 2007, 03:14 AM
I can spare a number of 10-20% Swords fists spears and axes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

A2K
Aug 16, 2007, 03:29 AM
This sounds like a case of someone guessing your password. It sounds like the perpetrator sold your items at the Variety Shop and logged off.

On 2007-08-16 00:50, Criss wrote:
Unfortunately though, if it is a case of someone getting knowledge of your password and logging on your account, I doubt SoA will do anything to help you. Unlike the hacking we had a while back that was caused by their security holes (and up to now they still haven't been able to restore people's stuff), this really isn't their fault.

If there's enough evidence (perhaps logs of radically different IP address during aforementioned period) then a case for compensation might be able to be made.

Tita
Aug 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
thank you for the information, it's going to help me organize my complaint to ST (working on right now).

confirmed:
- i went to check on my meseta and i was at 1.9 mil.... last time i logged off i was at ~700K. so whoever did this sold everything to the variety shop... *nauseated*

this sucks hard. i dont know anyone who would have a motive to do this to me personally, so it just seems like a really random act. i hope ST can help me out.

thanks for your support too guys! i'll be working my way back to something decent again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wallin
Aug 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
I don't know if this is different for PS2, but would they also have to guess your username? Or is that available somewhere else in the game?

It seems like quite a weird event though, I don't know why the heck anyone would guess someone's password just so they could log on and sell their things, and not even take the money from it... talk about being bored. You sure you don't sleepwalk at night? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I hope everything works out for you at least!

Tita
Aug 16, 2007, 11:40 PM
yeah, i seriously thought i was going crazy or something O_O

and i highly doubt a username would be visible anywhere in the game aside from the log in screen in (i've never been able to view).

right now my nephew is telling me about someone he had to blacklist during the short time he was playing (he was being excessively abusive to other players as well), and i do remember this person being really annoying, like suspiciously so. this person plays on a PC. unfortunately, i can't put anymore weight on that speculation, but that player is the only player i can think of who would be crazy enough to hold a grudge on me (and possibly others?).

i hope this isn't the case, and Sega's IP check on the log ins would be more revealing anyway.

Tita
Sep 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
wow.. it's been about 3 weeks and still no word from them. i guess they're busy with the reimbursments.

*waits patiently* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SStrikerR
Sep 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-09-09 14:50, Tita wrote:
wow.. it's been about 3 weeks and still no word from them. i guess they're busy with the reimbursments.

*waits patiently* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lies.

Alamar
Sep 15, 2007, 11:28 PM
have you read the chat logs that the PC records to see if you were singled out? Or better yet just to read exactly who said what to whom etc. I am sorry to hear this happened. I am a beast Transer I have some spare stuff I can give you. It won't be real great cause I don't have anything real nice. send me a mail on what you need I will see if I can help you out.

Tita
Sep 19, 2007, 06:59 PM
i'm on PS2, so i can't access chat logs. i'm pretty helpless on my end :

still, NOTHING from ST. the hell? maybe i should give them another email.. netzero has been goofing up on me lately.
as if the long line of PS2s breaking down on me wasn't driving me crazy enough with this game....

and i'm doing ok with equipment atm, thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
i dont wanna come off like some smuck trying to get free weaps from people, but i'd be glad to party up sometime!

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 23, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-08-16 00:41, Gryffin wrote:

On 2007-08-16 00:41, Criss wrote:

Good call >_>

What's a keylogger? Is it like a key stroke identifier?

Also, good luck on getting your stuff back. It's weird the person only sold your weapons though. . . I would've gotten a pal, dropped the money in a game with him/her, switched back to my account, and then picked it up. I'm pretty sure ST can track any trades you make.

Tita
Oct 10, 2007, 12:04 AM
finally got a response! they said it had to have come from the same modem, which leaves only one culprit that i'm aware of, and i'm quite saddened. weapons and all that come and go, but trust is another issue altogether. since i'm not 100%, i requested for a log of the log in times, if possible. fortunately, i do remember where i was in that time period, so if the times just dont match up, then i'm just shit out of luck when it comes to figuring this out.

my ps2 and mem card are under lock and key (literally), haha.

i'm just relieved that this wasn't a bigger issue since sega didn't find any fowl play on my account. whew.

case closed i guess! thanks for those who helped me out with forming a clear request for help. knowing what ST can and can't do was really helpful.