PDA

View Full Version : Four best IDS

wheatsolo
Aug 18, 2007, 05:29 AM
I recently got a account on PSO: Blue Burst. I was thinking that like almost all other online PC games you could have more then four characters. . . But unfortunately no. . . -- Unless there is something I don't know.

Because of this I was hoping to maximize the effectiveness of the four ID's I choose. I was doing a little bit of research and a lot of the items that used to be easy to get are a lot harder now so I hope to get it right. I do plan to use Forces so Pinkal is kind of a must (unless other ID's find techs of level). The other three I wasn't sure about.

Tentatively, from my old DC days, I chose: Oran (they used to find the good armors), Yellowboze (always seemed to find a general set of items), and Greenil (for the ranger items). I am sure someone has a better collection of four ID's. So any suggestions are welcom.

MetaZedlen
Aug 18, 2007, 08:23 AM
Definitly create a Skyly Hu because with that ID being my main character, I am not the least bit disapointed with the choice, but the only downfall is that to get a couple of decent weapons early is hunting for some rare monsters...

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Aug 18, 2007, 10:31 AM
Yellowboze: Animal parts, more general rare distribution, and if you're going on long, long runs meseta takes up less space than sellable items.
Redria: Every class needs better armor and unit drops. Good drops, etc...

Those are two you can't go wrong with, the others really depend on what classes you want and what exact rares you want. I tend to pick an ID for a certain character based on what items I can see hunting and looking sweet on them.

Lunar_Night66
Aug 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
Basically no idea can take you in the wrong direction. My lineup is personally Redria, Skyly, Purplenum, and Whitill. Also if you play with other people they can hook you up with things your section id won't find. So basically look up items and try to find something you might like.

ashaz
Aug 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
My favourite section ID was PINKal, because i could always get what i needed to boost my magic (because i'm a force)

Altavista
Aug 20, 2007, 12:51 AM
If you will have a force have 4 chars that can find good force things on it.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 20, 2007, 06:19 PM
Pinkal is good for forces, Redria is just solid, (lots of good pipes too), Skyly is Awesome for Hunters, and I've had success with my Greenill for Ranger weapons.

My 4 highest though are Yellowboze, Redria, Greenill and Oran, in that order.

xxTrystanxx
Aug 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
My highest are Whitill, Pinkal, Skyly and Oran, but I would recommend having a Redria, because of the awesome Armor drops... and God/Battle, which is exclusive to Redria. Skyly is obviously a must for Hunter weapons, but it does find a couple wands and rifles too. Conversely, Whitill finds some good swords, but a LOT of slicers and mechguns.

I've never actually seen proof that Pinkal actually finds better techs than other IDs. I've found them all to be fairly equal, actually.

Nidramag
Aug 21, 2007, 12:53 AM
eh, uhmmm...
if yer online, and its BB which means no offline, who cares?
everyone knows that online yer drops chnge according to the leader's ID
and yer going to be playing with other people so it shouldnt matter.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 21, 2007, 05:08 AM
On 2007-08-20 20:34, xxTrystanxx wrote:
My highest are Whitill, Pinkal, Skyly and Oran, but I would recommend having a Redria, because of the awesome Armor drops... and God/Battle, which is exclusive to Redria. Skyly is obviously a must for Hunter weapons, but it does find a couple wands and rifles too. Conversely, Whitill finds some good swords, but a LOT of slicers and mechguns.

I've never actually seen proof that Pinkal actually finds better techs than other IDs. I've found them all to be fairly equal, actually.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. All my Hunters and Rangers have God/Battles. That is a VERY important item.

thrended
Aug 21, 2007, 05:15 AM
ya, it's usually not extremely important... imo often more important that you can find good stuff while enjoying yourself to trade away for the stuff you really need, although maybe if you want to hunt totally amazing items you should make IDs for those...

remember though you normally want V101/etc. instead of battle units, every ID can find centurion/ability, you should consider ddwbp (hunting yasha and milla is now basically useless), and there are some very important limited-ID ep4 items. limiter and V502 might be more important units that only have a certain IDs, although you can probably easily trade for both

but don't make like, 3 ranger IDs or something, lol... and it all depends if you want to choose ID for hunting like uber, or stuff like 10 star with hit%, or max stats armors
this site is useful (although ep4 information outdated and a few mistakes), and item hunting / section ID comparison will help you http://tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/ so look over that maybe to try to find good IDs for any items you really want to hunt

also, pinkal lol... I donno, it's good, but when you have 4 ID, usually yellowboze + other ID does it better, cause pinkal doesn't get better techs and while it has tons of wands, most can be found nearly as well by at least 1 other ID, and it only has small amount of other notable finds that are most easily found by pinkal, other than some ep4 stuff maybe

edit: some annoying grammar lol, and some more important units

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thrended on 2007-08-21 03:21 ]</font>

Voldo89
Aug 21, 2007, 01:31 PM
im a pinkal and a ranger when i thought of my name i made a horribe mistake!

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 22, 2007, 02:53 AM
There isn't really a "best ID," since each ID works differntly with the character classes. There are some infamous ones, such as Bluefull, which just sucks.

Skyly works best with Hunters, as they specialize in finding rare swords and other melee equipment. With Skyly, you can waste away your life looking for the Sealed J-Sword too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Purplenum has a wide selection of Ranger weapons and armors.
Redria is a must-have no matter what class you are, since they find a decent balance of just about everything, plus some Section-ID specific items like God/Battle and God/Technique.
Pinkal sports a lot of Force items, but I've been a little disappointed with it. My FOnewm still uses the three basic skill-enhancing wands (Indra, Agni. and Dagon), but you can find those on a few other IDs that have better drops.

You can find more on Section IDs here. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1239)

In the end, I'd have to go with Redria, Skyly, Purplenum, and Whitill, since you can get virtually anything you need from the four.

xxTrystanxx
Aug 23, 2007, 10:17 AM
In the end, I'd have to go with Redria, Skyly, Purplenum, and Whitill, since you can get virtually anything you need from the four.

Ditto. If you're playing solo mostly, this is a decent combination of IDs.

Voldo89
Aug 23, 2007, 10:33 AM
blueful isnt very good

phoenix32
Aug 24, 2007, 09:23 AM
i'd have to go with yellowboze

Banish
Aug 24, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-08-23 08:33, Voldo89 wrote:
blueful isnt very good

If you think so, but this topic is about the Best 4 Section IDs, not which one isn't.

I would say YELLOWBOZE, WHITILL, REDRIA, and SKYLY are good IDs to pick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-08-24 10:21 ]</font>