PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what the problem is.

Mystil
Aug 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
I know I am not the nicest person here, the source of that is below:

I must be.. invisible. HSM, people shout that they have a spot, I tell them to "invite me please"(word for word) and it's like they didn't read it. Most of them show signs of notice by walking up to me and then walking away.

Assuming what? What is it about me that turned you away? My level? 86 is nothing..and I don't go on mass killing sprees.

Friends..? I meet em and then the next day they forget who I am. Old ones? Want it to be one sided. I'm not mailing you if I'm going to be the one doing it all.

This was never a problem during the 5 years I played PSO. This was a huge problem in FFXI, people ignoring my tells, and other things. I don't have RL social issues, people love to talk/socialize/meet with me.

It has been this way every since December(when two of my good friends quit) it's frustrated me and I don't think I'll be playing anymore because things will not get better.

AlexCraig
Aug 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
It just proves that you are not the bad person in this. They are the ones blowing you off and showing no regard to you. I think this makes them the jerks.

Morpheo
Aug 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
why HSM? you need to get to 90 brah! neway are you a girl charecter?

Mystil
Aug 18, 2007, 07:25 AM
All my characters are girls. And I was leveling bullets. When I got Ya megiga to 11 I wanted to take a short break from the monotony of it all. HSM was good for this since it's kinda mean going to a regular mission with low level bullets. My ATP/ATA alone being a GT9 would benefit HSM parties however. Don't care about 90, I dont 'need' 90. I wanted to put an end to the 'depression' but I needed PEOPLE to pull this off. It's not gonna happen and I left that lobby saying "I'm not paying for a game where I can't have friends".

I know they are high level idiots in the game but it's retarded to assume that all of us are. It's even lamer to assume bad things about one individual you don't even know. Why so much assuming goes on online? Why not seek out the truth? What is there to be afraid of? Furthermore, what do the popular "loved" players(Dj Sky Epic, Rena, Cherry, Ryuki, etc ONLY using them for example purposes) have that I don't have personality wise? Because making friends based on tech level/skill levels/high percent weapons is seriously shallow. I have CRAP compared to them. There was a time where I thought being an asshole would benefit me, since a lot of players are just flatout bastards and are highly accepted. It didn't work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

People gripe about others not talking in parties. When I try to talk, I get ignored or talked over. People get nasty at others for not following directions, while I'm just as calm as I can be(and get ignored lol). If these people experience this kind of. . .excluding.

Anyway, I been through far worse in FFXI and I'm not the only one, I can link a topic where several players experienced this kind of treatment. Nothing like having a good friend stab you in the back over a piece of gear that will be absolete within the next level, or one blacklisting you without reason(another thing I hate is those who "run" with no explaination). Always felt a strong need to prove that this isn't just emo complaining and "in my head". This shit happens for real and it's dreadful.

MrNomad
Aug 18, 2007, 09:15 AM
As sad as that is, you wont gain any satisfaction by quiting because you have no friends and you think no one likes you (Or at least not for a long time) and in most cases players think quiters are just issue-induced worriers that cant deal with their problems (not to sound mean, but thats how it is in sports/games)

Sinue_v2
Aug 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
I think you're exaggerating the situation, whether you know it or not. It's not like the whole PSU community knows who you are, and are intentionally ignoring you. Ever consider that the person doing the advertising for a party isn't the one who has leadership? So that even if they came over to check you out, they don't have the ability to add you?

Siertes
Aug 18, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-08-18 05:25, Mystil wrote:

Furthermore, what do the popular "loved" players(Dj Sky Epic, Rena, Cherry, Ryuki, etc ONLY using them for example purposes) have that I don't have personality wise?

I think you're putting these type of people on a pedestal they don't need to be on. Players like that seem popular here cause 1) They post a lot, and 2) They're friends with each other so their "high-fiving" each other gives an illusion of popularity. Also, I hate to say it, but gimmicks help too. Whether it's being a dick, providing an in-game service, overusing emotes, or giving yourself some fruity title, things like that seem to draw people to you in this environment (For some reason I really can't figure out).

But seriously, don't get it in your head that you have to mold your personality just to get people to notice you. If people don't want to be around you for you, and not some faux persona you project like a lot of people, then screw the PSU community. Maybe take a break from the game till the expansion or something. Hope for some cool people to come along.

Solstis
Aug 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
I think that you have more RL socializing issues than you're letting on. Why does e-friendship stuff mess with your self-esteem so much?

:/

Mystil
Aug 19, 2007, 07:06 AM
Well I AM miserable at home but that's because all my mom does is talk down to me. No problems with people on the job, or anywhere else :/. Sorry but I can't give you any solid proof, so you don't have to believe it. I don't know why it bothers me. It'd just be cool if I could game with people I know, and I can just talk to them and they come talk to me or whatever. Its like with Faith and Thelonius - they were perfect, I was quite happy thanks to them. When they quit in december, this whole shit started.

Powder Keg
Aug 19, 2007, 10:20 PM
I usually never have that problem with friends, but just random people in this game can just flat out ignore you, even when seeking a response, which can piss me off sometimes.

It also really pisses me off when people say "yeah, I'll join up with you", or randomly join, and then simply leave without warning a minute or two later. This is especially frustrating while doing party missions.

Darkly
Aug 20, 2007, 08:51 AM
they look at your high level, and probably feel inferior or something.

also I do runs with randoms but i am nearly always with a friend of mine, and in reality this gives us power, what i mean is when we want to do HSM because theres already 2 of us people come to us to join, u won't be ignored then because your a high level also.

Even if you have to make the first move by mailing someone etc. i would think that it should pay off to get a friend you regulary run with, if just to stop people judging you without even talking to you.

TheBlackDeath
Aug 20, 2007, 12:58 PM
I kind of agree with what others have said that maybe the person looking at you wasn't the leader and had no ability to invite you to the party. This is partially because whenever I walk into the Neudaiz guardians branch with my main I can't go two steps without getting a party invite. Sometimes I've joined an incomplete party and the leader is retarded, so I go looking for another person that wants to join and I find a high level person who's looking for a party, but no let's invite the level 5 asking for 10k[/sarcasm]. When my fortetecher alt was between levels 20 and 30 it was just the opposite as I was being booted out of parties right after I joined. I've been having problems with finding people that I know to play with as well because it seems like 3/4 of my card list just dropped off the face of the earth. It's still a little much to expect the general group at HSM to have any measure of maturity. If you want to run something actually interesting just hit me up with a FR and give me a time and place. I would usually run HSM B for money and MP because I was trying to level my fG class but I just give up trying level rifle and crossbow bullets. I'd rather tear it up as a fortefighter or protranser than play the snoozefest of shooting things with low level sucky bullets. No offense to other fGs but it's just boring to sit and shoot like an immobile turret.