PDA

View Full Version : favorite mega man series

DragoonSlayer
Aug 17, 2007, 10:26 PM
X was the greatest, up until i played ZERO, the story is so compeling and deep. just superb. if they would just make LEGENDS 3....

(KEIJI INAFUNE actually wants to make it, but without the budget, it might not happen. hopefully they let him.)

DragoonSlayer
Aug 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
*hmph* kinda messed up.... if somebody can add the ZERO, LEGEND, ZX, X, BATTLE NETWORK, and wutever onther series there is, it would be greatly appreciated.... *Cough*

Jaspaller
Aug 17, 2007, 11:12 PM
The X series has always been my favorite.

Megaman was great. It had some awesome tunes in there
Battle network was something new.
Zero was nice, but I missed the old get boss weapon stuff
ZX was NICE with all the biometal stuff
Megaman Legends was absolutely nice. However I was too lazy to beat the second one.

A new Legends game would be awesome... but somehow I feel capcom would mess it up...

PJ
Aug 17, 2007, 11:47 PM
HATED the original series.

X was ok, I liked 4 the best.

Zero was really good, ZX is really awesome too. I'd put them both at second place.

Battle Network wins for me. Not BN1 though, if the game didn't change from that, it would have been terrible (And it didn't even change that much!)

And Legends was just legends. Had some ok moments, but wasn't that great.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 18, 2007, 12:05 AM
let's see

Megaman was alright, but I beat every game in the series in a weekend, they were really short, bosses way too easy with their weakness

Megaman X was best on SNES, after that it went downhill

Megaman Legends was different, good, but not the best

Megaman Zero and ZX I put into the same category as they're very similar, and they're my favorite by far. ZX may be my favorite megaman game to date.

Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Star Force I put into one category too. They're also fun games, but I don't consider them the same as the other megaman games.

In order of enjoyment of the series as a whole

Zero, I enjoyed every game, and they are so challenging, I've never gotten everything in all of them
Battle Network, this gets 2nd for having more high quality titles than X, BN w/ star force has 4 (BN 2, 3, 5 Double Team on DS, Star Force(cause it's different)) and even 4 and 6 were pretty good.
X... 1, 2, 3 were great, 4 was alright, after that it got even worse
Original Series
then Legends

there was also, Network Transmissions and Command Mission. Network Transmission was actually really fun, but way too short. I'd love another game like that. Command Mission was also fun, but way too easy.

THE JACKEL

Skuda
Aug 18, 2007, 04:32 AM
Capcom seems to be kind of 'hit and miss' lately. By lately I mean the past.. 5 years?

Two of their biggest flops (IMO) being MMX7 and DMC2.

As for my favorite Megaman series, I'd have to say X with Legends as a close second. I really with Capcom would make MMX9. X8 was so badass. I couldn't get enough of that game. Not to mention it kind of had a cliffhanger ending. :/

The battlenet series really didn't do too much for me. Zero series was almost overly difficult at times, and the old Megaman games are great for nostalgia. Still, I'd like to see more MMX. Just... no more Sigma. He got really old, really fast. ;P

Edit: Yeah, Network Transmission was probably one of my favorite GCN games for a long time. I beat that game through and through. Care for some needles? Shashashasha!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-08-18 02:37 ]</font>

Mewn
Aug 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
Have to say Classic is my favourite, with X second and Battle Network third. Never played Legends, and haven't played Zero much.

Sord
Aug 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
I like Legends alot, though I'll play just about any 2D platform one they release. I don't care a lick about the story though. I just play to play.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 22, 2007, 10:50 PM
I grew up on the original series, so its the best in my biased opinion. Mega Man 3 is my all time favorite of the series, also one of my top ten games ever. The tunes for the 8-bit series cant be matched, even to do this day! Im glad I have them readily available on my zune when I need a quick blast of nostalgia.
I was a Genesis kid in the 16 bit days so I rarely played the X series until I purchased the collection for the PS2.
I tried to play Battle Network but I couldnt get into it, even at 3/4ths through it I lost interest in completing it.
Mega Man Legends was a blast to play through, the many times I did when I owned it on the PS1. My fondest memory was acquiring "Evil Mega Man", a easter egg that was unknown to me prior to achieving it.
I am however, looking forward to playing the new ZX series when I find a cheap copy of it locally. It looks be to a great improvement over the Zero series, another series that was overall dismissed to me.

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Mega Man. 3 was the one I started with and has always been my favorite. I love all of the other ones...X would have been my next choice, but they all suck after X4.

Genoa
Aug 23, 2007, 12:29 AM
Id rate them...:
X series
Battle Network (Starforce practically same thing)
Legend Series
Megaman original
Zero Series
(not really a huge fan of Zero series)

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2007, 01:36 AM
I've never been big into megaman, mainly due to my being terrible at it, I always did like like the look, though, it heavily influenced the way I draw robots. I like the zero series, as Zero 4 is the first one I really got into.

Genoa
Aug 23, 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm usually horrible at action games... but the X series was an extreme exception. My goal on every X game is to beat Sigma with no armor upgrades. It's quite easy actually.
The sad part, I'm twice as good with Zero than I am X. The games always say Zero is geared more towards advanced users.... hah, He hits a million times heavier than X, you just have to dodge attacks and move in at the right time, once you got that down you can breeze through levels and bosses. Don't get me wrong, X is pretty easy himself, even more so with armor...

But seriously, with almost every game I have this issue... I will completely suck at a genre... except for one game... and I rule hardcore on that ONE game too.
Action: X series... I blow at all the others.
Fighting: Super Smash, I still haven't found someone who can royally kick my ass on a basis of which I kick theirs more, but all other fighting games I suck at.
1st person Shooter: 007 series, hell yeah. Halo? Ghost Recon? I suck major ass on other shootem'ups....

It's like all the skill from a genre is absorbed into one game :3

amtalx
Aug 23, 2007, 06:33 AM
The original series...because its the only good one. X for SNES wasn't bad though. After that, its a big "WTF?!?" for Capcom.

Kent
Aug 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
Battle Network.

I cried at the end of MMBN6. :/

Second, would have to be X, though... Especially the first four.

Genoa
Aug 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-08-23 04:33, amtalx wrote:
The original series...because its the only good one because it's the only one I liked. X for SNES wasn't bad though. After that, its a big "WTF?!?" for Capcom.

There's just no such thing as an opinion anymore >_>

Nidarrock
Aug 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
Overall fun I'd have to go with the X series as well, but only up to 4 or 5. I enjoyed the rest of them, but after awhile the collection/replaying aspects started to get old. The originals are still excellent and if it wasn't for the fact that the series tanked so hard after 4 I might have reconsidered.

Powder Keg
Aug 23, 2007, 10:02 PM
It didn't really tank. They could have kept going in the same direction if they wanted to, they just were frightened because it wasn't as big of a success as the previous ones and tried to change way too many things and just made it worse. One thing they started lacking in was story direction, however IMO.

zentetsua
Aug 23, 2007, 11:58 PM
the MM legends series. as soon as finished mml1 and i wondered if they made an mml2 and bam i found mml2 @ toys r'us (now closed down).

RoninJoku
Aug 24, 2007, 12:18 AM
Obviously my play experience would dictate the original series to be my favorite... Have not played the Zero or Battle Networks however...

Tigerram
Aug 25, 2007, 12:26 PM
I loved the old Mega Man games the best. I went through the first 5 games, and played a little of 6, but I kind of just didn't get through 6 for some reason due to laziness. The Legends series was my 2nd favorite, and X well...can't argue about this great series http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
o/` And as I live, there's no evil that will stand. I will finish what was started, THE FIGHT OF PROTOMAN! o/`

Fans of the first two games, check out Protomen, some weird band that rewrote the Megaman story a bit and made a rock opera out of it. Stupid idea, but the execution...wow. Just google it.

Anyway...
The original series will always be my favorite, especially the first two games. I'm also partial to the one with the robots influenced by various cultures. Yamato Man, Tomahawk Man, etc.

Megaman X series is second place to me. But X4 and beyond had me using Zero since I liked him a lot more than X. And when they put in a tag-team system in X8, they decided to put in a third playable character, Axl, to make sure I still don't use X!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-08-25 10:56 ]</font>