PDA

View Full Version : all this hard work and what do i get?

XS-Rati
Dec 26, 2002, 08:40 PM
damnit i played all the way thru vhard to get to ultimate all i get from what i see is a modded format of the coding in normal pso and new skins on the enemies ... wtf the exp is good but who can get past those ob lillies megid? Only god knows... cuz only GOD CAN! geez im only lvl 78

VulpesMundi
Dec 26, 2002, 08:52 PM
Actually they're not just new skins, but new models as well. If you take a closer look all the enemies with new skins are quite differently modelled. Rappies have big beaks, Bartle/Barbles look like walking boulders, Tollaws look like bugs, etc. Even the Sil Dragon, Dal Ra Lie, and Vol Opt ver.2 have new models. Heck, a lot of the skins were edited for this version, too. They're a little bit different than they were in the DC version. The Sil Dragon, for example, has a lot more color to him. And also note that the bosses have different attack patterns in Ultimate.

However, if you're disappointed with how Episode 1 looks, be prepared to really be disappointed with Episode 2. None of the new critters there are different in Ultimate mode, though the bosses still have slightly different attack patterns. For example, the Golden Pig Ray that shows up in the battle with Barba Ray causes confusion in Normal thru Very Hard. In Ultimate it causes Paralysis.

The biggest notable difference with Ultimate is that the critters drop arguably better items than in the other difficulties. However, the counter to this is that they drop all items in general a lot less frequently. With the good comes the bad.

Tavia
Dec 26, 2002, 09:00 PM
NOTE: If you are easily offended, you probably do not want to read my post. Thanks.

Ah, you think Ultimate Mode is difficult on the GameCube? I remember what it was like on the Dreamcast. Whee.

I recall when my gaming buddies and I ventured into Ultimate for the first time, and our swords and guns were roughly as powerful as toothpicks and rubber bands. It was hilarious and humbling at the same time. We would get smacked down mercilessly -- sometimes felled in a single blow -- and it was morbidly amusing.

Hence, we coined it, "Ass Rape Mode", defined as the vicious virtual equivalent of an unwanted ass raping. Summarized into one word, it would be known as "Pain".

RagMasterRappy
Dec 26, 2002, 09:34 PM
The colors might look richer because I'm guessing that they're not using 16-bit color like they were in the DC version. All of the models and textures look the same as they were in the DC version anyway.

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 26, 2002, 09:58 PM
LOL Tav, i would have to concur.
I remember i took my oroti into ulti and tried to strike those lightning quick bartles for the first time. Now i could have sworn my blade went into its chest, but the blow i took to the skull proved my theory to be false.
It took me a couple of minutes to actuly take just 1 out @__@
Dragon slayers and the like were like hitting the new enemies with news papers.
It didnt take long, however, to find an ancient saber, but even that proved to be only a little more effective. Luckily i had a friend who gave me a red hg and i was able to beat ice dragon at lv 65 or so i belive offline.
Ep 1 and 2 is cake compared to DC v2.
Ob lillies now are justa minor annoyance.

XS-Rati
Dec 26, 2002, 11:11 PM
geez... if u no what a skin is for video games youd realize its a new model... go ahead ask any one who plays unreal tournament what a skin is and what they use 9/10 will say they use light wave if they do even no how to make 1 same goes for quake

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 26, 2002, 11:22 PM
obviously you dont know what skins are. In unreal skins are just colors pasted onto a basic 3d model with the same polygons and proportions depending on wich character has been modified.
In ult, tallows,the large grassgoppers, dont have the same 3d model as gigoboomas, or else Tallows would be short and stumpy with large cones on theyre heads.
Your argument is that the enemies ATTACK PATTERNS are the same. And yes they are, but alot quicker, hit harder, hit consecutavely and are just all around more annoying and frustrating to take out.
Again, all character models are different in size and proportion and how many polygons are changed.

Wang_Tang
Dec 26, 2002, 11:27 PM
I would have to agree that PSO was, in general, alot harder back in the old days, and i think you should quit your bitching O_o.
The enemies in ult look a lot more badass than in norm, hard, or very hard. Also, stop bitching about Ob Lillies, they're a piece of cake in ep I, and have been since ver 2. I can't wait till you find a Hildetorr, just so it OWNS your ass ^_^.
If you don't have anything good to say about the game, stop playing.

VulpesMundi
Dec 26, 2002, 11:48 PM
On 2002-12-26 20:11, XS-Rati wrote:
geez... if u no what a skin is for video games youd realize its a new model... go ahead ask any one who plays unreal tournament what a skin is and what they use 9/10 will say they use light wave if they do even no how to make 1 same goes for quake

You kept saying skins. You said nothing about models. I'm merely pointing out what you didn't.

A model is the polygonal shape of the object in question. Everything from the characters, enemies, item, and areas are made up of models.

A skin is the coloration pattern pasted onto a model. A character would just look like a polygonal shape if it didn't have a skin on it to give it detail.

XS-Rati
Dec 28, 2002, 10:45 AM
look --- i did find a hildetor and i tore that bitch up and got my star amplifier from its punk ass... now what?!

*edit by Abdur*
Read the forum rules, stop with the anti-homosexual remarks. This is a warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-28 15:12 ]</font>

Tavia
Dec 28, 2002, 01:30 PM
On 2002-12-28 07:45, XS-Rati wrote:
look --- i did find a hildetor and i tore that bitch up and got my star amplifier from its punk ass... now what?!

You can use that wonderful item to heal your HP and the HP of all those around you. It's like flower power.

*edit by Abdur*
Just taking out the offensive word in the quote, pay no mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-28 15:13 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Dec 28, 2002, 02:00 PM
He said amplifier not atomizer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Tavia
Dec 28, 2002, 03:12 PM
On 2002-12-28 11:00, Broken Hope wrote:
He said amplifier not atomizer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Aw, really? There goes my poke, then.

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 28, 2002, 03:15 PM
fag huh? thats realy gonna get people to reply seriously to your future posts.
i swear, the new generation of 14 year olds these days, no respect, nyuk nyuk nyuk