PDA

View Full Version : Urge to kill: Rising

Zorafim
Aug 22, 2007, 09:51 PM
This starts the first week for me starting another semester of high-demand classes (I couldn't even take piano this semester). I've noticed a heavy increase in my stuttering, my curse counts, and muscle pains. This, of course, means that my stress levels are rising, and my body is adjusting accordingly.
This also means that I'm going to be much less pleasant to be around than when I wasn't stressed (As if I wasn't unpleasant enough as it was). I suppose this will be an advanced apology to my rampant fanboy rants, "I can't get what I'm hunting for" rants, or other similar behavior. I'll try to control myself, but I'm really bad at managing my stress.

MetaZedlen
Aug 22, 2007, 09:54 PM
So.................where does the urge to kill come in? I would love to see some violence...

Zorafim
Aug 22, 2007, 09:58 PM
Urge to kill comes from high stress levels. It's odd how quickly even the word "Calculus" increases my desire for violence.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 22, 2007, 10:07 PM
Sounds like you need to manage your time better and focus on whats more important right now.
Also take time out of your day to notice the small things in life that give you some sense of fun or a break in monotony, like a nice cup of tea or sliding down handrails to get that heart goin!

Zorafim
Aug 22, 2007, 10:11 PM
Focusing, that's something difficult for me. Normally, I can get what's needed out of the way in one sitting before continuing on to something I preferred, but something about getting less sleep or the added load throws me off.

ABDUR101
Aug 22, 2007, 10:14 PM
So long as you're not breaking the rules(or attempt to use your stress as an excuse for breaking them), you'll be alright.

I never had much need fer lerning mahself!

Zorafim
Aug 22, 2007, 10:26 PM
I can stay well within the forum rules, and still be hated for my behavior. I noticed last semester, for instance, I made many fanboy induced rants, calling out anyone who called a newman an elf, for instance.

Hm, this doesn't look like a rant to me...

amtalx
Aug 23, 2007, 06:45 AM
Alcohol.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 23, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-08-22 20:26, Zorafim wrote:
Hm, this doesn't look like a rant to me...

Also for serious and thoughtful discussion.

Or personal (journey) topics.

Try to find some stress relief, playing PSU might not be the best for that as your latest broken synth/grind/whatever could be a straw that breaks during your already elevated stress level.

Solstis
Aug 23, 2007, 03:23 PM
Learn how to meditate, even if you can only hold it for 10 minutes. Good relaxation method. Controlling your breathing works just as well sometimes.

Mystil
Aug 23, 2007, 08:38 PM
I noticed here and other forums, that when students have exams, and/or need to do a lot of studying, or have one those HELL weeks were you're stuck in classes with the WORST POSSIBLE TEACHER - they don't come online for awhile.

Think about it.