PDA

View Full Version : i have a chance to get PSO:I & II

xoyv
Aug 18, 2007, 06:52 PM
should i get it?i have PSU.also if i do get it are there any tips?

AlexCraig
Aug 18, 2007, 06:54 PM
Get it. It is vastly different from PSU, but it is very enjoyable.
Try different classes to find your forte. Once you have that, just try to stay alive and play smart. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Static_Orb
Aug 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
I haven't played PSU, but from what I've heard, it's a bit overglorified. PSO is a bit slower paced and kind of a grind, at times, but it's quite addicting in a very simple way.

There are a lot of tips that could be given...I won't bomb you with text until you ask. ^_~

xoyv
Aug 18, 2007, 07:00 PM
wait is there a story mode or just online/offline?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xoyv on 2007-08-18 17:02 ]</font>

Static_Orb
Aug 18, 2007, 07:03 PM
The story mode is part of online/offline. It's just that the story...well it doesn't do a good job of explaining itself or drawing the player into it. It's more about the gameplay itself than the story. >_>

AlexCraig
Aug 18, 2007, 07:04 PM
The story is the entirety of the game, but you do not have to follow it. The missions in the Hunters Guild give you a bit more insight, as well as some meseta. You can also play multi-mode with up to 3 other friends.

xoyv
Aug 18, 2007, 07:32 PM
how many disks?othere than that LET THE TIP BOMBING BEGIN

AlexCraig
Aug 18, 2007, 07:35 PM
There is only one disk for PSO. I suggest, however, that you go for PSO+. You get extra missions, more items, Ep2 challenge mode, and more.

zentetsua
Aug 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
here's a few tips: keep @ least one healing short cut in your on screen menu. if u are playing as a hunter fight close but don't get surrounded and work your mag's pow & def mainly. if a ranger keep your distance by shooting and work your mag's def & dex mainly. if a force again keep your distance and work your mag's def & mind mainly. hunters are the easy to use type for beginners, rangers are a little harder to use, for intermediate players, forces are the hardest to use because of their low hp, for expert players. there is a difference between on/offline online there's more quests,exp,areas,more monster variety,and items, offline there are the basic quests, less exp than online, some items,and 14 places [ boss room areas incl. ]. i hope u like the tips!

Escoffier
Aug 18, 2007, 09:27 PM
i diasagree with hunters being the easiest. rangers are very easy to use becuase you can hit bosses alot more than with a hunter and you dont get hit as often

Lunar_Night66
Aug 19, 2007, 12:32 AM
Hunters do start with awesome power compared to the rangers, this makes it much easier to take down monsters without much of a problem.

xoyv
Aug 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
do i have to pay to go online?

Lunar_Night66
Aug 21, 2007, 01:56 PM
Well what system do you plan on playing it for? Because the GC servers are down forever. But yes you will have to pay, that is to keep the servers up. The online play is still available for Blueburst and also for the Xbox version. I am not sure about the Xbox version on how much it costs but I know Blueburst is about $10 a month.

Voldo89
Aug 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
get it!

Banish
Aug 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, you should go for it, why don't you?

The story mode is part of online/offline. It's just that the story...well it doesn't do a good job of explaining itself or drawing the player into it. It's more about the gameplay itself than the story. >_>

True, true, lot of details are lost and vague. What makes the excellent story-line understandable is that YOU are the one to figure it out and find out about Pionner 1, etc, and that you are the one to find information out.

xoyv
Aug 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-08-21 11:56, Lunar_Night66 wrote:
Well what system do you plan on playing it for? Because the GC servers are down forever. But yes you will have to pay, that is to keep the servers up. The online play is still available for Blueburst and also for the Xbox version. I am not sure about the Xbox version on how much it costs but I know Blueburst is about $10 a month.

but thats with the broadband adapter, not the nintendo gamecube modem adapter.right?

P. S. i got the game

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2007, 11:25 PM
I've never played it online, but there's always offline multi, plus the single player offline is quite engaging itself.