PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connections for the Xbox 360

Zelutos
Aug 18, 2007, 02:12 AM
Hey.

I was just wondering if there is anything you can use to receive wireless signals on the 360 to get online, other than the 100$ Microsoft official one.

The reason i ask is because my friend wants to get online for the launch of Halo 3, but can't afford the 100$ for the one that is official.

So i ask if there are other wireless receivers you can use that work with the 360.

I would also like to find cheaper ones so that she may get online.

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BLADE_EDGE
Aug 21, 2007, 10:13 AM
or..... she could plug her eternet cable into a laptop with wifi highspeed and she will be connecter that way as long as the wifi is hooked up to the laptop, in other words the laptop has become your 100 dollar reciever

amtalx
Aug 21, 2007, 10:37 AM
Go to Radio Shack and buy a 100' LAN cable for $40...or a 50' for $20. Plug into router.

McLaughlin
Aug 21, 2007, 11:38 AM
As long as the wireless receiver they have is compatible with the router, and the router is compatible with Xbox Live, it'll work. It doesn't have to be the Official one, like BLADE assumed. Take it out of her computer and stick it in the 360 and blam! You're set. Of course, you may wish to buy an extra so you aren't constantly swapping between your PC and your 360.

It's be better if it were a viable option to buy a longer ethernet cable and run that from the router to the 360, as wired connection are generally more stable than wireless connections. But as I said, the wireless receiver will work as long as it's compatible with your router.