PDA

View Full Version : Explain Materials Plz

Amethyst
Dec 26, 2002, 07:34 PM
Im worried of using some materials on my Hucaseal because Im not sure if there is a max material use for certain or overall materials. Can someone clear me up on if there are overall max material uses or individual maxes.

Thank you,

VulpesMundi
Dec 26, 2002, 08:25 PM
The material groups are as follows...

Group 1: Power, Def, Mind, Evade, Luck.
All non-human characters have a maximum combined usage of 150 materials. Humans can use 250. By combined it means that between the five material types you can use a total of 150 or 250 depending on your class. For example: 50 Power, 10 Def, 25 Mind, 20 Evade, and 45 Luck totals 150.

Group 2: HP.
All classes can use 125 HP materials.

Group 3: TP.
All non-droid classes can use 125 TP materials (if you can find them).

Siegfried
Dec 27, 2002, 12:51 AM
There's another balance out on why the human characters are not bottom barrel. We mar and marl users can be just as good as you newm, newearal, cast, and caseal types.

Possibly even the BGates.

Amethyst
Dec 28, 2002, 12:12 PM
Thank you on the good interpretation.

DirewolfX
Dec 28, 2002, 04:01 PM
Hmm... so I can use 125 HP mats AND 125 TP mats? I've been curious about this one for a while...

And no, you FOmars and FOmarls can't be as good as my FOnewearl. I don't need those extra mats, because ATP is for wimpy HUcasts. =P

Blenjar
Dec 28, 2002, 04:17 PM
I don't care about material, I find one, I use it.

DirewolfX
Dec 28, 2002, 04:56 PM
I don't care about material, I find one, I use it.

Thank you for that brilliant piece of input. Some of us, however, do care about using materials. And clearly your response is not an answer to the question asked.

gamematrix
Dec 28, 2002, 05:39 PM
Wow!
Everyone I have talked to said that TP mats and Hit mats didn't exsist anymore.
I should would like to get my hands on some of them TP mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-GAMEMATRIX

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gamematrix on 2002-12-28 14:40 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Dec 28, 2002, 09:29 PM
On 2002-12-28 14:39, gamematrix wrote:
Wow!
Everyone I have talked to said that TP mats and Hit mats didn't exsist anymore.
I should would like to get my hands on some of them TP mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Back in version 2 there were two quests that allowed you to find TP mats. The first one was Lost Ice Spinner, which is available for E1&2. I haven't heard of anyone going thru the trouble to find out if it still works or not (it's hella time consuming and not really worth the trouble to get one measly TP mat). The second one was Rappy's Holiday. There was a mini-game that allowed you to choose between three switches. One of the switches would have a random material on it and sometimes it would be a TP mat. I kinda hope this quest eventually becomes available. It was a fun distraction from the normal hack-and-slash gameplay. Currently the only known existence of TP mats is in Challenge mode, but that's worthless knowledge since you can't keep those.

DirewolfX
Dec 29, 2002, 12:33 AM
I saw a TP mat once during a multiplayer game (I think in the mines, Hard or V. Hard)... I guess they're just extremely rare. I find HP mats all the time, though.

Supa_Buu
Dec 30, 2002, 02:56 AM
Actually.. My Friend has found afew TP mats, and I've actually been there when he's found them, so I know for sure they aren't taken out.

Seph5172
Dec 30, 2002, 08:32 AM
Heh, well, i do have a few thigns to say about mats

with a HUmar, i usually just use whatever i find, for one main reason, he my main character. My other characters will have a bit more balance. To be truthful, my character is pretty solid for being purely offline so far.

Amethyst
Dec 31, 2002, 02:18 PM
I feed my Hunter only Evade and Defence Materials. Need to dodge and take less damage on Frontline.

My Ranger takes all the Power Materials he can. All the Rangers suck in damage.

My Force just takes all the Mind Materials. I love strong Spells

This way almost all the Materials found are used in a good way.

harmfulcow
Dec 31, 2002, 10:03 PM
how come im a RAcast and all i find is mind materials?I find luck mterial and hit materal all the time.

VeRiOwnzyou
Jan 12, 2003, 05:15 PM
Only place I've seen TP materials in ep1&2 is in challenge mode.