PDA

View Full Version : pso or psu?

Voldo89
Aug 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
im thinking of getting psu but i want to know if its better than pso, what do you think?

Lunar_Night66
Aug 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
I've never personally played PSU but I think it would probably be worth playing. But we all know at heart that we will always be faithful to PSO.

Voldo89
Aug 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
very true!

Jaspaller
Aug 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
They're both good games and are good in their own ways. If you seriously want to try it you should rent it (if you have a PS2/360) and try offline, or just hunt down a torrent and try the story mode for PC.

ansemthewise
Aug 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
i like pso a lot more than psu because psu just isn't the same. i never really got in to psu the way i did with pso. if u want to play psu just rent it. its not worth buying.

Freeze
Aug 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
PSU is alright but not nearly as adictive as PSO. If you do decide to try PSU make sure you try the online as well as story mode. Online is much more fun than the story. My brother played only the story and hasn't touched the game since. PSU can get a little boring some times because it takes longer to level up and there's less to do during missions and everything is a mission, there's no just running around for the fun of it like PSO and most importantly no Red Boxes. Where are the Red Boxes Sega!

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 03:41 PM
I played PSU for maybe 2-3 days tops. Lost interest right away. I didn't like the battle style, the story was unamusing, the items and synths were confusing, and it did not give me the great feeling PSO does when I play that.

xxTrystanxx
Aug 21, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ya know, that was the whole addictive factor of PSO. Red boxes! Remember the feeling you got when a red box dropped? I don't know if it's just the particular shade of red, but it was like, mesmerizing.

Jaspaller
Aug 21, 2007, 04:32 PM
Well it's already been said but I'm gonna give my 2 cents as well.

PSU is not as fun as PSO. Sure they improved vastly on many things but it all feels like a hollow shell to me. People say it's because all the content is not released but that's not true. It was decent at first but now it's just boring as hell to play this game. I only continue to play this game due to the people I know.

Knightmaire
Aug 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
PSo Owns! Wel, i never played Psu, but I heard PSO was much better!

Fredrick
Aug 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
PSO is really nothing like PSO. Pick an aspect of PSO you like, and it's not in PSU.

PSU is alright. It's still the only online RPG where people fight through levels in teams... but it's just no where near as good as PSO.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 21, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-08-21 15:21, Fredrick wrote:
PSO is really nothing like PSO. Pick an aspect of PSO you like, and it's not in PSU.

PSU is alright. It's still the only online RPG where people fight through levels in teams... but it's just no where near as good as PSO.

________
Ipad games (http://macgame.org)

PALRAPPYS
Aug 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm gonna have to say it, I like PSO more than PSU. But that's only what I say...

When I go back to play PSO, it's fun, but... I feel like I have to play PSU. PSU has something PSO doesn't. I can't tell, but I can't go back to PSO after PSU.

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif And you with the name PALRAPPYS. For shame.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Just kidding! Whatever works for you!

isafos
Aug 21, 2007, 10:41 PM
Wow. so many people picked PSO over PSU? I can't WAIT to get a Dreamcast!!!!!

Nubius
Aug 22, 2007, 06:01 AM
PSU doesnt have that ambition and thrill of hunting like the world renound PSO in my opinion its just worth a rent.

amtalx
Aug 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
Keep in mind that PSU is not PSO 2 as many people wanted it to be. That being said, they are both great games. PSO is a lot more of a "plug and play" experience though. PSU has a lot of new elements that you may not like/find confusing at the beginning. Personally, I ended up loving those elements.

One other thing about PSU is that all of the luxuries that you have in PSO are gone. There is actually an economy and rares are HARD to find. You will need to think about your -mate consumption and the cost to recharge your weapons since you can't waltz down the Ruins, pick up a few armors, and fill up your pockets by selling them.

Final verdict? I say try it. If you don't like it then you don't like it. However, don't be afraid of the changes. There are a lot of them.

Weeaboolits
Aug 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
As with any game, you should rent it first. I do like PSU, but I wouldn't say it's better so much as it is different, granted, I've yet to play online, so the content I have to base my opinion on is limited.

Banish
Aug 22, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-08-21 20:41, isafos wrote:
Wow. so many people picked PSO over PSU?

Of course...

Here on PSOW, players can pick their choice. This thread happened to be posted in PSO General, thus getting more PSO votes, which is good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-08-22 11:13 ]</font>

Sparxx-3
Aug 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
It's simple - I wanted PsU, I got PsU, I played PsU, I got bored with PsU, I play PsO, I'm happy with PsO - the end.

vote = the obvious...

RuPiKa
Aug 23, 2007, 08:23 AM
On 2007-08-21 20:41, isafos wrote:
Wow. so many people picked PSO over PSU? I can't WAIT to get a Dreamcast!!!!!

Get the Ep1&2 plus on GameCube over the DreamCast ver. There is more content and the controller is more comfortable. DreamCast is good for Fighting Games, MvC2, GG, SF3(3rdS), etc... Get it if your into those games, then it will be money well spent.

Ithildin
Aug 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
I quite happily play both. So I voted totally worth it. Give it a go tho and if you don't like it just go back to PSO.

Darkly
Aug 23, 2007, 06:32 PM
well from my experience, when you start out on pso its fun for a while but then it really is more of a grind until ultimate mode.

if you play both, going from psu to pso killed pso for me, and for me its all about the games pace. it feels slow and the characters aren't as responsive as psu.

i will agree with the comment that psu can feel kind of hollow but fingers crossed for the expansion to bring back some character and lots more red items!

zoloroel
Aug 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
dude i am completely 4 pso (i think psu sucks) but ur in a pso forum we will go 4 pso

Arcyon
Aug 27, 2007, 04:01 PM
Uhh, try waiting for the PSU expantion (AoI); more PSO themed goodies, and hopefully (if we're lucky) there'll be more than just timed runs of the same places for you to do over and over... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
It's still kinda fun, though =]

Ithildin
Aug 31, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-08-23 16:32, Darkly wrote:

i will agree with the comment that psu can feel kind of hollow but fingers crossed for the expansion to bring back some character and lots more red items!

I actually think there are too many red items in PSU. Well, what I mean is too many red items I don't really class as rare. Like the dreaded Kerseline (shouts of "you have been Kersed!" spring to mind). Bring back rare weapons and armour to hunt so we don't have to synth the bloody things first! Units are not so bad, one of my happiest moments on PSU was when I found a Hard/Power Charge. Very happy indeed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zantra
Aug 31, 2007, 03:33 PM
PSU is an online fashion show... not a good game.

End of story.

If you like Barbie dolls, get PSU.

If you like great RPGs, play PSO.

zoloroel
Sep 3, 2007, 07:59 PM
lol, psu gets old in like a half hour

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 4, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-08-21 20:27, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I'm gonna have to say it, I like PSO more than PSU. But that's only what I say...

When I go back to play PSO, it's fun, but... I feel like I have to play PSU. PSU has something PSO doesn't. I can't tell, but I can't go back to PSO after PSU.

Same thing I was gonna say.

Vicious1080
Sep 11, 2007, 06:13 AM
I think many would of rathered a PSO 2, or even another PSO (Episode 5?).

PSU is too radically different, and alienated a lot of hardcore PSO fans. Then Sega discontinuing their original servers for PSO was a big slap in the face.

Haze87
Sep 11, 2007, 06:28 AM
I have played Psu at my friends place but I didnt really like it , sure the grafics are better than Pso but I enjoy to play Pso more than Psu

Dudemanozzy
Sep 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
PSO, there are many reasons, but the main one is that, apparently, on PSU you have to switch to some kind of magicky weapon to cast a techs, which renders healing techs useless in a bad situation, but on PSO, resta has saved my life countless times

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dudemanozzy on 2007-09-12 11:37 ]</font>

Seira7
Sep 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-08-31 13:33, Zantra wrote:
PSU is an online fashion show... not a good game.

End of story.

If you like Barbie dolls, get PSU.

If you like great RPGs, play PSO.

yup.
Its like getting all dressed up and having no place to go. I really tried to like PSU, but you shouldnt have to "try" to like a game. PSU feels so hollow in the end.

I did like the customization and graphics though, but it lacks the charm of PSO. and people seem more obsessed with their level than having fun. Not that I mind devoting time to a game - but I need to have fun in the process. Also in PSO I met people of all ages that were very cool, in PSU it felt like teenybopper land with lolis in peoples laps and their edrama and what not. After school special *blech*

But PSO is a classic, pick it up, enjoy it for all its worth - I still do. You can play the GC one on the Wii in progressive scan and it looks positively delicious.