PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: HUH?!

Veraichi
Aug 21, 2007, 02:07 AM
I dunno what to say really but something needs to be done, i've been playing psu since day 1 my uid# is 636 i just can't take it and am about to quite everyone i know is leaving...(mostly due to lack of rare drops) and i'm about at my wits end it feels like this game is about to die is there anything we can do to save it? i mean will st even listen if we complain? please give me a reason to stay.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 21, 2007, 02:11 AM
If you dislike the game that much, don't play.

I'm not a huge fan of the game, I still play. I have a VERY small handful of friends to game with when I go on, that's it. I have a microphone, I talk to buds on Ventrilo as I play most of the time.

You must like the game enough to keep playing because you're making a topic. What we say won't effect what you do. It's your decision.

ashley50
Aug 21, 2007, 02:15 AM
stop complaining...
Leave if you want, no ones stopping you...your decision

Mayu
Aug 21, 2007, 02:15 AM
It's your game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Veraichi
Aug 21, 2007, 02:16 AM
i do like the game but the point is it seems as though no one else does i mean at peak time what's the highest *'s you see 2? 3? that's it i was just trying to see if any else shared my problem or has any good news that would get people to come back (other than aoi) cuse lets face it playing this whole time to me has been like playing a beta, i don't mean to offend anyone but st is really dropping the ball

Mayu
Aug 21, 2007, 02:19 AM
If you want more people

Switch to 360

well

yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 21, 2007, 02:22 AM
On 2007-08-21 00:16, Veraichi wrote:
i do like the game but the point is it seems as though no one else does i mean at peak time what's the highest *'s you see 2? 3? that's it i was just trying to see if any else shared my problem or has any good news that would get people to come back (other than aoi) cuse lets face it playing this whole time to me has been like playing a beta, i don't mean to offend anyone but st is really dropping the ball

You don't like it? Quit.

The amount of people who will actually care if you stay. . . Is slim to none. There really isn't much to tie you to this game if your friends don't play and you don't even like playing yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-08-21 00:22 ]</font>

Zorafim
Aug 21, 2007, 02:23 AM
Many people have trouble with the game. That's why so few people play anymore. In time, most the problems will be fixed, so it should have more of a fanbase by AoI. If it's still boring, go play Zelda.

Veraichi
Aug 21, 2007, 02:27 AM
...mhhmm sgt. i don't want any problems but the apathy lvl you exude is bad you really should care if people wanna play or not, also i said i DO like the game and enjoy the time i spend on it, i just find it a little unnerving that everyone else is quiting and want some glimmer of hope that things will get better and that st will actually listen to it's subscribers. btw everyone should care how many people stay or leave if you like this game

ashley50
Aug 21, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-08-21 00:27, Veraichi wrote:
btw everyone should care how many people stay or leave if you like this game

Why? Do I know them? Do i care? nope, not at all...
people come and go...all games are like that

Freshellent
Aug 21, 2007, 02:34 AM
You act like your the only one this has happened to.

I'm not trying to be mean,or even call you out. The only thing that's "dying" is the current population on PS2. Now if everyone just decides that their going to leave because everyone else is, it doesn't do anyone any good.We're still getting content. There are still hotspots. Even when there was a lot of people here there was a whole lot of people,IN THE SAME SPOT.

Stick it out,deal with it. Your bound to meet a group of people that you can run with. It's also pretty unlikely you know everyone on the server. Not everyone that plays posts here,or even on the official. I see new ID's on random Uni's all the time. I also see people recruiting for runs outside hotspots. Isn't there a match-up forum here?

I'm willing to bet going to 360 won't change much because you'll find the same amount of crap there are you do here. It's unlikely that it will be much different other than you'll see more people. And what will that matter? If your a vet that's stuck it out for this long then it shouldn't be too hard for you to stick it out for a little bit longer.

Go ahead,go to 360,plenty of people would love to have you there. But it won't be much different from here I'm telling you.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 21, 2007, 02:41 AM
If all your friends are quitting, Heres a crazy idea. MAKE NEW FRIENDS?!

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 21, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-08-21 00:27, Veraichi wrote:
...mhhmm sgt. i don't want any problems but the apathy lvl you exude is bad you really should care if people wanna play or not, also i said i DO like the game and enjoy the time i spend on it, i just find it a little unnerving that everyone else is quiting and want some glimmer of hope that things will get better and that st will actually listen to it's subscribers. btw everyone should care how many people stay or leave if you like this game

Hate to burst your buble, but since when does ST listen ;o

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm telling you the truth. Most people in this game rarely play with others outside of their "clique." I'm guilty of this myself. Most of the population doesn't care if people quit as long as their friends stay. Guilty once again.

ST doesn't really care about the U.S. servers, the JP servers earn plenty of cash. AoI is that glimmer of hope you're looking for. . . So you'll just have to tough it out like the rest of us or pack up. If your only biff is lack of players, meet new people. It's really not that tough. Check out the Ventrilo server some time if you have a mic.

DurakkenX
Aug 21, 2007, 02:48 AM
ummm why are you making an account on a forum noone knows you at to ask whether you should stay or not? No one knows you thus no one cares. Further more if your thinking about leaving, why look for a community?

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 21, 2007, 02:50 AM
On 2007-08-21 00:41, chuck_norris wrote:
If all your friends are quitting, Heres a crazy idea. MAKE NEW FRIENDS?!

There's an issue with that statement. What if your friends are the reason you stay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Only reason I still play.

Kion
Aug 21, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-08-21 00:15, ashley50 wrote:
stop complaining...

Look what happens in this community when you express a common concern. Seems like apathetic players caused the population to dwindle more than anything else. The PS2 version is pretty much dying. Servers are down to one to two stars or less and tightly wound cliques that tell you to shut the fuck up every time you 'complain'.

Hrith
Aug 21, 2007, 04:24 AM
According to Starrz, getting a X360 solves all problems ;o

Anyway, the lack of rares dropping is really a bad move from SEGA. This game gives no incentive to play, I understand people who quite over that =/

Dragwind
Aug 21, 2007, 04:35 AM
I think you're just looking for sympathy. If you want do quit, do so.

Syl
Aug 21, 2007, 04:39 AM
On 2007-08-21 02:24, Hrith wrote:
According to Starrz, getting a X360 solves all problems ;o

Anyway, the lack of rares dropping is really a bad move from SEGA. This game gives no incentive to play, I understand people who quite over that =/

Funny story, my friend's were parything it up. In 3 days, 7 rares (one of which was a Har/Quick) dropped. You can't say rares don't drop, it's all just stupid luck.

Incentive? Friends are incentive enough for me to stay til the servers get shut down. It's not the greatest game ever, but for what it is, I couldn't ask for more, nor can I await AoI. If you're going to complain, keep it to yourself.

Why do act like this towards people? It's because we're sick and tired of "IMMA LEAVE HUUUUUR" topics.

MrNomad
Aug 21, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-08-21 01:14, Kion wrote:

On 2007-08-21 00:15, ashley50 wrote:
stop complaining...

Look what happens in this community when you express a common concern. Seems like apathetic players caused the population to dwindle more than anything else. The PS2 version is pretty much dying. Servers are down to one to two stars or less and tightly wound cliques that tell you to shut the fuck up every time you 'complain'.

What is it with people saying the pc/ps2 servers are down a star? Its STILL at three stars (700+ people) And for the complaining, well, usually complainers are too much of a blockhead to comprehend other peoples advice, so in the end we just stop caring about there whining and tell them to leave. Oh no, one person left! That's gonna leave a mark on the servers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Veraichi
Aug 23, 2007, 12:14 AM
huh? i never said i wanted to leave nor am i looking for any type of sympathy i just wondered if anyone had any advice, it's hard enough finding new friends in this game to group with (most only group with people they know), But the lack of concern that occurs when people leave really really sucks after all just because your friends still play atm doesn't mean jack to me they won't group with me or help me hunt out that rare, man i thought cliques ended in high school. jesus christ people help each other out make new friends do be so damn antisocial