PDA

View Full Version : Error 100: I keep getting disconnected

neko-chan
Dec 26, 2002, 09:22 AM
Hello!

Situation:
ADSL Modem > 1st nic > PC > 2nd nic > GCN BBA. All tru WinRoute Light.

GCN BBA settings:
IP: 192.168.254.34
Gateway: 2nd nic IP
DNS 1 & 2: my ISP DNS

Passing packets tru ports as described here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28989&forum=3

But after 10 mins I'm playing I get disconnected. Apparently, I can stay in the lobby without problems: it's just in the battle field I'm kicked off.

How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-12-26 06:24 ]</font>

Tavia
Dec 26, 2002, 02:27 PM
On 2002-12-26 06:22, neko-chan wrote:
Hello!

Situation:
ADSL Modem > 1st nic > PC > 2nd nic > GCN BBA. All tru WinRoute Light.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you have a modem connected to a computer, and you are connecting the GC to said computer via a second networking card?

GCN BBA settings:
IP: 192.168.254.34
Gateway: 2nd nic IP
DNS 1 & 2: my ISP DNS

Passing packets tru ports as described here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28989&forum=3

Have you tried setting up your GC BBA identically? What Snapple posted is excellent, and should apply to your GC just as well. I know you said that your Gateway is the same as your second network card's, which is the same, but that you've changed your DNS to that of your ISP.

I'm guessing, too, that you have Win98 SE and that you're using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) through WinRoute?

But after 10 mins I'm playing I get disconnected. Apparently, I can stay in the lobby without problems: it's just in the battle field I'm kicked off.

How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

neko-chan
Dec 26, 2002, 02:35 PM
Apparently it's a common problem for PPPoE users. I noticed other messages on this board reporting the same problem.

Fun fact I don't need any particular setting, I can simply use the DHCP and it works. It works in any way: I can go online, create a game, play for a little time but I get randomly disconnected after a few minutes.

neko-chan
Dec 26, 2002, 02:37 PM
On 2002-12-26 11:27, Tavia wrote:

Have you tried setting up your GC BBA identically? What Snapple posted is excellent, and should apply to your GC just as well. I know you said that your Gateway is the same as your second network card's, which is the same, but that you've changed your DNS to that of your ISP.

I tried that at first but it didn't work. So I tried few other tweaks and it only worked by entering the correct DNS >_>

Tavia, let me ask: do you use my same settings over PPPoE?

Tavia
Dec 26, 2002, 03:26 PM
On 2002-12-26 11:37, neko-chan wrote:

I tried that at first but it didn't work. So I tried few other tweaks and it only worked by entering the correct DNS >_>

Tavia, let me ask: do you use my same settings over PPPoE?

Nah, but, I have a different setup. Although I did have a two computer network once upon a time, it was not one used for gaming, and thus, I never used PSO with it. In my current home, there's a network with a router, and I have the router set up as a DHCP server. I essentially purchased the router for a more secure 'net connection all around, but also, to ensure a solid PSO connection. Ever since, I have been fine.

Purchasing a router should not have to be the solution for everyone, and I do not like recommending it every single time someone has a problem, even though I do it a lot. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make everyone spend their money... it would not benefit me anyway if they did, but regardless, I don't like to say, "you need to buy something to fix your problem". That's the last thing people usually want to hear.

Am I saying that here? Well... to be honest, I'm half and half. Are you indeed using ICS on the computer your GC is connected to? If you are... hmm. How did you determine the IP you're using?

Also, have you tried setting WinRoute to allow the range of ports PSO uses? I know Snapple posted them on here not too long ago, in respons to someone's query... I think they're also on http://www.sonicteam.com somewhere...

SkylysBestFriend
Dec 28, 2002, 11:29 PM
I just helped my friend sign up yesterday. He doesn't have broadband at home so he uses mine. I remember seeing an option in the setup labeled 'Automatic Disconnect'. You may have left it on or something. I would try turning it off and playing again.