PDA

View Full Version : Voicechat.

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2007, 03:11 AM
If you're a male under the age of 18, do everyone a favor and stop using voicechat on videogames. That shit's fucking annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

That is all.

Kent
Aug 20, 2007, 06:40 AM
Not all of us that used voice chat while under 18 were annoying. :/

I pretty much haven't changed since I started using Xbox Live, back when it was in beta... Of course, I'm probably one of very few. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
Shit's still annoying.

"GUYS. GUYS. HEY GUYS. GUYS COME OVER HERE I FOUND A COOL SAFE SPOT WHERE THEY CAN'T GET US."

"GUYS? GUYS! GUYS! COMON GUYS!"

I don't like hearing a little kid's voice when I'm playing a game that's rated for people 18 and up.

Morpheo
Aug 20, 2007, 01:59 PM
T= teen which means 13 and up....... theres also the muting option, just use that, no1s gonna listen to u here...

Morpheo
Aug 20, 2007, 02:13 PM
Taken from the forum rules

Fair Treatment
Everyone will be treated equally and fairly, sex, age, consoles, join dates and post counts will not affect your treatment. No "Lamers". Think before you post. Make sure your post will not offend others. If anything, older members should set an example and act in a mature manner.

please read before posting somthing like this...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
This isn't against the rules, those rules are meant for interacting with members on the forum, not talking about something entirely different.

I do agree though. I had a Chromehounds squad running for a while, one kid was such a god damn nuisance. He'd log on, and say "Hola -whoever-", and unless you stopped whatever you were saying and said hello to him, he'd repeat "Hola...Hola guys....guys hola...boss..hola..." SHUT THE FUCK UP! I heard you! HI!!!

Funny though, I've played afew games where the little kids would get impatient and start yelling. They just don't have the social skills yet, they'll hopefully learn.

My biggest gripe, are the all-out shit-talkers; they kill you, they degrade and spit the most absurd put-downs and smacktalk, you kill them, they spit forth the stupidest shit abit more. What is it with shit-talkers? It's not even mere smack-talk, it's shit-talk. I'm happy when I realise they're prolly some lonely overweight dood who if he said it to anyone in person(if he even had the gall to say it in person) would be nothing more than a smear on the pavement.

Shit-talkers are worse than little kids in my eyes; but I end up muting and blocking communication from both.

Weeaboolits
Aug 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
You mean this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=haSGAf7lvR0), Bob? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EphekZ
Aug 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:53, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
You mean this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=haSGAf7lvR0), Bob? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rofl lmao. That kid needs to be slapped up the head. He's like 5 and he's cussing to his mom....WOW. I would get beat so bad.

anyways, There's this one server I regular at in CS and so many kids go there. I finally got fed up and typed voice_enable 0 in console. Sweet silence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
Morpheo, get off my fucking balls. I wasn't singling anyone out. However, I'd bet my left nut you're angry because you fall under the category of annoying children with headsets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:421px-HL2box.jpg Essentially, this is the game in question since I was playing a mod for it. Half-Life 2 is 17+.

And Ronin, that video is horribly depressing. If I had a child, I'd beat the shit out of him for backtalking like that. God damn.

Edit: Additionally, turning voice-chat off would mean that I couldn't hear the people I NEED to hear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-08-20 14:14 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
No offense man, but grow the hell up. So what if he doesn't want to play with you because he doesn't want to hear your screechy little 15 year old voice? That's life, and you're going to run into a lot of that shit, so I suggest you just learn to turn the other cheek take it in stride or you're going to have a rough road ahead of you. You don't have to be running around and posting about your "awful oppression by the adults" off-topic in other threads.

Maybe that's just a rant all unto itself, and I'm not just singling you out - as I seem to run across this a lot. Kids and Teenies who cry and whine about how "It's not FAAAAIIIIRR to descriminate against you based on age", and proceed to throw a tantrum when they don't get invited or involved in the group. Yeah, way to prove that maturity.

The high-pitched squeekie kid voice is just icing on the cake... or rather, the nails on the caulkboard.

If I had a child, I'd beat the shit out of him for backtalking like that.

QFT. That's after I rip the Ethernet cord out of the back of the Xbox, hopefully leaving the jack still in the ethernet port, and taking the little shit out back with a sludgehammer and force him to smash his own Xbox at the risk of an ass-whooping, which would still result in ME smashing it.

You gotta at least put the sludgehammer in his hand and make him feel a bit of that psychological "Oh god did I fuck up" tension...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-20 14:29 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-08-20 01:11, Uncle_bob wrote:
If you're a male under the age of 18, do everyone a favor and stop using voicechat on videogames. That shit's fucking annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

That is all.

I agree, which is why I provoke them until they flip out and get booted, unless they're party leader, then I mute them XD

DikkyRay
Aug 21, 2007, 09:56 AM
Dude. Umkle, i know where you are getting at.
Me and My Cousin were playing Dead or Alive 4 On Live. We didnt use a mic since we didnt want to, but it seemed everyhone we fought had a high pitch squeal. Creeped me the hell out

amtalx
Aug 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
At least we don't have to deal with the voice masks anymore. That was a bad idea to begin with.

fortetoker
Aug 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
hey sinue i think its better when 15 yr olds play it than grown ass men go get a life and move out of ur momys basement homo

Uncle_bob
Aug 21, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-08-21 09:18, fortetoker wrote:
hey sinue i think its better when 15 yr olds play it than grown ass men go get a life and move out of ur momys basement homo

Wow. You're fucking kidding me. Big tough words for a big tough kid on the internet, huh?

amtalx
Aug 21, 2007, 11:53 AM

HAHAHA! That's easy to say on a forum. Something tells me you don't have the audacity to say that to any one's face...

Otis_Kat
Aug 21, 2007, 12:33 PM

And why can't adults play games targeted towards them?

Careful, we might just be feeding this guy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-08-21 10:34 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 21, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-08-21 10:33, Otis_Kat wrote:

And why can't adults play games targeted towards them?

Careful, we might just be feeding this guy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-08-21 10:34 ]</font>

Kids rarely realize that they're often a secondary market when it comes to games.

ABDUR101
Aug 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, because all grown men live in mummy's basement and don't have a life outside of the 15-hour days of gaming that most fifteen year olds have. Oh, Forte'toker', you sly one! Such wit! And with a 'homo' added on to boot!

You are my new favorite member. =]

However, yes, kids are a secondary market. Gaming did'nt just happen in the last 15 years, it's been going ever since Pong, and the people who kicked ass at Pong have grown up and no doubt are the ones looking forward to Halo 3 even more-so than the kid-demographic who take alot of whats around and possible in gaming today for granted. The original gamers have aged, but they are very much still in the loop; and have been out of 'mummies' basement for a long, long time.

Morpheo
Aug 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
i broke my mic 1/2 a year ago, havnt talked since, got a keyboard and im good....

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
I think the best part about kids ranting here is when they don't take the time to write coherent sentences http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

And I have to add I hate hearing a little kids voice, especially when it's smack talking against me one second and then crying because "I used an Auto Sniper" or some shiet.

Meyfei
Aug 21, 2007, 07:10 PM
i just got to use my headset as a mic beat that XD <note: talk in left ear>

lol try playing live with a headset and these dudes telling you to go **** a cows c**k hehe when you cant say anything back and ur too busy to type

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 08:42 PM
My solution to dealing with annoying little kids on online games, not playing online games. Simple and effective.

Sord
Aug 21, 2007, 09:14 PM

yes, let's completely ignore the fact M rated games are targeted for people above 15 years of age http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Uncle_bob
Aug 21, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-08-21 18:42, AlexCraig wrote:
My solution to dealing with annoying little kids on online games, not playing online games. Simple and effective.

Running away from a problem isn't the solution.

And for all the kiddies out there: Yes, I still live with my family, and I'm not ashamed to say that. Living on your own is fucking expensive, especially when you live in the south. Get a job and you'll find out first hand.

I pay my own car insurance, gas, phone bill, and I pay my family $50 per week. I also buy groceries, mow the yard, fix shit, and cook. Did I mention I work 40 hours per week? Alright. So, we've established I'm not a fat sack of shit dwelling in my parents' basement (can't even have basements here, they'll flood).

All I fucking want is to play a game marketed toward people 18 and up without hearing some fucking 11 year old bitching about chocolate milk or how I'm fucking cheating or some god damned nonsense like that. Please do present your opinions on how horrible I am for this, I'm still right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-08-21 19:22 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 09:40 PM
I understand your point. I was more or less speaking of my own case. I haven't found any interesting online games, I don't want to pay the fees for said games, and I just don't want to deal with all of the problems on them. Kids being one of those problems.

As for your last paragraph, I empathize with you. You should be able to go on without having to listen to some brat complain and brag about this and that. People like that, while they generally do have the right to be on, should not be on.

omegapirate2k
Aug 21, 2007, 10:45 PM

And this is exactly what he's talking about, kiddo.

VanHalen
Aug 21, 2007, 11:35 PM

I think I have a new comedian.

And not all of us under 18 are like that Uncle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-08-21 21:35 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Aug 21, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-08-21 19:40, AlexCraig wrote:
I understand your point. I was more or less speaking of my own case. I haven't found any interesting online games, I don't want to pay the fees for said games, and I just don't want to deal with all of the problems on them. Kids being one of those problems.

As for your last paragraph, I empathize with you. You should be able to go on without having to listen to some brat complain and brag about this and that. People like that, while they generally do have the right to be on, should not be on.

Some of the best online games are, gasp, free to play online! Uncle has a bit more tollerance than myself as I simply turn off voice chat.

Sure the whiny, squeeky, pre-ball-dropping teens are annoying but how about those tards that leave the mic on and huff and puff away on it? Or the ones that insist their music absoultely must be heard by the rest of the world and thus play it over their shitty mic? I'm probably talking about the same group of tards Uncle is talking about, but I know of some damned stupid adults that do it as well.

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 11:41 PM
Eh, free or not, I still haven't found any that peak my interest.

Weeaboolits
Aug 21, 2007, 11:46 PM
Pique, rather. (Sorry, it jus' kinda' bothered me)

I'd play online if I had the funds, I'm on PS2, so I don' have to deal with it, but I can see where you're comin' from, peeps are stupid, when given audio, they're even worse. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-08-21 21:48 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 22, 2007, 12:34 AM

That is all.

I've had a voice (probably deeper than yours) since I was 15... Trust me, I have a lot of people give me the "wow, you have a deep voice" comment... I know someone who's just turning 19 but he sounds like he's 14...not annoying, but he just sounds younger. Age is not a good basis for who sounds annoying and who doesn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-21 22:35 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 22, 2007, 01:15 AM
I don't care if you're 45 years old. If you have a voice like Gilbert Godfrey or Bob Goldthwait - then you need to keep your mouth shut and use the keyboard.

Uncle_bob
Aug 22, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-08-21 22:34, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

That is all.

I've had a voice (probably deeper than yours) since I was 15... Trust me, I have a lot of people give me the "wow, you have a deep voice" comment... I know someone who's just turning 19 but he sounds like he's 14...not annoying, but he just sounds younger. Age is not a good basis for who sounds annoying and who doesn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-21 22:35 ]</font>

Okay. I don't care about your puberty.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 22, 2007, 01:57 AM
I'm guilty of spamming the airwaves with useless insults and quotes from random books. That was only once, after I had Red Bull for the first time, but enough excuses.

'Tis true though, many of my fellow teenagers can't keep their mouths shut, and for some reason whenever I hear a particularly irritating fellow I can't help but imagine them having an account named "Sephiroth this" or "Cloud Strife that" somewhere on the internet, since all of annoying ones seem to follow the same vein.

EphekZ
Aug 22, 2007, 02:52 AM

That is all.

it's not just about how the person sounds; Usually they have no etiquette.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 22, 2007, 09:17 AM
On 2007-08-21 23:33, Uncle_bob wrote:

That is all.

Okay. I don't care about your puberty.

You're missing the point. I never said anything about going through puberty, stop dreaming.

I simply stated that it's possible that a 15-year old could sound older than you could...I've played PSU with a couple people online who acted like they were 20-ish and they were really 13.

Weeaboolits
Aug 22, 2007, 09:42 AM
He was speaking in generalities. Younger peeps are USUALLY less mature, I'm sure there are 40 year olds that act like little kids, and I'm sure there are kids who act mature, but apparently not most, or this topic'd be about a different age group, yeah? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sekani
Aug 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-08-21 19:21, Uncle_bob wrote:

All I fucking want is to play a game marketed toward people 18 and up without hearing some fucking 11 year old bitching about chocolate milk or how I'm fucking cheating or some god damned nonsense like that. Please do present your opinions on how horrible I am for this, I'm still right.

THANK YOU.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-08-22 07:42, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
He was speaking in generalities. Younger peeps are USUALLY less mature, I'm sure there are 40 year olds that act like little kids, and I'm sure there are kids who act mature, but apparently not most, or this topic'd be about a different age group, yeah? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You know what they say (no they don't, but I say it)

"You can be young for 13 years but you can be immature forever"

Blitzkommando
Aug 22, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-08-22 12:46, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

You realize that by beating this dead horse like you are, that you are simply proving his (and your own) point(s), yes? People don't like annoying little people that attack every little syntax error or opinion because they are generally not mature enough (lolz generalization) to handle someone else having their own opinion on a matter.

Parn
Aug 22, 2007, 05:07 PM
http://synbios.net/images/misc/8D.jpg

Uncle_bob
Aug 22, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-08-22 14:48, Norvekh wrote:

You realize that by beating this dead horse like you are, that you are simply proving his (and your own) point(s), yes? People don't like annoying little people that attack every little syntax error or opinion because they are generally not mature enough (lolz generalization) to handle someone else having their own opinion on a matter.

Thank you. Thread over.

KodiaX987
Aug 22, 2007, 10:22 PM

I've had a voice (probably deeper than yours) since I was 15... Trust me, I have a lot of people give me the "wow, you have a deep voice" comment...

Oh lawd, is that some Tay Zonday? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
Kinda reminds me of Socom 2......heh.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-08-22 19:22, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2007-08-22 14:48, Norvekh wrote:

Thank you. Thread over.

Oh well, I'm not concerned whose point I proved, because I don't fit in the group of people with annoying voices / dialect.

Uncle_bob
Aug 23, 2007, 10:13 PM
Oh, so you were just trolling and being anal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif